ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Palazzo del Ghiaccio, Milano, Italia - 8 Aprile del 1967
© Giovanni Liverani with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dylan to headline Austin City Limits Fest!! Return to archive
10th May 2007 03:00 PM
Saint Sway Dylan & White Stripes topping this years bill!!!

http://www.aclfest.com/lineup.aspx

plus a lot of my other fav's.... Lucinda Williams, Wilco, Steve Earle, Morning Jacket, Damien Rice, Rev Horton Heat, Billie Joe Shaver, Rose Hill Drive...

cant f'in wait for the new Stripes record!!
10th May 2007 03:21 PM
twicks1 That's a pretty boring list.

You heard the new Wilco yet? What a letdown.
10th May 2007 03:27 PM
Saint Sway worse than "A Ghost is BORING"??
10th May 2007 03:29 PM
pdog I don't dig Wilco... There's alot of good stuff out there, it surprises me these guys are so well liked...
10th May 2007 03:31 PM
twicks1 "A Ghost Is Born" has some good tunes.

The Late Greats. Theologians. It's the only CD I have that starts slow and improves as it goes.
10th May 2007 03:34 PM
pdog AM is good...
10th May 2007 03:47 PM
Gazza
quote:
twicks1 wrote:
That's a pretty boring list.

Thats an absolutely astounding line up as far as I can see.

I'm someone who normally wouldnt bother with festivals, but theres easily a dozen artists on that I'd go out of my way to watch in normal circumstances - including about five who are , IMHO, easily in the top ten artists on the planet at the minute

Honestly, thats the best festival line up I've ever seen.

Wait till Meg sees that little lot - she'll be remortgaging her house.
[Edited by Gazza]
10th May 2007 04:02 PM
twicks1 It's a typically "Austin City Limits" lineup...well-respected, alt-country critic's darlings.

Like I said, boring.
10th May 2007 04:15 PM
Gazza
quote:
twicks1 wrote:
It's a typically "Austin City Limits" lineup...well-respected, alt-country critic's darlings.

what would you expect? acid house?
10th May 2007 04:22 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
twicks1 wrote:
It's a typically "Austin City Limits" lineup...well-respected, alt-country critic's darlings.

Like I said, boring.

naturally, its alt-country heavy - its "Austin City Limits"

and those are the bands on the list that are my favs

if alt-country's not you're thing, thats totally understandable.

But by saying "boring", I can only assume that you've NEVER seen My Morning Jacket, White Stripes, Rose Hill Drive, Reverend Horton Heat or Joseph Arthur live. Because they each deliver amazing high energy performances
10th May 2007 04:24 PM
twicks1 That's my point...no surprises at all. Except maybe Horton Heat.

I've seen the White Stripes. It's pretty exciting for about three songs, then my ears really start wanting some low-end frequencies.

Whatever. I'm happy you guys are excited.
[Edited by twicks1]
10th May 2007 04:31 PM
Saint Sway maybe Wildwoodpaloozer is more your thing?
10th May 2007 04:32 PM
twicks1 I see the Stray Cats are touring this summer. That would have been a nice addition...something kinda different, yet within the acceptable ACL guidelines.
10th May 2007 04:49 PM
Dan
quote:
twicks1 wrote:
I see the Stray Cats are touring this summer. That would have been a nice addition...something kinda different, yet within the acceptable ACL guidelines.

Touring with ZZ Top and the Pretenders!

Rancid is rumored to headline Sunset Junction this year but the lineup hasn't been officially announced yet.
10th May 2007 05:15 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Thats an absolutely astounding line up as far as I can see.

I'm someone who normally wouldnt bother with festivals, but theres easily a dozen artists on that I'd go out of my way to watch in normal circumstances - including about five who are , IMHO, easily in the top ten artists on the planet at the minute

Honestly, thats the best festival line up I've ever seen.

Wait till Meg sees that little lot - she'll be remortgaging her house.
[Edited by Gazza]

DAMN!! I only wish..Where is that pot of gold when you need it??!!

Shit.. What a terrific lineup...
11th May 2007 12:21 AM
Bloozehound
quote:
twicks1 wrote:

Like I said, boring.

ACL fest 2 years ago I got high as fuck with a bunch of hippies watching a cool reggae band called Slightly Stoopid, later was mr. front row joe for the Black Crowes, and afterwards waltzed over to 6th street and got blitzed to some Irish punk band

I wasn't bored
11th May 2007 10:44 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

ACL fest 2 years ago I got high as fuck with a bunch of hippies watching a cool reggae band called Slightly Stoopid, later was mr. front row joe for the Black Crowes, and afterwards waltzed over to 6th street and got blitzed to some Irish punk band

I wasn't bored

damn straight brother!!!

now thats livin!!
11th May 2007 11:00 AM
twicks1 Sway, you swapped out that cool Westerberg pic for THAT?

(shudders)
11th May 2007 11:04 AM
Saint Sway I change em all the time.

keeps things fresh
11th May 2007 11:05 AM
Mel Belli I could never used to Chris with a guitar.
11th May 2007 11:38 AM
mmdog
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

naturally, its alt-country heavy - its "Austin City Limits"

and those are the bands on the list that are my favs

if alt-country's not you're thing, thats totally understandable.

But by saying "boring", I can only assume that you've NEVER seen My Morning Jacket, White Stripes, Rose Hill Drive, Reverend Horton Heat or Joseph Arthur live. Because they each deliver amazing high energy performances

Can't wait for the new White Stripes also. However has Rose Hill Drive recovered from opening for Van Halen in 2004? Sway, we need answers.
11th May 2007 11:48 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
I could never used to Chris with a guitar.

yeah... I like it better when the boy is gettin his groove on

he's one of the classic - quinessential frontman 101s, IMO

theres a Live double cd out from 2005's Austin City Limits Fest with tracks by the Black Crowes, Black Keys, Allmans, Mule, Steve Earle, Asleep At the Wheel, Jet, Widespread Panic and Robert Earl Keen
11th May 2007 11:50 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
mmdog wrote:

Can't wait for the new White Stripes also. However has Rose Hill Drive recovered from opening for Van Halen in 2004? Sway, we need answers.

Rose Hill Drive has spent the this year opening for The Who.

They've moved on from Van Humiliation and have fully graduated to Whomiliation.
11th May 2007 04:14 PM
Martha I'm too old for these all day, many stages, standing only, (in a huge crowd), when I am the shortest person, and can NEVER see kinda-type shows. Plus where is the bathroom and how do I make it back to my spot!? Fuck!

LOL

And Austin's 15 hours 59 minutes driving time from Lafayette.

I'd need a tour bus.

Very nice line-up. Will Jack or anyone guest with Bob? He hasn't had a guest in awhile has he?

:-)

peace out,
Martha
11th May 2007 04:19 PM
Saint Sway Raconteurs opened a leg of Bobs tour last fall. But Jack was never invited out to perform with Bob.
11th May 2007 04:52 PM
Martha
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Raconteurs opened a leg of Bobs tour last fall. But Jack was never invited out to perform with Bob.

He played with Bob the last of the 3 night's of Detroit in March of 2004. I'll never forget it. :-)

Ball & Biscuit

MM
13th May 2007 01:39 AM
keefjunkie i would go in a heart beat for dylan, stipes and my morning jacket.
13th May 2007 02:58 AM
Play With Fire
I love Bob Dylan, but to see him headline a festival like this doesn't make sense.

Aside from the diehard Dylan fans there (maybe 5%), the rest of the crowd will fall asleep. He's great in a small venue alone as a headliner, but this will be bizarre.

13th May 2007 03:18 AM
MrPleasant Bob Dylan will never return to México.
13th May 2007 10:51 AM
Martha
quote:
Play With Fire wrote:

I love Bob Dylan, but to see him headline a festival like this doesn't make sense.

Aside from the diehard Dylan fans there (maybe 5%), the rest of the crowd will fall asleep. He's great in a small venue alone as a headliner, but this will be bizarre.

They will NOT fall asleep. But I wonder if he'll do a shorter set since it's a festival.

xxoo,
MM
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)