ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Palazzo del Ghiaccio, Milano, Italia - 8 Aprile del 1967
© Giovanni Liverani with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith's Arthritis Return to archive
10th May 2007 12:54 AM
MikeyC613 After watching the 4 disc DVD of HAIL HAIL ROCK AND ROLL
it kills me to watch my idol currently struggle with his contemporaries.

Clapton and Townshend haven't lost SHIT.
What is the story with Keith Richard's arthritis???
10th May 2007 03:14 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Although it must affect him in some way shape or form. I think I recall reading a while ago that doctors are suprised that considering the obvious seriousness of his conctition, he feels remarkably little pain.

Not sure how accurate that was, but Im sure he is fine.

10th May 2007 07:32 AM
mrhipfl it definitely causes problems when he's soloing. Causes a lot of muted strings and what not. It must suck so damn much for him to know how to play something really cool and fast but not being able to pull it off due to a physical condition. I feel for him.
10th May 2007 07:38 AM
Steel Wheels I'm sure he hurts, but he puts on a great show to me.
10th May 2007 02:28 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
I think I recall reading a while ago that doctors are suprised that considering the obvious seriousness of his conctition, he feels remarkably little pain.

Keith has felt remarkably little pain for nearly 5 decades now
10th May 2007 02:31 PM
Joey
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Keith has felt remarkably little pain for nearly 5 decades now

Funny !
10th May 2007 02:38 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Joey wrote:

Funny !

Joey?!
12th May 2007 08:05 AM
Honky Tonk Man I think I read Clapton admitting that he's noticed deterioration in his playing. I don't think Pete Townsend is as good as he used to be either. It's just age, nothing else.

As for Keith, he may not be in pain, but it has obviously affected his playing. It is sad, but life goes on and I'm sure he's adapted.
12th May 2007 08:58 AM
Steel Wheels Let's just all enjoy it. When the lights go dark, and you hear the opening riff of the first song, all that bullshit goes away.

12th May 2007 11:35 AM
killerbitch Wonder what kind of meds he takes for it if any? Always thought exercise was
good for arthritis sufferers?
13th May 2007 03:44 PM
CraigP Meds? Uh, heroin???
13th May 2007 03:50 PM
Gazza
quote:
MikeyC613 wrote:
After watching the 4 disc DVD of HAIL HAIL ROCK AND ROLL
it kills me to watch my idol currently struggle with his contemporaries.

Huh? That show was 21 years ago!
13th May 2007 04:37 PM
MikeyC613
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Huh? That show was 21 years ago!

What I mean is that he was on fire. The solo in Little Queenie rocks. It seems that he has lost some fluidity in his solos. But Steel Wheels is right, when the show starts, I'm just another teenybopper in the crowd losing my mind for this band.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)