ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: DEAR DOCTOR APPRECIATION THREAD Return to archive
13th May 2006 07:53 PM
BILL PERKS IT IS MAJESTIC.DISCUSS
13th May 2006 07:57 PM
MrPleasant Let the dicks do the math.

Country Honk:
8=============================)

Dear Doctor:
8======================================================)

Far Away Eyes:
8======================================================)

Indian Girl:
8=============)
13th May 2006 08:03 PM
GotToRollMe Pure gold. Period.
13th May 2006 08:05 PM
the good Its a GREAT song to sing along and do shots to.
13th May 2006 08:13 PM
BILL PERKS I'VE BEEN SOAKIN UP DRINK LIKE A SPONGE!
13th May 2006 09:12 PM
sirmoonie The Stones were the best country artist/band that ever existed, and Dear Doctor was one of their finest. The Stones were just wee lads back then - what always amazed me about the Stones is how the fuck they knew how to do what they did. Influences be damned - the Stones broke new ground on everything from JJF to Exile - never before had music seen this and it never will again.
13th May 2006 10:09 PM
Jigsaw Puzzle I love that song (and all of beggars banquet), but it gets no recognition! I hate how alot of "top" watever songs its always the singles that the stones are mentioned for, never any good album tracks...
13th May 2006 10:16 PM
the good Yeah, the Stones have an immense talent for defining a style/genre better than the artists who CREATED the genre. I mean, what country artist wrote a tune that is better than Dead Flowers? Or Sweet Virginia? You could never say the same thing about the Beatles or Zep. When those guys did the blues or country, you knew they were TRYING to do it, and it didn't really sound genuine. But the Stones DO it, and do it better than anybody else. It is truly remarkable.
13th May 2006 10:23 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
the good wrote:
Yeah, the Stones have an immense talent for defining a style/genre better than the artists who CREATED the genre. I mean, what country artist wrote a tune that is better than Dead Flowers? Or Sweet Virginia? You could never say the same thing about the Beatles or Zep. When those guys did the blues or country, you knew they were TRYING to do it, and it didn't really sound genuine. But the Stones DO it, and do it better than anybody else. It is truly remarkable.

Fuck yes.

And its far removed, but even when the Stones turned to truly weaker influences like disco and 70s soul, they still discovered new twists. As much as we hate Miss You, there it fucking is in all its glory. And is there a better disco song than Dance Pt. 2? If there is, the Stones probably did it.
13th May 2006 10:31 PM
MrPleasant Just one word: adequacy. The Stones are diverse and adequate. If they would have tackled prog, I bet it would have smashed Thick As A Brick into dust.
13th May 2006 11:24 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
Just one word: adequacy. The Stones are diverse and adequate. If they would have tackled prog, I bet it would have smashed Thick As A Brick into dust.

Dude, if'n the Stones had the umption, they would have gone "kick nuts" on The Macarena. They can do anything.

Dear lord, please let Mick Jagger hear Young MC and get motivated. Dear lord, please let Mick Jagger hear Stone Cold Rhymin' and get serious.

Thanks lord! Big hi fi you big mug!
14th May 2006 12:08 AM
MrPleasant
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Dude, if'n the Stones had the umption, they would have gone "kick nuts" on The Macarena. They can do anything.

Dear lord, please let Mick Jagger hear Young MC and get motivated. Dear lord, please let Mick Jagger hear Stone Cold Rhymin' and get serious.

Thanks lord! Big hi fi you big mug!

Yeah, Mick needs to steal some prime stuff this time! Something by the Ketchup Girls, for instance.
14th May 2006 12:14 AM
Altamont Dear Doctor is always a great listen. Especially late night. Chase it with "High And Dry" or "No Spare Parts".
14th May 2006 02:08 AM
pdog Great story in the lyrics.
14th May 2006 05:24 AM
stewed & Keefed A great song from their greatest album.
14th May 2006 06:28 AM
sssoul >> what always amazed me about the Stones is how the fuck they knew how to do what they did <<

yeah - it is just so freakin *extraordinary*.
those cats have angels singin straight to them,
and they just want us to hear them too. thanks & praises

Keith, be *well* - all the way, baby, all the way
14th May 2006 09:56 AM
BILL PERKS
quote:
stewed & Keefed wrote:
A great song from their greatest album.

IF JJF HAD BEEN INCLUDED I WOULD TOTALLY AGREE
14th May 2006 10:22 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
the good wrote:
I mean, what country artist wrote a tune that is better than Dead Flowers? Or Sweet Virginia?

Hank Williams. Willie Nelson. Kris Kristoferson.

Get reality here, folks. They're good songs but JJF they are NOT. What's next? A claim the Stones write better reggae than Tosh and Marley or Sly and Robbie?

C'mon, we're Stones fans, yes, , but we're not deaf!!!

[Edited by lotsajizz]
14th May 2006 10:59 AM
FrankiePeppers Any music genre they went for, they nailed it; country, reggae, disco, cover tunes, anything. It shows how talented they actually are.

They should release anthology cd's for each genre they covered.
14th May 2006 12:35 PM
lotsajizz yeah, they did nail it all...even gospel, but that hardly makes them the BEST in those genres

they are the BEST blues/rock band ever....not the best reggae (the Wailers or maybe Black Uhuru) or the best country (probably Cash's mid-60's touring outfit, perhaps Elvis' TCB) band ever...nor the best funk band (the JB's or Funkadelic)

they might be the best punk band though

14th May 2006 01:57 PM
sirmoonie Best rock
Best roll
Best country
Best mariachi
Best disco
Best blues
Best neo-garde
One of top 10 reggae
One of top 5 punk

Coatimundi
14th May 2006 03:28 PM
Some Guy BILL PERKS ROCKS BITCH
14th May 2006 05:16 PM
Spru
quote:
the good wrote:
Yeah, the Stones have an immense talent for defining a style/genre better than the artists who CREATED the genre. I mean, what country artist wrote a tune that is better than Dead Flowers? Or Sweet Virginia? You could never say the same thing about the Beatles or Zep. When those guys did the blues or country, you knew they were TRYING to do it, and it didn't really sound genuine. But the Stones DO it, and do it better than anybody else. It is truly remarkable.

Exactly. I just wish more people, especially in my generation (early 20s) could realize this and stop listening to shit like Rascal Flatts.
14th May 2006 05:21 PM
the good
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

Hank Williams. Willie Nelson. Kris Kristoferson.

Get reality here, folks. They're good songs but JJF they are NOT. What's next? A claim the Stones write better reggae than Tosh and Marley or Sly and Robbie?

C'mon, we're Stones fans, yes, , but we're not deaf!!!

[Edited by lotsajizz]

I think you are
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)