ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: URGENT !!!! .... Progress Report ... ( S.S.C. ) Return to archive
13th May 2006 05:32 PM
Joey AP: 13 May 2006
* Progress Report *

" Yeah, we have some progress. I've been working almost constantly in my home studio writing music, or at Oceanic Studios helping Myles Clarke, Billy Nicholls and Bob Pridden complete tracks for the Who album planned for release in September. The condensed Mini Opera is now with Polydor for release in June, and we are batting sleeve ideas around. We were hoping to do some kind of video - Sam Mendes was mentioned to direct - but as exciting as that prospect is, I'm not sure we have time now. My daughter Minta is helping out by tracking down video directors and interfacing between The Who's management, Polydor and Roger and me.

We start rehearsals in a week from now, by which time Roger must complete six vocals on tracks I've prepared. He called me yesterday very positive about three new songs I just sent him. He has been working very hard on a number of charity projects he committed to before we arranged the tour - it has meant we have had to grab at time to record wherever we can.

There is only one familiar name one might notice is missing here - Universal Records. We do not yet have a U.S. deal settled, and that is not for lack of love or drive on either side. It just hasn't happened yet. I am keen that the Mini-Opera (Wire & Glass) is released in the U.S and Canada at the same time as the rest of the world, but as things stand, it doesn't look likely.

Plans for the tour structure look good. Creatively speaking we have more ideas than in recent years, this being our first proper World Tour ever, we have the resources to be a little more ambitious than in the recent past. However, time is against us, certainly it seems to be against me. When I started preparing tracks in December of 2005 I was picking up work I'd had to drop at roughly the same time a year before in late 2004 when Zak went off to tour with Oasis. Even so I felt I had plenty of time. But it sluices away.

Even so, today I am certain of one thing: the Who have a new record in the can - almost finished, and it will be a good one. "

www.petetownshend.com

Stones Content : STONES RULE YOU BASTARDS !

Jacky

13th May 2006 10:07 PM
MrPleasant I'm so excited I'm typing this with Keith Moon!!
14th May 2006 07:03 AM
corgi37 Eh, i aint too fussed. If they tour Oz i'll see them again, but i dont have much hope for the album being
A: Any good.
B: Successful.
14th May 2006 06:03 PM
Joey
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Eh, i aint too fussed. If they tour Oz i'll see them again, but i dont have much hope for the album being
A: Any good.
B: Successful.

Corgi ........... you are much loved by Joey

http://www.petetownshend.co.uk/diary/display.cfm?id=265&zone=diary
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)