ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Alice In Chains Appreciation Thread Return to archive Page: 1 2
12th May 2006 06:26 PM
Dan
quote:
glencar wrote:
Screaming Trees anyone?

Saw them once with Rage Against The Machine and 7 Year Bitch. It was boring. I probably should have went to the Keith Richards/Soul Asylum gig the same night.
12th May 2006 06:58 PM
Factory Girl I used to be an email buddy to the original ST drummer.
12th May 2006 07:42 PM
mac_daddy

well, the trees bring us back to mad season...

and tuatara, too

what is barrett up to these days..?

i loved the later alice stuff, loved the direction they were going, but their early two albums are dangerously close to metal. ditto for soundgarden - their albums got better and better, but to me the first one worth noting is badmotorfinger...

back to the trees... mark lanegan is a force to be reckoned with... dont know whose voice i dig more, layne's or mark's...

12th May 2006 07:43 PM
mac_daddy
12th May 2006 07:44 PM
mac_daddy

@ wikipedia >>

[Edited by mac_daddy]
12th May 2006 09:17 PM
PeerQueer I was running the streets (in and out of college) when all those guys were out and about just starting to catch fire/late 80's early 90's. Really an amazing time musically - granted, the angst theme got tired at times, but overall, a much needed return to musical credibility after the MTV hair-metal period (See: Bond Jovi, Whitesnake, Ratt, etc...)

Part of my fondness is the fact those guys were so accessible - and for all the angst image, most of them were very upbeat and good natured. Layne was initially not nearly as dark and morose as his Grunge persona suggested and if fact was doing a kind of funny glam-rock thing prior to joining up with the guys who would make up AIC, and prior to the release of DIRT and the fame that accompanied it, he came off as a very regular guy - albeit very shy.

Mike Starr on the other hand...

Of that era, Pearl Jam remains a band of great integrity and talent who continues to make remarkable music to this day. They kept their wits about them and survived the demise of many of their contemporaries.

If you have not seen them live, I suggest you do so.

Great fucking band!

13th May 2006 01:26 AM
GotToRollMe Jimi Hendrix wasn't even from this galaxy, much less Seattle. I kinda liked AIC's sound, though I never really got into them. That song "Again" kicks ass.
[Edited by GotToRollMe]
14th May 2006 04:09 AM
polksalad69
quote:
glencar wrote:
Screaming Trees anyone?

Yes, along w/Soundgarden and Mudhoney. I think I've got some Skinyard colored vinyl somewhere. AIC got booed by Slayer fans one year and cheered by the same goofs the next.
15th May 2006 07:07 AM
Factory Girl
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:
I was running the streets (in and out of college) when all those guys were out and about just starting to catch fire/late 80's early 90's. Really an amazing time musically - granted, the angst theme got tired at times, but overall, a much needed return to musical credibility after the MTV hair-metal period (See: Bond Jovi, Whitesnake, Ratt, etc...)

Part of my fondness is the fact those guys were so accessible - and for all the angst image, most of them were very upbeat and good natured. Layne was initially not nearly as dark and morose as his Grunge persona suggested and if fact was doing a kind of funny glam-rock thing prior to joining up with the guys who would make up AIC, and prior to the release of DIRT and the fame that accompanied it, he came off as a very regular guy - albeit very shy.

Mike Starr on the other hand...

Of that era, Pearl Jam remains a band of great integrity and talent who continues to make remarkable music to this day. They kept their wits about them and survived the demise of many of their contemporaries.

If you have not seen them live, I suggest you do so.

Great fucking band!

"Mike Starr on the other hand..." P/Q please expand on your statement.

Yep, Mike Starr was kicked out of AIC for doing too much smack...rather ironic, isn't it?

What are the other AIC guys doing these days?
15th May 2006 08:02 AM
corgi37 Screaming Trees "I nearly lost you" is maybe the best song of the 90's.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)