ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: JIMI HENDRIX Sidemen Return With New BAND OF GYPSYS Album - Return to archive
12th May 2006 12:58 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
JIMI HENDRIX Sidemen Return With New BAND OF GYPSYS Album - May 12, 2006

Launch Radio Networks reports: Jimi Hendrix's BAND OF GYPSYS is back, more than 35 years after his death. Drummer Buddy Miles and bassist Billy Cox have released a new CD/DVD combo titled "The Band Of Gypsys Return", which features nine live and studio recordings. Included on the album are Hendrix classics such as "Foxey Lady", "Stone Free" and "Machine Gun", as well as two new songs that Cox wrote as a tribute to the R&B circuit where he, Miles, and Hendrix learned their craft. Guitar work on "The Band Of Gypsys Return" comes from Eric Gales, Kenny Olsen from Kid Rock's band, Andy Aledort from Guitar World magazine, and former EARTH, WIND & FIRE singer-guitarist Sheldon Reynolds.

Highlights on the DVD include footage of the song "Power Of Soul" being worked up in the studio, and live versions of "Foxey Lady" and "Who Knows", as well as interviews with both Cox and Miles.

Miles met Hendrix on the road in 1965, while Cox's relationship with Hendrix goes back even farther — they met in 1961 at Fort Campbell in Kentucky, when both were in the U.S. Army.

For the past two decades, Miles has probably been best known as the lead voice of the CALIFORNIA RAISINS.

12th May 2006 01:01 PM
Saint Sway Buddy Miles is an asshole. And a crack head.
12th May 2006 01:39 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Slightly pathetic but cool

BTW, Buddy Miles is cool

This is Buddy with Jimi, Brian Jones and Mama Cass backstage at Monterey Pop Festival in 1967 (thanks Stewed and keefed)

BTW, the guy on the back sounds familiar to me but don't get who the fuck he is

another pic of Buddy and buddy Jimi

12th May 2006 01:54 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
BTW, Buddy Miles is cool

no he's not. Far from it. A crack head. A leach.
12th May 2006 01:56 PM
glencar You meant "leech" and you're most likely wrong about this guy since you're always wrong every other time. It's why so many here hate you.
12th May 2006 02:14 PM
TampabayStone Nice hair!
12th May 2006 02:15 PM
jb Very nice hair.
12th May 2006 02:15 PM
glencar He looks like an older version of that funny rapper Biz Markie!
12th May 2006 02:16 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
jb wrote:
Very nice hair.

You shall be greeted by the 83 post man!
12th May 2006 02:18 PM
glencar 82 is all it shows now!
12th May 2006 02:18 PM
glencar Oops!
12th May 2006 03:04 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
You meant "leech" and you're most likely wrong about this guy since you're always wrong every other time. It's why so many here hate you.

Tops of the Enemy List, baby! Number 1 with a bullet!!

to show my appreciation, the next time Buddy's in town I'll send him home with you on th LI Railroad. You can report back the following week with your opinion of him. That is, if by then, you've managed to kick him and his crack whores out of your house.
12th May 2006 06:17 PM
Lethargy Bizzare to say the least.

Don't some of the former Santana band members go around performing too? Is there no shame.

Then again, same with the Beach Boys, Creedence Clearwater Revisited, Styx (new singer), Journey (new singer and one original member I think). LAME.
12th May 2006 06:19 PM
glencar
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Tops of the Enemy List, baby! Number 1 with a bullet!!

to show my appreciation, the next time Buddy's in town I'll send him home with you on th LI Railroad. You can report back the following week with your opinion of him. That is, if by then, you've managed to kick him and his crack whores out of your house.

As long as you don't take a ride to my house too. You're too odd for my taste, baby sway.
12th May 2006 06:40 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I have second thoughts about him being cool now, I was referring to the past his time with Jimi and Carlos Santana, etc but just check his website and he asks for donation in the main page and also $25 USD to have access to mp3s and videos!

12th May 2006 08:50 PM
mac_daddy buddy is still sportin' a tough, albeit different, lid...

is he buddies with billy preston..? they look like two peas from the same pod...

quote:
glencar wrote:
He looks like an older version of that funny rapper Biz Markie!

"you, you got what i need. and you say he's just a friend. and you say he's just a friend.."

12th May 2006 08:52 PM
Riffhard I am afraid Sway is correct in his assesment of Buddy Miles. A good friend of mine,who is one of the greatest guitar players I have ever seen btw,gigged with Buddy a few times and he said almost verbatim what Sway said about him. He said the guy was totaly about the crack and shit.

Check my man Matt O'Ree out though! He's an insane player!

Here check it--->www.mattoree.com

He is currently involved in a guitar competition put on by Guitar Center. Of the 186 different Guitar Centers throughout the USA 3,200 guitarists signed up. It's down to the final 40 and Matt is representing the New York market. Last week he won a new Gibson SG,and on May 17th he's in the regional finals. Should he win that he will go to Chicago for the natiional finals. He WILL win. I mean it. This cat is jaw dropping good. Go to his website and give him a listen.

Riffy
13th May 2006 09:40 AM
corgi37 I love SG's. Tell him an Aussie is rooting for him.
13th May 2006 02:07 PM
Taptrick
Voodoochileinwonderland: You can't see it in those pics of Jimi and Brian but Jimi is actually wearing a pin that says I'M A VIRGIN . Too funny.

Jimi looks like Michael Jackson wearing a freak flag and growing the real hair out.

13th May 2006 02:24 PM
Taptrick
RIFFHARD: Can you explain the Guitar Center thing for me? Your friend sounds great but I always thought the whole idea of the Guitar Center contest was to develope, expose, and nurture amatuer guitarists. This guy has a band, gets paid big bucks for gigs, already has CDs released, and is even already on Itunes (did I see that right?. Have I always misunderstood the purpose of the Guitar Center contest. I mean this sounds like Steven Salas, John Butcher, or Curtis Fornadley entering the thing.

By the way, his sound reminds me of Cry of Love's Audley Freed who went on to play with the Black Crowes and gig with Goov't Mule. I think you might like Audley's work with Cry of Love although he is supposed to tour with Dixie Chicks this year (ouch that hurts).

13th May 2006 03:35 PM
JuanTCB Buddy had a bit of a Mo Vaughn thing happening, too.

I used to work at a label that put out an album or two of his and dreaded having to speak with him on the phone.

Not really an asshole per se, but crazier than a shithouse rat, for sure.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)