ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ON THIS DATE IN STONES HISTORY Return to archive
12th May 2006 08:40 AM
FPM C10

On May 12, 1972, the Rolling Stones released Exile on Main Street.

The high point of civilization as we know it? It's all been downhill since then!

12th May 2006 11:18 AM
sirmoonie The greatest album of all time.

It has been all downhill since then, but thankfully a very long and low degree gradient. Nigh on 34 years later, the Stones still get it out and bust a move.
12th May 2006 11:47 AM
charlotte those were the days....
12th May 2006 12:05 PM
Tom Best album ever
12th May 2006 12:07 PM
Jigsaw_Puzzle

just thought id add the back of the album
12th May 2006 12:16 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Jigsaw_Puzzle wrote:

just thought id add the back of the album

Hey, who's the guy in the center of the second tier of photos, right under the picture of Mick Taylor and to the right of the tongue poster?

Anybody know?

He seems happy to be on the cover of the greatest album of all time!
12th May 2006 12:25 PM
erikjjf
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
Hey, who's the guy in the center of the second tier of photos, right under the picture of Mick Taylor and to the right of the tongue poster?

Anybody know?

Joey?
12th May 2006 12:28 PM
FPM C10 NOW THAT YOU MENTION IT....!!!!

He must've been on R&R from The 'Nam!
12th May 2006 07:11 PM
Soldatti 34 years already?
Incredible.
12th May 2006 09:52 PM
Jigsaw Puzzle

another pic
13th May 2006 09:10 AM
corgi37 It is the standard of which all others are measured. And none come close.

Only LIB & SF are even in the same ballpark.

13th May 2006 01:12 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Anybody know?

that'll be Tony Sanchez; Keiths 'assistant' and drug dealer from 69' to 76' i think.
13th May 2006 02:37 PM
chevysales
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

The high point of civilization as we know it? It's all been downhill since then!

history made with release of this dirty gritty album that many fans needed to hear a few times before raving about it while critics for the most part raved about it on first listen.

me i was part of the former... needed a few listens before i appreciated it.
13th May 2006 02:46 PM
MrPleasant Should it really be listened gradually, side after side (like Jagger, I think, said), instead of, like, totally completely?
13th May 2006 02:58 PM
Jigsaw Puzzle
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
Should it really be listened gradually, side after side (like Jagger, I think, said), instead of, like, totally completely?

Yah jagger was right, graduals the way to go
13th May 2006 03:03 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
Jigsaw Puzzle wrote:

Siskel and Gretel say THUMBS UP!!
13th May 2006 05:23 PM
Joey
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Amen .

Our band is not loved by all the masses and I like it like that . Indeed , We are like a secret society . Undercover of the night we are . Hug Me .

Fleabit , I often think of the poor long lost bastards out there that don't listen to the Rolling Stones . Especially in their cars whilst driving along on the Interstate heading into Downtown Chicago . Those individuals have sick , empty lives . I do NOT want to know people like THAT .

JACKY ! ®

[ Edited by Bebe ]
[Edited by Joey]
13th May 2006 05:32 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Anybody know?

It looks like Jim Price?

13th May 2006 05:57 PM
ebmp I used to think Sticky Fingers was the best. But as someone here said, once you "get" Exile on Main Street, there's no way back
13th May 2006 08:15 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
Jigsaw Puzzle wrote:

Just thinking, the same happens with the Minutemen's Double Nickels On The Dime, the Beatles White Album, Dylan's Blonde On Blonde, Ween's GodWeenSatan and, mmh, Oops I Did It Again?. Better to appreciate if listened gradually. Why? Because they're not "concept" albums (Tommy, Quadrophenia, Lamb Lies Down On Broadway, Joe's Garage); they're more than the sum of their parts.
[Edited by MrPleasant]
13th May 2006 10:11 PM
Jigsaw Puzzle
quote:
Joey wrote:

Amen .

Our band is not loved by all the masses and I like it like that . Indeed , We are like a secret society . Undercover of the night we are . Hug Me .

Fleabit , I often think of the poor long lost bastards out there that don't listen to the Rolling Stones . Especially in their cars whilst driving along on the Interstate heading into Downtown Chicago . Those individuals have sick , empty lives . I do NOT want to know people like THAT .

JACKY ! ®

[ Edited by Bebe ]
[Edited by Joey]

I agree my friends have never even herd of them....and they'd rather listen to shit bands like nickelback...uuuuugghhh
14th May 2006 02:18 AM
Turd OnThe Run
quote:
they'd rather listen to shit bands like nickelback...

You have friends that actually listen to Nickleback?
With friends like that, who needs enemies.

14th May 2006 02:29 AM
pdog Exile is better than anything, ever, anywhere. I can prove it too.
14th May 2006 02:45 AM
Altamont Regarding the question about the man in the picture

I don't think it looks like Jim Price or Spanish Tony. Going to have to ask Robert Frank.

14th May 2006 04:17 AM
Turd OnThe Run I've always thought Ii looks alot like a young Lyle Alzado from the Oakland Raiders.

Or it could even be Joey Buttafuco.

[Edited by Turd OnThe Run]
14th May 2006 08:43 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
chevysales wrote:

history made with release of this dirty gritty album that many fans needed to hear a few times before raving about it while critics for the most part raved about it on first listen.

me i was part of the former... needed a few listens before i appreciated it.

the critics actually initially gave it bad reviews, then realised it was genius to my knowledge; either way it is THE best Stones album, period.
15th May 2006 01:57 AM
Dice Man The man in the picture your asking about is Marshall Chess, who was the president of Rolling Stones Records.

Just watch C**ksucker Blues 1972, his the shirtless guy in the beginning of the movie.
15th May 2006 10:04 AM
Ronnie Richards
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:

Just thinking, the same happens with the Minutemen's Double Nickels On The Dime, the Beatles White Album, Dylan's Blonde On Blonde, Ween's GodWeenSatan and, mmh, Oops I Did It Again?. Better to appreciate if listened gradually. Why? Because they're not "concept" albums (Tommy, Quadrophenia, Lamb Lies Down On Broadway, Joe's Garage); they're more than the sum of their parts.
[Edited by MrPleasant]

Yes, Oops I Did It Again should be listened to very, VERY gradually..
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)