ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith's Amazing Feat! Return to archive
12th May 2006 08:25 AM
gimmekeef A 62 year old guy with a gallon of vodka in him climbs 15 feet up a tree with no limbs...hmmmmmm..I'd say that was pretty amazing...and he survived the fall!....The legend continues.....
12th May 2006 09:15 AM
Scottfree Are his feat arthritic like his fingers?
12th May 2006 10:05 AM
Ihavelotsajam
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
A 62 year old guy with a gallon of vodka in him climbs 15 feet up a tree with no limbs...hmmmmmm..I'd say that was pretty amazing...and he survived the fall!....The legend continues.....

And the legend of the height of the tree/distance of fall will surely keep continuing up, too.
12th May 2006 10:06 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
Ihavelotsajam wrote:

And the legend of the height of the tree/distance of fall will surely keep continuing up, too.

Heard on another board it may have even been 20 ft!...lmao
12th May 2006 10:57 AM
Lucy_Bandersnatch
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
A 62 year old guy with a gallon of vodka in him climbs 15 feet up a tree with no limbs...hmmmmmm..I'd say that was pretty amazing...

I've been saying that since I first heard the news. I really think the guy is/was in better physical shape that most people give him credit for. How many 62 year olds do you know that could scale a tree- one without limbs? Too bad he got as high as he did though...then again, if he wasn't so high, maybe he couldn't have gotten so high...

12th May 2006 10:58 AM
glencar The alcohol probably helped him get through the fall.
12th May 2006 11:10 AM
jb And I'll sell you the Brooklyn Bridge....thge tree thing is laudable.!!!
12th May 2006 11:15 AM
sirmoonie And when you consider Ronnie was climbing the tree all bedrunken too, the tree shaking around, coconuts all over the goddam place, polynesian urchins swarming, it was one helluva performance by Keith. One helluva performance. He almost pulled it off.
12th May 2006 11:17 AM
Lucy_Bandersnatch Has anyone bounced around the idea that maybe it wasn't Keith going UP a coconut tree but rather a coconut came DOWN and hit him? Common sense tells me that's probably more plausible, but not nearly as interesting...

Are the Stones just waiting until Keith comments publicly on this or are they waiting until everyone compares notes so they all have the same story?

Ronnie knows...wasn't he there?
12th May 2006 11:21 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Lucy_Bandersnatch wrote:
Has anyone bounced around the idea that maybe it wasn't Keith going UP a coconut tree but rather a coconut came DOWN and hit him? Common sense tells me that's probably more plausible, but not nearly as interesting...

Are the Stones just waiting until Keith comments publicly on this or are they waiting until everyone compares notes so they all have the same story?

Ronnie knows...wasn't he there?

No, you've been watching Gilligan's Island too much. A Fijian coconut couldn't do the kind of cranial damage that Keith suffered. Only a 20-30 foot fall could do this. Thats the only thing.
12th May 2006 11:24 AM
Lucy_Bandersnatch
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
...Only a 20-30 foot fall could do this. Thats the only thing.

So then we're back to an amazing feat. Obviously he must have been high enough (okay, pun intended) to do some damage when he hit. Did he land on sand? Maybe that was lucky too..landing on something soft.
12th May 2006 11:27 AM
jb LOL...I think a minor stroke is more likely...but not a "titillating" as a fiji coconut(see Lil Fiji, Fucking Andrew).
12th May 2006 11:57 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

No, you've been watching Gilligan's Island too much. A Fijian coconut couldn't do the kind of cranial damage that Keith suffered. Only a 20-30 foot fall could do this. Thats the only thing.

Its working!..we're up to 30 ft now!!!!!!!!!!!
12th May 2006 12:01 PM
charlotte guys, let me tell you the real story!

Coconut tree was 45 ft. keith was juggling 4 10 pound coconuts while smoking 2 Marlboro's and a 16 oz plastic cup of orange/vodka...amazing
12th May 2006 12:06 PM
the good
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

A Fijian coconut couldn't do the kind of cranial damage that Keith suffered.

It could if it was dropped by an African swallow.
12th May 2006 12:30 PM
Ihavelotsajam
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

A 30 foot fall would have killed him-- even if he's Keith Richards.

My bet is that we NEVER find out what really happened. It's Keith after all, shrouded in myth.
12th May 2006 12:37 PM
Saint Sway I heard from a very reliable inside source that while perched atop the 55 ft tree Keith was injecting massive doses of speed balls into the coconuts and then drinking them.
12th May 2006 02:44 PM
Scottfree Cocunuts kill more people a year then Sharks and lighting combined.....Very dangerous fruit or seed, not unlike the Pineapple...
12th May 2006 03:04 PM
pdog Keith was playing guitar on top of the tree, when he did his trademark leg kick, he slipped fell down 100 ft.
12th May 2006 03:32 PM
gimmekeef Wasnt Muddy Waters trimmin the hedges near by when Keith fell onto the deck chair beside him?
12th May 2006 03:33 PM
pdog Ronnie was fixing a Jet ski on another tree, that's why the reposrts are so conflicted. Amazing part, like his guitar playing, Ronnie was not using his hands.
12th May 2006 03:37 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
pdog wrote:
Ronnie was fixing a Jet ski on another tree, that's why the reposrts are so conflicted. Amazing part, like his guitar playing, Ronnie was not using his hands.

thats gold!
12th May 2006 06:13 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Wasnt Muddy Waters trimmin the hedges near by when Keith fell onto the deck chair beside him?

I heard Chuck Berry was up the same tree. Could be foul play afoot here...
13th May 2006 01:47 AM
pdog Just in: Mick Taylor was there too. In fact Keith landed on him, and Lil' Big Mick broke his fall...
13th May 2006 08:07 AM
corgi37 You are all assuming the tree was straight up. As we all know, that aint the case. Many coconut trees are slanted almost horizontal.
13th May 2006 09:40 AM
GotToRollMe In light of Keef's shinnying prowess, this thread shoulda been called "Keith's Amazing FEET!"

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)
13th May 2006 10:02 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
pdog wrote:
Just in: Mick Taylor was there too. In fact Keith landed on him, and Lil' Big Mick broke his fall...

If he'd landed on Big Taylor..he woulda bounced right back up into the tree...This Chuck Berry rumor might be worth looking into though....or maybe he was pushed out by that guy he hit in the head with his Strat in 81 on the Hampton DVD!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)