ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Happy Birthdsay Salvador Dali Return to archive Page: 1 2
12th May 2006 10:09 AM
Make It Funky Yeah, I remember visiting that museum in Florida (not Russia) back in '87 and it had a lasting affect on me. So much so, 3 years ago, during my RocknRolling Stones adventure across Europe, I flew down to Barcelona to visit the museum there. Unfortunately, the main one, in Figures was out of reach or refurbishing, so I couldnt make it.

Salvador Dali - The Great Masturbator

Cheers!
12th May 2006 10:12 AM
FPM C10
quote:
Candace Youngblood wrote:
Hi. I stopped in for a visit. I just wanted to say that I can't believe how different the first painting you posted (Soft Construction With Boiled Beans:Premontition of Civil War)looks in real life. It looks completely different. Dali's genius must be examined up close and personal...it doesn't do it justice when posted on the internet...or even in a picture book. I liked him before I ever saw anything for real...and after I did, he became my favorite artist. The colors and lighting in that painting were so realistic...it seemed as if there was a flashlight shining through the canvas from behind. Amazing.

And I was always a die-hard Picasso fan. Not that I don't still love his stuff, too, but Dali moved up a notch.

Anyway, happy belated.....(((Dali)))

~Candy~

Hi Sweetie! See you in a few minutes for coffee?

Of course I agree with your astute comments - the first Dali I saw in person was this one:

In the National Gallery in DC, on my class trip in 1975. It was a class "trip" in more ways than one, nudge nudge wink wink, and I stood staring at it for what seemed like hours. I got an inch away from it and couldn't discern any brush strokes - it seemed like a photograph - then when you look at it from a specific angle and distance, a dove appears above Christ's left hand. WHOAH!

That's not even one of his really great works, but it still contains power and magic that confounds the senses.

St. Petersburg has several of his Master Works, the GIANT canvases like "Tuna Fishing" and "The Dream of Christopher Columbus". They are absolutely unbelievable.

12th May 2006 10:50 AM
glencar I like the photos of Keith better!
12th May 2006 10:55 AM
Candace Youngblood I remember another thing we discussed after the Phila show was his ability to paint extremely large paintings and extremely small paintings, with the same amount of detail and precision.

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)