ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: How long they work with Tony King? Return to archive
11th May 2006 11:06 AM
Bruno
I just watched my old 25x5 and he appears talking about the band in the 60s and I donīt think he was already in their team by then.
11th May 2006 11:12 AM
BILL PERKS I THOUGHT HE BEGAN WITH THEM IN THE EARLY 80'S AND THAT HE WORKED FOR THE BEATLES IN THE 60'S
11th May 2006 12:29 PM
Mel Belli Not that there's anything wrong with it, of course, but Tony King is gayer than the day is long.
11th May 2006 12:31 PM
glencar Was he Mick's ball boy?
11th May 2006 01:12 PM
Bruno
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
Not that there's anything wrong with it, of course, but Tony King is gayer than the day is long.

He is EXTREMELY gay in Four Flicks.
11th May 2006 01:24 PM
erikjjf From "A Life On The Road":

"Tony King was a promotion man at Decca Records when Chrissie Shrimpton, then Mick's girlfriend, took him to see the Stones at the Scene Club in Ham Yard. Tony subsequently went to work for the Stones just after they'd recorded "Satisfaction", at Andrew Loog Oldham's request, and handled record promotion throughout 1965 and 1966. After a period working with the Beatles, Elton John and RCA in New York, he then returned to work with Mick in 1984 and with the Stones on the Steel Wheels tour, and has acted as press liaison for Mick on all the tours thereafter."
11th May 2006 01:29 PM
jb
quote:
erikjjf wrote:
From "A Life On The Road":

"Tony King was a promotion man at Decca Records when Chrissie Shrimpton, then Mick's girlfriend, took him to see the Stones at the Scene Club in Ham Yard. Tony subsequently went to work for the Stones just after they'd recorded "Satisfaction", at Andrew Loog Oldham's request, and handled record promotion throughout 1965 and 1966. After a period working with the Beatles, Elton John and RCA in New York, he then returned to work with Mick in 1984 and with the Stones on the Steel Wheels tour, and has acted as press liaison for Mick on all the tours thereafter."

hello erik..you have not responded to my e-mails lately!!!
11th May 2006 01:30 PM
glencar Have you 2 broken up???
11th May 2006 01:31 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Have you 2 broken up???

Erik is a great Swedish fan, and a friend..they sold out in Sweden in 48 minutes!!! The only real sell out so far !!!!
11th May 2006 01:33 PM
glencar I almost went to Sweden last month! I had a 4 day trip to Euro planned & the France part wasn't working out. I was going to fly on RyanAir to Goteborg(sp?) but I read too many negatory things about RyanAir.
11th May 2006 01:35 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
I almost went to Sweden last month! I had a 4 day trip to Euro planned & the France part wasn't working out. I was going to fly on RyanAir to Goteborg(sp?) but I read too many negatory things about RyanAir.

"Nobody will beleive in you, unless you beleive in yourself"-Liberace
11th May 2006 01:36 PM
glencar words to live by!
11th May 2006 01:37 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
words to live by!

"Minds are like parachutes, they only function when opened"-Thomas Dewar
11th May 2006 01:39 PM
glencar Joshy, I gotta go!
11th May 2006 01:40 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Joshy, I gotta go!

"Personality can open doors, butg only character can keep them open"-Elmer G. Letterman,
11th May 2006 01:46 PM
nankerphelge Some's got it and some's ain't

- Andy Griffith

11th May 2006 01:49 PM
jb
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Some's got it and some's ain't

- Andy Griffith

"For the most part, fear is nothing but an illusion. When you share it with someone else. it tends to disappear"-Marilyn C. Barrick.
11th May 2006 01:57 PM
nankerphelge "Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."

W.C. Fields
11th May 2006 02:51 PM
TooTough
quote:
Bruno wrote:
He is EXTREMELY gay in Four Flicks.

And so is Mick...watch him while talking about the talkshows
he could possibly do...

"Matt Lauer? Heīs fiiiine!"
11th May 2006 02:53 PM
jb
quote:
TooTough wrote:

he could possibly do...

Funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!
11th May 2006 07:09 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
TooTough wrote:

he could possibly do...

Nah, Mick's just an effete English aristocrat. We Americans automatically think "gay" when we encounter that kind of personality, but I think in Europe effeminacy is seen a little differently.

Now, Tony King, he's a different story.
[Edited by Mel Belli]
12th May 2006 04:06 PM
TooTough Of course Mick is not gay just like a GAY,
but watch him adopting the way Tony King
talks and moves. Thatīs GAY! ;-)
13th May 2006 10:47 AM
corgi37 "They were absolutley the right people for the right time" - Tony King, 25 x 5.

Can any person lisp as well as him?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)