ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Update on Keith's health on Dutch radio 538 (in Dutch) Return to archive
11th May 2006 09:18 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat Er gaan geruchten dat Keith Richards blijvende schade heeft opgelopen door de val uit een palmboom. De 62-jarige gitarist van The Rolling Stones moest als gevolg van de val twee operaties ondergaan. Bij de laatste operatie werd een stukje van zijn schedel verwijderd om de druk op zijn hersenen te verlagen. Volgens insiders is de situatie niet zo positief als die wordt voorgesteld door familie en het management van de band. De kans zou zelfs bestaan dat Richards door de blijvende hersenschade nooit meer zal kunnen optreden met The Rolling Stones. Feit is dat zijn vrouw Patti Hansen samen met hun twee kinderen Marlon en Angela nog altijd in Auckland in Nieuw-Zeeland verblijven en Richards het land voorlopig ook nog niet zal verlaten. Richards mag dan zijn ontslagen uit het ziekenhuis, hij moet voorlopig rust houden en mag zich absoluut niet inspannen.

Het begin van de Europese tournee van The Rolling Stones, op 27 mei in Barcelona, is in ieder geval uitgesteld tot juni, maar insiders beweren dat die datum ook nog te vroeg komt voor Richards. De gitarist zou volgens artsen maanden nodig hebben om deels te herstellen van de operaties. De woordvoerder van de band ontkent overigens dat Richards twee operaties heeft ondergaan en dat hij blijvende schade zou overhouden aan het ongeval.
11th May 2006 09:24 AM
SweetVirginia

Translation, please.
11th May 2006 09:24 AM
FotiniD Babelfish translation:

There rumours that Keith Richards permanent damage has to is incurred by the fall from a palm tree. The 62 person whose birthday it is gitarist of The Rolling Stones had undergo as a result of the fall two operations. At the last operation a bit of its skull was removed to reduce busy on its brain. According to insiders the situation is not this way positively such as those it is presented family and the management of the link. The chance would even exist that Richards might never more act by the permanent brain damage with The Rolling Stones. Fact is that its woman Patti cocks stays with their two children Marlon and Angela still in Auckland in New Zealand and Richards provisionally also not yet will leave the country. Richards can have been then dismissed from the hospital, he must keep provisional rest and cannot absolutely make efforts. The beginning of the European tournee of The Rolling Stones, on 27 May in Barcelona, has been in any case postponed up to June, but insiders claim that that date also still too asked comes for Richards. The gitarist will have to months according to doctors necessary partly repair of the operations. The spokesman of the link deny moreover that Richards two operations have undergo and that he would keep permanent damage to the accident.

-------------------------------------------------------

Sounds like just another cut and paste report, if you ask me. Tabolids + official information + imagination = that piece above.
11th May 2006 09:25 AM
KeithRichards Basically old news. We know now that he only had one operation (and not too as stated in your article) and is already out of hospital --> see the news from today. Apart from that - Barcelona/Madrid are rumoured for June, yes - but we will know soon anyway when the dates will be
11th May 2006 09:26 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

Translation, please.

Ow? You don't speak Dutch?
11th May 2006 09:27 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Sounds like just another cut and paste report, if you ask me. Tabolids + official information + imagination = that piece above.

The thing is FontiniD, we don't know that for sure. In fact, we don't know anything about Keith's health.
11th May 2006 09:30 AM
SweetVirginia
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Babelfish translation:

is that its woman Patti cocks stays with their two children Marlon and Angela still in Auckland in New Zealand and Richards provisionally also not yet will leave the country.

Well, at least the part about Patti's cock and the fact that she's Marlon and Angela's mother sure is new information.

SV

[Edited by SweetVirginia]
11th May 2006 09:44 AM
blackandblue Better think twice before you publish such rubbish on this board. Radio 538 is not known as a reliable source. What's the use of publishing this nonsense? Please tell me. Better close this thread immediately.
[Edited by blackandblue]
11th May 2006 09:47 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
blackandblue wrote:
Better think twice before you publish such rubbish on this board. Radio 538 is not known as a reliable source. What's the use of publishing this nonsense? Please tell me. Better close this thread immediately.
[Edited by blackandblue]

I post what I want. You just can't stand some other point of view.
11th May 2006 09:56 AM
blackandblue
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

I post what I want. You just can't stand some other point of view.

I can't stand the continious flow of speculative bullshit. Please answer my question why you publish such diarrhoea or do you have nothing better to do?
11th May 2006 09:59 AM
Dick Bush He walks, he talks, he plays guitars...

He'll be fully back in a minute, you don't worry.
11th May 2006 10:06 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

The thing is FontiniD, we don't know that for sure. In fact, we don't know anything about Keith's health.

Nobody knows for sure how serious Keith's condition is / was, except Patti, the kids, the Stones, the doctors and the companies involved (insurance etc.). BUT, we do have indications that he's doing better already:

a) while at hospital he was reported to be on the phone talking, not only by "official" sources, but from others as well (e.g. Jerry)

b) guitars were brought in - critically ill people don't play guitar

c) he took a four-hour walk outside the hospital yesterday - again, if you're critically ill, you don't go walking round Auckland hospitals' gardens

d) he was released a few days after his operation - they'd keep him in longer if it was serious

e) he walked when exiting the hospital. No sign of paralysis or all that junk reported some days ago.

Anyway, time till be the final proof here, but I'm just saying right now, with the information given and the actual things we see with our own eyes, things may be going better.

So on the one hand there's the picture of Keith walking out the hospital and on the other hand there's endless TV stations, newspapers, online sources and radio stations doing a sloppy cut-and-paste job. Who do you believe?

[Edited by FotiniD]
11th May 2006 10:15 AM
blackandblue The man is released from hospital and he looks fine under the circumstances. Please stop speculating about his health. I don't see the point.
12th May 2006 01:24 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
blackandblue wrote:
The man is released from hospital and he looks fine under the circumstances. Please stop speculating about his health. I don't see the point.

Exactly!....its blackandwhite blackandblue...
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)