ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Can the Mets be stopped this year? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
9th May 2006 03:23 PM
gimmekeef If Bonds passes Aaron..and I hope he doesnt...I hope its on the road..and the crowd gets up and leaves silently...
9th May 2006 03:35 PM
glencar I agree. Now there's where a huge asterisk would need to be attached.
9th May 2006 03:55 PM
pdog
quote:
parmeda wrote:

But, please do me a favor by making a huge sign that reads "Dusty Sucks!".

He's more hated here... Trust me. His poor judgement in The Angels/Giants series will not be forgotten.
9th May 2006 04:02 PM
pdog
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
If Bonds passes Aaron..and I hope he doesnt...I hope its on the road..and the crowd gets up and leaves silently...

I would love to see Barry cross the plate, flip the bird and walk off the field and never play again.
Marris and Aaron were both treated like shit when they passed The Babe. America needs to accept the fact, that old dead white guys aren't heros, like cheney, for example. It's the time of the black man!
With all the doping, speed especially in baseball, if anyone thinks it's been easy for Bonds, then why isn't anyone as good as him?
Simple, he's the best, pure talent. Which is always hated... No drug exists to make a person swing fast or see a balls movement from a pitcher... Hitting home runs isn't about strength, anyone who thinks it is, needs to to a batting cage for an hour. It's about bat speed and vision, aka: hand eye cordination.
Bonds is kinda like Keith, unique and both have an incredible sense of timing, that others only wish they had!
So.. Move over you hot dog eating, beer puking, hooker with the clap chasing dead white guy. There's a new Sheriff in town, and he's a Niggah!

9th May 2006 04:04 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
pdog wrote:

America needs to accept the fact, that old dead white guys aren't heros, like cheney, for example. It's the time of the black man!

Hiding behind his race as an excuse for cheating is only one of that shithead Bonds' more despicable qualities....he should be immediately banned for life and and stricken from baseball record books

so it is written

so it shall be done

OK now

Cazart!
9th May 2006 04:05 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Manny Ramirez is a prick, but all true fans of baseball must love the Bo Sox! We welcome a very entertaining series!

it's just Manny bein' Manny, mang!!

9th May 2006 04:09 PM
pdog
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

Hiding behind his race as an excuse for cheating is only one of that shithead Bonds' more despicable qualities....3

Where do you get that? You talking about like when Hank got death threats b/c he was black... Like America has come that far in 30 years. You got your head so far up your liberal ass, you just went Neo-Lib.
Prove to me Bonds cheated!!! While you're at it, show me what drugs make someone hit homeruns... None exist! Being too muscular is a disadvantage for hitters. Or don't you know that. Do you actually like baseball or Play it?
9th May 2006 04:10 PM
pdog
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

it's just Manny bein' Manny, mang!!

It's okay when it's a memeber of a team you like. I see, two sided politics.
9th May 2006 09:17 PM
Nellcote Manny Being Manny Indeed.
Solo Homah in the 7th...
11-3 SOX!!!
9th May 2006 11:46 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Manny Being Manny Indeed.
Solo Homah in the 7th...
11-3 SOX!!!

White sox all over the Angels tonite baby!! 9-1

Cubs on their way to another loss!
10th May 2006 08:18 AM
Nellcote Round 1 goes to the Sox.
More from the Bronx tonight
Schilling vs. Mussina
BE THERE!
10th May 2006 08:27 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
pdog wrote:
Prove to me Bonds cheated!!!

By his own admission. His testimony about the 'clear' and 'the cream' in front of the Grand Jury. Don't you people in the Bay Area realize how despised this man is, how his cheating denigrates the game played by millions of boys (and ol' men like myself--but softball now, too old for hardball)?
10th May 2006 08:28 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
pdog wrote:

It's okay when it's a memeber of a team you like. I see, two sided politics.

like me at times, sarcasm flies over your head.....besides, NO ONE has EVER even accused Manny of taking anything other than chiba!!

12th May 2006 08:13 AM
Sir Stonesalot >Da Mets will take 2 outta three!<

Good call Nostradamus! NOT!

Phillies took 2 outta 3 from the Mets.

Now lemme hear ya cry about how the Mets woulda come back to win if the rain had stopped....

Chase Utley is the best 2nd baseman in the National League...and is only gonna get better.
12th May 2006 08:19 AM
Sir Stonesalot One of my all-time fave t-shirts that I own says "Muck the Fets".
12th May 2006 08:20 AM
Nellcote How about those Red Sox, taking 2 out of 3 from the Yanks in Da Bronx?
Bring it on baby...
12th May 2006 08:45 AM
Sir Stonesalot Nelly...don't tell anyone this ok? I'm gonna tell you a secret...but I don't want anyone else to know...so this stays just between you n me...

The Red Sox have always been my American League guys. I have family in Woburn, and they used to take me to Fenway when I was a kid. I got to see Yaz play. And I've always been happy to see Curt do well. He was the only bright spot for a lotta years in Philly...and he and his wife STILL do charity work in Philly. He is just a stand up guy, and a helluva pitcher when he's healthy. So while I'm not a card carrying member of "Red Sox Nation", I do like to see them do well. And it's just bonus if the spank the Yankees.

You see, I loathe the Yankees as much as I loathe the Braves...and the Mets.

Yuck the Fankees!
12th May 2006 08:48 AM
lotsajizz I would like to nuzzle you...
12th May 2006 08:57 AM
Steel Wheels I was right - the Phillies, MY Phillies won 2 of the three.
12th May 2006 09:04 AM
Nellcote SS's last post was the breaking point.
This post was filled with many superb points in Red Sox lore.
You have demonstrated great background information
regarding being witness to the last Triple Crown Winner
in MLB, as well as a reference to the individual who single handedly performed superhuman feats to hand the Yankees the single worst choke in all of sports history.
For these facts alone, I hereby bestow upon you the most prestigious of awards in New England,
the WICKED PISSAH POST OF THE WEEK.
Please have your staff contact my staff, arrangements shall be made to present you with this award, with the usual pomp & circumstance associated with such endowments.
[Edited by Nellcote]
12th May 2006 10:33 AM
Steel Wheels The Phillies will be atop of the division and stay there for considerable time this season.

12th May 2006 12:52 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
I was right - the Phillies, MY Phillies won 2 of the three.

With a little help from the game being called halfway thru by rain!
12th May 2006 01:02 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
The Phillies will be atop of the division and stay there for considerable time this season.

Yeah as long as your runs scored number(166) stays under runs allowed number (174) you're assured to be in first place. . . .LOL
Oh yeah let's not forget your 4 errors in one game. . . .championship material there!
12th May 2006 01:11 PM
Steel Wheels Yes, Monk, you are correct! A win is a win though.

Care to trade someone...anyone for David Bell, the King of the Error?

I did hate to see Wags go, but he's not worth 43 million. I would like a refund though on my Billy Wager shirt!
12th May 2006 01:51 PM
Sir Stonesalot Wags spends too much time on the DL to be worth 43 mil.

The Phillies downfall this year is starting pitching. Meyers is good but he's no #1 guy. Leiber is on his way down. Lidle goes deep in games, but is certainly no better than a #3...and is prone to getting bombed. Floyd is still an unknown quantity...and Madsen is better in the pen. They just called up Hammils to pitch tonight in Cincy. He has great numbers in AAA, but who fuckin' cares...AAA is a world away from the Bigs. Randy Wolfe is due back around the all-star break, but who knows how effective he'll ever be again.

If the Phillies are actually serious about winning, they need bonafide #1 and #2 starters. They also need to upgrade 3rd base. I have completely lost patience with David Bell. The guy is terrible. Next to no bat, and likes to make errors at really bad times. They also need to upgrade at catcher. I love Mike Lieberthal...he's as gutty as they come...but he's simply used up. His body is giving out on him, his bat is slowing down. He's still a good defensive player, but he's starting to spend more time on the DL than off it. Sal Fassano is a solid back up...but that's all he is...a back up. He can't be your every day guy.

Offensively, there are no easy outs from 1-6. There is speed at the top of the order. Rollins and Utley are the best in the NL at their respective positions...and are still getting better. Ryan Howard has the tools to be the best hitting 1st baseman in the game. The outfield is rock solid...and Bobby Abreau is probably the best all around right fielder in the game today. The bench is deep and dependable.

But the starting pitching just isn't good enough. You just can't expect to simply outscore everyone and be a playoff caliber team. If the Phillies don't make some moves to bolster that starting rotation...they'll be bridesmaids again. I'm sorry, but just being "competitive" isn't enough. I'm sick of watching second place teams. It's time to put up....at least it is if they want any more of my ticket $$$.
12th May 2006 02:11 PM
Steel Wheels I agree with everything you said. Are you a season ticket holder for the Phillies?

14th May 2006 03:24 PM
Sir Stonesalot If I lived about an hour closer to the ball park...I would buy season tickets. I get to 5 or 6 games a year.

But as it is...no, no season tix for me. I have lived and breathed Phillies baseball for over 35 years now. I go see the Reading Phillies whenever they play Harrisburg or Altoona. I have my own game jersey(#8 away). I have a Chuck Klein baseball card(1933 Leaf). I once waited in line for 3 hours just to shake Lenny Dykstra's hand. I was at Cooperstown the day Mike Schmidt and Richie Ashburn were inducted into the Hall of Fame. I'm the guy that calls in during rain delays and talks Penn State football with Chris Wheeler. I will punch Joe Carter in the mouth if I ever meet him.

Like you Wheels...I'm a fan. And everyone knows that Phillies fans know their team, and understand the game. Just pulling my weight.

14th May 2006 05:27 PM
the good The Phillies will stop the Mets (and that little whiny bitch Billy Wagner) dead in their tracks.
14th May 2006 05:34 PM
the good
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I was at Cooperstown the day Mike Schmidt and Richie Ashburn were inducted into the Hall of Fame.

Isn't that when Schmidt broke down and cried like a little girl? Stern had fun with that clip for years.
14th May 2006 07:38 PM
Sir Stonesalot Yeah, but it wasn't during his own induction speech...it was during his introduction of Richie Ashburn. I gotta admit, it choked me up too.

Man, I sure miss Richie's voice during Phillies broadcasts. He could be a little cantankerous at times...but he always told it like it was. And he hated umpires. I loved that guy. They just don't make 'em like that anymore....
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)