ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Thanks Monkey Woman!!!
© Unknown author

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Cat falls 14 stories - lives to meow about it Return to archive
May 5th, 2004 06:24 PM
MrPleasant Cat falls 14 stories - lives to meow about it
Canadian Press
May. 5, 2004 06:55 AM
HALIFAX - A cat named Jagger may have strayed too far when it jumped out the 14th floor window of an apartment building.

Musician Rocky Boudreau found his 8-month-old marmalade cat - named after Rolling Stone frontman Mick Jagger - wandering around the base of his building Tuesday after the cat tempted the hand of fate by hopping out an open window.

"He tumbled down 14 and lived to meow about it," Boudreau said after taking the cat to a veterinarian's office for a quick check-up.

"Jagger was always like a daredevil kind of cat. He was always into stuff and on top of stuff. You could never stop him."

Boudreau was in the process of moving from one apartment to another nearby building when Jagger made like Jumping Jack Flash.

"I was moving all my stuff and I could tell that the cat didn't like it that he had nothing to hide under."

It's difficult not have to have some sympathy for the (feline) devil, who was left alone all night during the move.

"I forgot my window was open," Boudreau said.

After walking into his old apartment and opening a can of cat food, Boudreau was surprised Jagger didn't come running. Then he noticed the open window.

"If he wasn't an indoor-outdoor cat before today, he is now."

Boudreau used a two-way radio to call his boss, who was just outside the building, asking if he could spot Jagger. Sure enough, they found the cat on the concrete below.

"When he saw me, he was just meowing. I just picked him up in my arms and we took him to the animal hospital."

A veterinary technician said Jagger looked perfectly fine after his fall.

"Nothing seems to be broken," said Boudreau.

At the vet's office, Jagger was strutting around, meowing and purring like his rockstar namesake.

"I'm going to keep him for a couple of extra days to nurse him back to health and then I'm just going to give him away."

Cats often survive leaps from tall apartment buildings because they have time to set up for a good landing. Vets have dubbed the phenomenon highrise syndrome.

Before the big jump, Boudreau had already found another owner for Jagger because his new roommate is allergic to cats.

"Hopefully the cat will recover well enough to go on to his new home," he said.

"The way I see it, the poor little guy is not in the clear yet."
May 5th, 2004 10:27 PM
Angiegirl That's a cute story. I'm also always cautious about any open windows and I only live 3 stories high. My cat Happy is always drawn to open windows and balconies hoping to fly after the birds he sees outside .
May 7th, 2004 09:53 AM
Main Offender Was he the farting cat?
May 7th, 2004 11:02 PM
Fiji Joe Allow me to be the first to say....dumb ass cat
May 8th, 2004 12:58 AM
Sir Stonesalot Man, that is one tough pussy.
May 8th, 2004 03:48 AM
F505 Stray Cat Blues