ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Thanks Monkey Woman!!!
© Unknown author

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick in today's header... Return to archive
May 5th, 2004 10:58 AM
J.J.Flash Guitar Hero?!? It could be true, but, take a look at his socks! Come on Mick! Gimme a break!
May 5th, 2004 11:00 AM
LadyJane Yeah the socks are pretty bad...but look at that cute face!!

****sigh****

LJ.
May 5th, 2004 11:00 AM
Phog Those socks are fucking awful. However, the tongue button-down shirt hanging in the background is pretty groovy.
May 5th, 2004 11:05 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Yeah the socks are pretty bad...but look at that cute face!!

****sigh****

LJ.

My dear, you are always paying attention at his facial expressions. You never get enough ladies!

Kisses for ya!
May 5th, 2004 11:10 AM
caro I have the same socks!!
May 5th, 2004 11:12 AM
Snappy McJack I thought that was Jerry Seinfeld in the header. The hair cut, the shirt tucked in, the black pants with white tennis shoes....
May 5th, 2004 12:45 PM
MononoM everybody was wearing those socks in 1989
May 5th, 2004 01:30 PM
Madafaka
quote:
caro wrote:
I have the same socks!!

Sell them in eBay!
May 5th, 2004 01:31 PM
Stones To quote Granpa Simpson "It was the style at the time"
May 5th, 2004 01:42 PM
Mikey Judging by the way Mick dresses, you'd never know he was a gazillionare. He wore sneakers to his knighthood ceremony!
May 5th, 2004 01:49 PM
caro
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
Sell them in eBay!

Never! Stones memorabilia must be passed on to the next generation. Besides, *I* know how to wear them. See, you need a t-shirt with huge purple stripes, a pair of big fat black suede shoes and (preferably old) grey jeans. Oh -- and you need to be a woman.
May 5th, 2004 02:00 PM
Angiegirl Mick adores weird socks. Just look at the red socks he wears in Being Mick, when the camera follows him when he walks towards his house...
May 5th, 2004 02:16 PM
Joey
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Mick adores weird socks. Just look at the red socks he wears in Being Mick, when the camera follows him when he walks towards his house...

May 5th, 2004 03:04 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Yeah the socks are pretty bad

Socks? Are you sure they're not leotards?
May 5th, 2004 03:40 PM
Monkey Woman With those spots, they might be leopards!

Ah, those weird '80s fashions... I remember slogans from the period: "Life is too short to dress sad" and "The socks don't need to hide anymore"! Looks like Mick got the point!

BTW, Caro, where did you find the socks?
May 5th, 2004 03:42 PM
Ten Thousand Motels But....the "tongue" shirt hanging by Mick's head. Now I wouldn't be ashamed to wear it. That's classy.
May 5th, 2004 03:49 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Mikey wrote:
Judging by the way Mick dresses, you'd never know he was a gazillionare. He wore sneakers to his knighthood ceremony!

Ah, but not any sneakers! Luxury designer sneaker, with signature. I bet we would swoon if we knew the price!
May 5th, 2004 04:12 PM
F505 Great socks: nothing wrong with them!
May 5th, 2004 04:18 PM
nankerphelge I think he has chiba face!
May 5th, 2004 07:56 PM
caro
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
BTW, Caro, where did you find the socks?

ROTFL!!
I bought them from an old sicilian shepherd, who is also Mick's supplier. He weaves him one pair every year in september, at the beginning of the sock season.
May 5th, 2004 08:51 PM
Lavendar advantages easier to match up!! Ah yes + he matched with his shirt so that is a plus! I see chiba 2 quite rite
May 5th, 2004 09:42 PM
Madafaka
quote:
caro wrote:
Never! Stones memorabilia must be passed on to the next generation. Besides, *I* know how to wear them. See, you need a t-shirt with huge purple stripes, a pair of big fat black suede shoes and (preferably old) grey jeans. Oh -- and you need to be a woman.

I'm in troubles... I'm not a woman. At this hour. LOL!
May 5th, 2004 10:30 PM
corgi37 And surely that is not his real hair color. I wonder when he started to dye it?
May 5th, 2004 11:29 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl

Thanks Montana...