ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Thanks Monkey Woman!!!
© Unknown author

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: who went to one of the 1972 US shows Return to archive
May 4th, 2004 11:58 AM
headshrinker from the bootlegs that i've got i think this was by far the best tour they ever did. did n e 1 here go to one of the shows? if so which one and what was it like?
May 5th, 2004 05:38 PM
stewed & Keefed Looks like nobody went
May 5th, 2004 06:14 PM
Nellcote GUILTY!!

I was fortunate enough to attend July 19, 1972, @ Bahston Garden. This was the night after the airport/photographer incident in Providence, thus the Stones actually played two shows that day, some 10 hours apart. It was energy to behold. From Stevie Wonder's set, to the tightness that was the '72 era Stones, just great. I was first row balcony, Mick T's side, about 1/2 way back in the arena. On the far side was Keith, whom was possessed, wearing the same outfit the entire tour, with that multicolored shag, next to Stone-face Wyman, whom barely moved all evening. Jagger was on fire, amazing, especially during Midnight Rambler, with that famous "Bahston" lyric, when the complete house went black, lights bathing him at the strategic moments. No production values as they have now, just the Stones handling it as they knew best. Was able to view the dragon mylar on the stage, the large mirror over the front of the stage which moved wildly during Street Fighting Man, which was the last song, where the energy of the entire evening had the balcony moving with people stomping, almost frightening. Some two years later, when Ladies & Gentlemen was released, I was fortunate to take this in @ the former Music Hall in Bahston, now Wang Center, from another balcony seat. Great hoopla surrounded the film, as it came to Bahston after it's NY premiere, if I'm not mistaken.
This Stones show, remarkably, was the first concert I ever attended. I'd been hooked before that on the band, however, from that point on, anyone who knows me will confirm that I am dealing with an issue which has no cure, nor do I desire a cure.
[Edited by Nellcote]
May 5th, 2004 10:26 PM
corgi37 Jealous. So jealous. I simply have to start work on my time machine.
May 6th, 2004 12:07 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Check this thread for more who went to church that sunday

http://novogate.com/board/968/Archives/07-15-2002/94695-1.html
May 6th, 2004 12:32 AM
Phog I wasn't yet a year old, but my parents saw the KC '72 show. You can bet you Stones-loving asses that I've saved the ticket stubs.
May 6th, 2004 09:25 AM
marko maybe i´m a weirdo,but i have never liked this tour much.
From taylor era i only like australia-73.
May 6th, 2004 09:28 AM
scope I had the great fortune to be at MSG for the July 25th 2nd show. Tickets were by lottery only and a friend of mine had mailed in about 200 postcards. He got tickets to 3 shows and sold a pair to me. I lost the ticket stubs, but I think I paid $6.50 for floor seats, 9th row center. I remember being pleasantly surprised that Stevie Wonder didn't suck.

The Stones of course were unbelieveable. I was fascinated by Mick and I watched his every move. I couldn't believe the energy that was coming from the stage. The entire audience spent the night on their feet, standing on the folding chairs to get a better look.

I wish I could remember more details, but I was going to school and working nights at the time and had been up for 24-30 hours when the show started, and had to be at work afterwards. I had a little help staying 'up' for the show so that may explain some of the missing details. I couldn't stop talking about this show for months! I knew then that I had experienced something very special and was witness to greatness. I was hooked on this band from that point forward.

And again, a thank you to my Voodoo friend for sharing the old Super 8 from this show to bring back the memories and help fill in some of the missing gaps
May 6th, 2004 05:26 PM
charlotte July 6th, 1972 Charlotte, North Carolina
May 7th, 2004 02:22 AM
littleredrooster All 4 shows at MSG July 24,25(2),26, 1972

And an 8mm film from the 2 shows on July 25 to keep the memories fresh!

Roostah