ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Thanks Monkey Woman!!!
© Unknown author

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ronnie header Return to archive
May 4th, 2004 02:42 AM
FotiniD Well, I know someone who has worse shirts than this one It kind of looks like a wall tapestry I used to have, come to think of it, lol.

Oh Woody, I love you
May 4th, 2004 09:57 AM
sammy davis jr. from the gay Ronnie period...
May 4th, 2004 10:29 AM
Mel Belli Who shot the '70s hotel curtains?

And what's with the belt?
May 4th, 2004 04:04 PM
scratched Shake that funky stuff, Ronnie!
May 4th, 2004 04:49 PM
gypsy I believe that header is Ronnie's Howe Military Graduation photo. Though I'm not positive...ask Joey...he'll know for sure.
May 4th, 2004 05:10 PM
Monkey Woman This guy is soooo elegant! You can see why he's in the Rolling Stones!
May 4th, 2004 05:29 PM
Riffhard That is the gayest picture of Ronnie that I have ever seen. I am a little frieghtened of it truth to tell. He looks alot like Angelica Houston.

Riffhard
May 4th, 2004 06:40 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
He looks alot like Angelica Houston.
Riffhard

LOLOLOL
May 4th, 2004 06:56 PM
Main Offender I give up. Ronnie's gone gay.
May 4th, 2004 07:02 PM
gypsy he's not gay...that pic is more than 25 years old...plus, that pic of him in the rainbow suspenders and short-shorts on the cover of rolling stone mag from '79 is even gayer than this header pic.
May 4th, 2004 07:18 PM
Riffhard gypsy,gypsy,gypsy,...did you have to bring up the Castro District suspenders and hot pants shot of Ronnie?!?!? Was that really nessesary?! The horror. The horror!

"I'm all man,Ronnie!"

Riffhard
May 4th, 2004 07:53 PM
gypsy sorry. but it's just so totally gay...and so funny.
May 4th, 2004 08:12 PM
corgi37 And no wonder punk came along!
May 4th, 2004 08:14 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
gypsy wrote:
he's not gay...that pic is more than 25 years old...plus, that pic of him in the rainbow suspenders and short-shorts on the cover of rolling stone mag from '79 is even gayer than this header pic.

Gypsy, the Rolling Stone cover with Ronnie on it is from 1977, and comes from the same photo sessions by Annie Leibovitz. Ronnie changed clothings and hair stlyes, hairdos, lipsticks, make ups, etc

Anyway that's probably gayer
May 4th, 2004 08:23 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Fuck, I don't understand why people find the fact that the Stones are bi-sexuals so odd. I mean Keith did have that "affair" with Elton John some years ago. Rumor has it that Elton was heart broken after Keith went back to his wife.
May 4th, 2004 08:29 PM
Bloozehound hey at least that dorky fan isn't groping the Woodman as he sashays to and fro

[Edited by Bloozehound]
May 4th, 2004 08:34 PM
mickmask
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Fuck, I don't understand why people find the fact that the Stones are bi-sexuals so odd. I mean Keith did have that "affair" with Elton John some years ago. Rumor has it that Elton was heart broken after Keith went back to his wife.

Ok, I'll admit, I didn't know this one. PLEASE ELABORATE?!!!!! ..... Or are you just pullin' my chain?
May 4th, 2004 08:46 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
mickmask wrote:
PLEASE ELABORATE?!!!!! ..... Or are you just pullin' my chain?

Yes. OK. Journalism 101. The BS Factor. LOL.
Never trust a "rumor has it".
An "unnamed source" is usually a plant or an outright lie.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
May 4th, 2004 10:54 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy OK, that's... terrifying.

Mick and Keith could get away with doing the whole "lets pretend we're gay" thing. Ronnie... less so.

-tSYX --- The king is gone but he's not forgotten...
May 4th, 2004 11:02 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
TheSavageYoungXyzzy wrote:
Mick and Keith could get away with doing the whole "lets pretend we're gay" thing.

Who say's they were pretending ?

May 4th, 2004 11:21 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
mickmask wrote:

Ok, I'll admit, I didn't know this one. PLEASE ELABORATE?!!!!! ..... Or are you just pullin' my chain?

given the way Keef chides Elton for not wnating to get off the stage after a Honky Tonk Women, and his general disdain for the Knighted queen, I would have to say that the 10K is yanking your chain...

_____

if these Liebowitz pics freak you out, how do you deal with watching that SNL from the 77 or 78 where Mick and Ronnie tongue eachother for their close-up. at least the pics can be dismissed as "artistic." there is no excuse for the SNL stunt...

someone needs to do a screen capture of that one for this thread...

_____

I have ever seen a full-fledged Hey Negrita dance (the videos I have are not the ones with the full on grind that Putland captures in his book (where ya at, Throbby? )

[in case you are curious (I am not touching (ack!) that one), Throbby has the Putland book I refer to, and he has done a marvelous job of posting some pics to this board)]

[Edited by mac_daddy]
May 5th, 2004 09:27 AM
mickmask McD-10k, Thanks. I stand educated... and a little green. I guess I'm a little complex, seeing as I kinda love the "knighted queen". Elton, Mick... a Bowie and a Prince and we'll have a goddamn Camelot!
May 5th, 2004 10:21 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl

... Thanks Montana
© 1977 Annie Leibovitz
May 5th, 2004 10:40 AM
throbby I do like the pants!

As for '78 SNL stunt, I don't believe Ron's tongue left his mouth. From my memory of the show Ron seemed quite startled by Mick's tongue and tried to pull his face away.
May 6th, 2004 08:38 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
throbby wrote:
I do like the pants!

As for '78 SNL stunt, I don't believe Ron's tongue left his mouth. From my memory of the show Ron seemed quite startled by Mick's tongue and tried to pull his face away.

I was startled, too