ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Thanks Monkey Woman!!!
© Unknown author

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I'm Drunk/Fuck You 2 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
May 1st, 2004 05:22 PM
Sir Stonesalot 3 things...

First, I'm an EMT, not a paramedic.

Second, I'm not bald, I shave my head...big difference.

Third, Fuck You.

"Welfare mothers make better lovers."---Neil Young & Crazy Horse
May 1st, 2004 05:40 PM
steel driving hammer For Christs sake have a cup of tea!

Kinks - Musswell Hillybilly Boy....................

But my heart lies in old West Virginia..................
May 1st, 2004 05:45 PM
Bloozehound here you go my serious friend

learn up on your favorite word

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/fwordflash.html
May 1st, 2004 06:24 PM
Sir Stonesalot Tea ain't gonna cut it tonite. Man, I don't even think beer is gonna do it.

Took a 4 year old kid into the hospital today...2nd & 3rd degree burns on 75% of his body. It was my job to get all the clothing off of him. The skin peeled away with the cloth. Every time I touched the kids clothes..he screamed and begged me to stop. But we had to get the clothing out of the wounds or he'd develope an infection. My hands are still shaking.

I've taken 4 showers since I got home...can't get the stench off of me.

Now you know why I'm an Aethiest.
May 1st, 2004 06:27 PM
Main Offender You Sir are doing a job that many of us shun from. You are courageous. Maybe you will find some peace of mind in that. Take care of yourself.
May 1st, 2004 06:30 PM
egon ss, tomorrow i will drink to you.
(now i'm going to bed)

take care buddy!
May 1st, 2004 06:31 PM
LadyJane SS....I thank God for compassionate and brave EMT's like yourself!

It's NOT an easy job and I admire you!

Take care!

LJ.
May 1st, 2004 06:40 PM
Ben Gurion best wishes to that child.

You do a good thing in life.

as for welfare mothers - we both know one that has a dead kid because she was paid to breed and had no business doing so. poor kids.
[Edited by Ben Gurion]
May 1st, 2004 06:43 PM
Sir Stonesalot Well...thanks for that sentiment. But here is the "stupid me" part....I'm a volunteer. My paid job is as a dispatcher. But as a dispather, I gotta be a state certified EMT. To keep my certificate, I gotta have a certain amount of continuing education classes, and a certain amount of field time. So to keep my real job, I gotta pretend to be an EMT for 24hrs a quarter. Don't get me wrong, I'm proud of what I do...but trust me...I'm NOT courageous. If it wasn't mandated that I do it...I certainly wouldn't.

Usually, I can just ride along on a few routine transports. Take a sick guy to hershey for some tests. Unfortunately for me today, I had to go on a serious call because the other 2 paid crews were already out on wrecks.

So I got stuck with this horror show. They tell me the kid will survive. But the whole time I'm working on him all I could see was my own boy's face.

I'm glad I got some good leftover pills from my back spasms episode earlier this week!
May 1st, 2004 06:59 PM
luxury1 what is the difference between adn EMT and a paramedic? I am clueless. I also know I could never do either job......
May 1st, 2004 07:07 PM
Main Offender I still say YOU are filled with courage. Today at least. I take my hat off to you and I pray for that child and all others who suffer. Try to get some rest.
May 1st, 2004 07:55 PM
gypsy That's why I luv you, SS. I always stick up for you.
May 1st, 2004 08:02 PM
Sir Stonesalot Thanks for the kind words all. That's very nice of you.

Luxy...I can only tell you the difference here in PA. There is no national standard for EMTs and Paramedics. Each state's Dept. of Health sets the guidelines. I know that sounds odd, but that's the way it is.

In PA, an EMT can only do one invasive procedure...and that is to administer a prescribed Epi-pen. The only meds we can give are nitro, inhalers, activated charcol, and O2. We can only use the AED to administer shocks.

Paramedics can start IVs, push meds, intibate, draw blood, use shock paddles, stuff like that. If you ever gotta get an IV line started, try to get a Medic to do it. If they can get a vein in the back of a moving ambulance, or while contorted in a scrunched car...they sure as hell can get you on the first try in the ER!

Medics that know what they are doing are the bomb. Medics that don't know what they are doing are dangerous.
May 1st, 2004 08:04 PM
gypsy I bet Keef could get an IV started in the back of a moving ambulance.
May 1st, 2004 08:52 PM
polksalad69
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Tea ain't gonna cut it tonite. Man, I don't even think beer is gonna do it.

Now you know why I'm an Aethiest.

CS Lewis had a lot to say about that. Had friends that wanted to be EMTs but weren't smart enough. They used gallows humor to deal w/the shit they saw as vol firefighters.

Add some bourbon to dat tea.
May 1st, 2004 10:22 PM
throbby SS, I could never walk in your shoes. I take my hat off to those of you who do.
May 1st, 2004 11:36 PM
BILL PERKS I DO AMBULANCE BILLING/COLLECTIONS AND I CAN SYMPATHIZE SS..I KNOW THE HORROR OUT THERE.
May 2nd, 2004 06:49 AM
egon a big F U to..... ME!
only 1 pint in the pub last night. what's up with that?

"i'm losing my touch"
May 2nd, 2004 10:26 AM
exilestones@netscape "NOT courageous" allof those charded mangled bodies from car accidents. How about severed limbs from farm accidents. You must be modest. Man, I couldn't do that stuff. I couldn't even shave my head. I thought of shaving my haed and all of the things I could do with it in bed! WOOO-WHO!
May 2nd, 2004 12:28 PM
mickmask I think I understand you now... somewhat. Life's not pretty is it? To still find beauty and humour in it with that occupation takes some guts..... KUDOS.
May 2nd, 2004 01:28 PM
gypsy SS is not the only hero here. I happen to be an x-ray tech who specializes in trauma ER. It's not pretty...it's not fun...it makes you think about your friends and family a lot.
So, when I can, I escape to this board for some laughs and to engage in frivolous behavior. It's the best!
May 2nd, 2004 03:17 PM
Ben Gurion
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
...and that is to administer a prescribed Epi-pen.

I had a script for that - never picked it up - I know - stupid...it's that big a deal to administer one?

gypsy - can't imagine dealing with that day in and out. Most would not be able to take a day of it - but it would be a good thing - the real deal. Mortality 101. Many of the weirdoes here have less a grasp of reality than do the soap opera fan board folks. Telling, to say the least....
May 2nd, 2004 04:53 PM
Sir Stonesalot No...administering an Epi-Pen is extremely easy. BUT! I can only administer one if it is prescribed. As an EMT, my kit does not contain an Epi-Pen...so if the patient does not have one, I can't give it to them. Medics carry Epinephren, they can push the med if it's needed...even without a prescription.

At the ambulance service that I run with, a medic goes out on every call. So the chances of me ever having to stick an Epi-pen in someone's thigh is very remote.

Then again, I never figured on having to cut clothes off of a badly burned 4 year old boy either.

I guess I don't really feel courageous or heroic or anything because I deal with this stuff all the time. Whomever it was that mentioned the black humor hit it right on the noggin. I hope no family members ever hear some of the comments made during critical stress debriefs(just got home from mine). But laughter is a great stress reliever. For some of us, it's the only way we can wrap our tiny little minds around such horrible things. If we can joke about it, maybe we can go to sleep without nightmares. You know?

Just for the record, the boy will live, but he will have permenant scarring. Too bad, he was probably gonna be a cute kid.

But today was a new day. New stuff to deal with. Life moves on.

Again, thanks for all the kind words. It made me uncomfortable, but I understand the sentiments behind them. It was very nice of you.

Oh, one more thing. Gypsy is right. There are lots of people behind the scenes that do really great things. My hat is off to all of them.
May 2nd, 2004 05:50 PM
Cardinal Fang Marc !

What you did for that boy took courage and you pulled on through. You were certainly cooler than many others would be in the situation. You did a great thing under pressure.

I think some green would help you out right about now ? Xanox & Vike combo too.

Later, Jimmy
May 2nd, 2004 06:14 PM
Sir Stonesalot Funny you should say that...Vike and Vodka did me right.

I'm waiting for the man....
May 3rd, 2004 01:31 AM
parmeda SS...you could be an ambulance-chasin'-dreadlock-sportin'-piece-of-shit for all I care.
I still luv ya!

Your profession, gypsy's & I'm sure there are others that IMO, automatically grants you the right to a cloud up above.
May 3rd, 2004 06:30 AM
bez85 Gypsy, I too am a E.R. radiographer in Gainesville Fla. My hat's off to all in the medical field, it ain't easy and it ain't pretty at times...
May 3rd, 2004 09:48 AM
jb I think that anyone with any sense of humanity appreciates
the skill, courage, and compassion required in your endeavors as a "EMT", particularly when young children are involved.
Nonetheless, while I generally do not respond to your attacks (there have been so many over the years)there was a sense of nastiness to your latest tirade aginst my use of emoticons and song lyrics that actullay pissed me off....that happens to me occassionally in my practice when some stiff-assed, Brooks Brothers suit wearing corporate attorney tries to talk down to me b/c he thinks I'm some small solo practitioner piece of shit-needless to say, those are my favorite opponents....
[Edited by jb]
May 3rd, 2004 11:57 AM
telecaster Speaking of ambulance service, "Mother Jugs & Speed" was on this weekend. Probably the funniest movie about that type of stuff

Larry Hagman
Bill Cosby
Dick Butkus
Racquel Welch
Harvey Keitel

Funny stuff

Ask joey

"Nightshift" was good too. Oh wait, that was about a morgue.

Never mind
May 3rd, 2004 12:24 PM
Ben Gurion Harvey Keitel was great in Holy Smoke!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5