ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Thanks Monkey Woman!!!
© Unknown author

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: hit me for 2000... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
April 15th, 2004 08:10 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
What do you plan to do with your 2,000 posts?

build a fence!!

no, when i reach the magical milestone i will use it as an excuse to post the link to the ONE post i have made that is actually worth a damn
April 15th, 2004 08:15 PM
parmeda For whatever it's worth...all of your posts are "worth a damn", SIA

However, I for one can not wait to see which of those has been your favorite
April 15th, 2004 08:15 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
egon wrote:

stoned, do you have sleeping problems?

yes - i do too much of it on my own (ha ha)

but no, no problems sleeping however getting up isn't always easy

April 15th, 2004 08:23 PM
stonedinaustralia thanx parmeda - you are too kind
April 17th, 2004 02:17 PM
Madafaka Tell me, do you like soccer?
April 18th, 2004 05:43 AM
egon and what about football?
April 18th, 2004 07:34 AM
fmk438j
Is the water really as bad as we hear it is down there?
April 18th, 2004 01:01 PM
Monkey Woman Go on SIA! You can do it! Only a pesky 105!
So... A few more questions:

How many boots on your collection?

How many Stones shows did you attend last tour?

How much do you think the next tour tickets will be?

I'm running out of questions. Wait! I know!!!

Mick T or Ron W?
April 18th, 2004 03:06 PM
Jumacfly SIA would you let your daughter marry a Rolling Stone??
April 18th, 2004 11:52 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
Tell me, do you like soccer?

it's ok - but it's not my favourite footballl code

egon - to answer your query - i'm well into australian rules football - a great game - 'tho the authorities are starting to take a lot of the "physicality" out of it - if you ever get the chance check out a good quality game - nothing like it in all of sport - i also enjoy american football and rugby union

cheers
April 18th, 2004 11:55 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
fmk438j wrote:

Is the water really as bad as we hear it is down there?

it's not as bad as it used to be!!

you've heard the story that there are two ports in the world where ships wouldn't take on drinking water one was somewhere in the middle east - the other, adelaide

as we are at the tail end of the murray river the water from there isn't great - just about everybody drinks bottled/spring water
April 18th, 2004 11:57 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
Go on SIA! You can do it! Only a pesky 105!
So... A few more questions:

cheers monkey woman!!

How many boots on your collection?

haven't counted and the number isn't huge - i'd say 20or so

How many Stones shows did you attend last tour?

two - enmore and the telstra arena

How much do you think the next tour tickets will be?

dpends on the seatin - but in australian dollars i'd guess primo arena seats would be at least $350.00

I'm running out of questions. Wait! I know!!!

Mick T or Ron W?

oh no monkey woman i refuse to be drawn into that one!!

April 18th, 2004 11:58 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
SIA would you let your daughter marry a Rolling Stone??

all hypothetical as i have no daughter but, why the hell not...
April 19th, 2004 06:05 AM
egon would you be pissed of if i reach 2.000 posts before you?
April 19th, 2004 07:12 AM
Monkey Woman Would you rather be hit by:

a) Charlie Watts
b) Keith Richards
c) Mick Jagger
d) your girlfriend

April 19th, 2004 09:50 AM
caro Would your weed leaf turn the other way round if you lived north of the equator?
April 19th, 2004 10:43 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
caro wrote:
Would your weed leaf turn the other way round if you lived north of the equator?

ROTFL! Great one, Caro!!!

April 19th, 2004 08:36 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
egon wrote:
would you be pissed of if i reach 2.000 posts before you?

no...if that proves to be then, clearly, that is the way god planned it and that's the way god wants it to be

cheers egon you're being a great help
April 19th, 2004 11:10 PM
Martha I just got on this thread very funny everyone!

Ok, SIA, have you received the Lucinda Williams boot I sent you courtesy of TMR?

If so, have you listened to it yet?

And, what do you think of her music?

Oh, how do you rate the quality of the TMR recording?

And, finally do you drink decaf or regular?

April 19th, 2004 11:44 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Martha wrote:
I just got on this thread very funny everyone!

Ok, SIA, have you received the Lucinda Williams boot I sent you courtesy of TMR?

If so, have you listened to it yet?

And, what do you think of her music?

Oh, how do you rate the quality of the TMR recording?

And, finally do you drink decaf or regular?

hey Martha - yes I received the CD thanks - actually i mentioned that on SS's "blues weed" thread but you may have missed it - i also noted that Lucinda Williams has had to cancell her tour down here (and some stateside gigs too i understand) - due to the death of her father (or was it mother?) - thanks to too TMR

yes i've listened to it and i enjoyed it very much - the quality of the recording is at least "good" if not "excellent" - as far as her music i definitely like the sound and music - some of the lyrics are a bit "confessional" for my taste but the melodies are good as is the sound of her voice

i'm pretty much a tea drinker but when i do get a coffee i go for regular

thanks again

caro - monkey woman re the spinning leaf - well, yes in the northern hemisphere i would expect it to spin the other way or simply be up-side down (or even both!!)lol

April 20th, 2004 12:32 AM
Mr Jimmy Hello from Canada and I'm wondering:

As an Australian, do you ever feel any affinity with Canadians because of our shared historical (dis)connection with Britain or do you view Canada in the somewhat more American view of: Canada? Who cares?

April 20th, 2004 01:28 AM
sirmoonie SIA!

As an Australian, were your politics ever influenced by Piggy Muldoon?
April 20th, 2004 01:29 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Mr Jimmy wrote:
Hello from Canada and I'm wondering:

As an Australian, do you ever feel any affinity with Canadians because of our shared historical (dis)connection with Britain or do you view Canada in the somewhat more American view of: Canada? Who cares?

hey Mr.Jimmy - personally i guess i probably lean towards the latter view - mostly because you don't field a Test Cricket team and you (Canada) compete in the World Series baseball -

but we are fellow members of the Commonwealth so there is of course some affinity there no doubt -

at least Canada had the gumption to become a Republic which is something we are still a long way from doing - the Queen of England is still the Queen of Australia for many reasons - mostly apathy - our "system" actually works quite well even if it somewhat anachronistic

being a big fan of "South Park" i think that the Canadian sense of humour is more akin to that of Australians and the British (NB all my US friends please excuse broad generalisations)

also since WWII Australia has become increasingly "American" (ie USA) in it's general culture - this is not meant to be a negative view of the US however it is simply an unavoidable consequence of history - all nations of the world are to some degree influenced by the USA (even if they attempt to resist it)

going off track a bit but in relation to other threads here recently re the influence of the US across the world - obviously the US's is the dominant (only)empire today - Rome once ruled the world as they controlled the roads - then Britain had the largest empire as they controled the seas - the US is now dominant as it had control of and supremacy in the air (and space)as well as control of most of the world's money (thank General Electric) - like all empires the US's will decline and fall one day...who will succeed?? - well i think it will be the controllers of cyber-space - governments as we know them will be the puppets of the media and finance worlds ( you can see the signs already)not to mention the ubiquitous manufacturers of armaments

anyway, i'm getting off topic a bit

as to who cares - well if i was a canadian in australia i'd be pretty pissed if everyone assumed that i was from the US, which does happen here - same as if anyone suggested i was from New Zealand (God Forbid!!)

again this is not meant to be an anti-US rant but the dominance of the US culture across the world at large has an homogenizing effect that is not necessarily always a good thing

and let's not forget the chinese - they just seem to sit there - billions of them - god help us all if they decided that it was their turn to dictate terms on a world wide basis - they got the numbers, they may even have the guns but it seems,for now, they lack the motivation

anyway this is going all over the place now - an interesting question 'tho - thanks

btw/ what do you think??
April 20th, 2004 05:02 AM
Jumacfly SIA 98 posts left and you got it!!!
April 20th, 2004 07:04 AM
egon
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

no...if that proves to be then, clearly, that is the way god planned it and that's the way god wants it to be

cheers egon you're being a great help

would you feel for me if you got there before me?
April 20th, 2004 10:22 AM
Mr Jimmy
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

...being a big fan of "South Park" i think that the Canadian sense of humour is more akin to that of Australians and the British (NB all my US friends please excuse broad generalisations)...

...anyway this is going all over the place now - an interesting question 'tho - thanks

btw/ what do you think??

Hello again and thanks for your insightful reply. With a nod to the difficulty of generalisations, and a desire to keep it light, yes I do feel a slight connection (despite our lack of cricket) with the many Australians that I've had the pleasure of meeting, both here and abroad, and I loosely attribute it to being spin-offs from Britain. And because you mentioned it, I think it comes down to a similarity in attitude which is often illustrated through humour, as opposed to humor, further proof that spelling really does count.

I've yet to travel to your country but I have travelled extensively through the USA and Britain, and I've been fortunate enough to develop friendships along the way. When travelling through Britain and the USA, I seem to experience a strange paradox: On the surface, one could easily argue that I have more in common with Americans yet I feel a closer connection with Brits when I'm actually talking with them. For me, I find that my British friends readily accept, and even enjoy, when I disagree with them where as my American friends have a much better time when we see eye to eye on any particular matter. Nothing wrong with that. Friends is Friends. Sometimes I just sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits.
April 20th, 2004 12:34 PM
Hannalee
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

as to who cares - well if i was a canadian in australia i'd be pretty pissed if everyone assumed that i was from the US, which does happen here - same as if anyone suggested i was from New Zealand (God Forbid!!)

I know just what you mean - like when I was in the States and kept being accused of being Australian

On to the next question :

Since when has Canada been a republic?
April 20th, 2004 12:35 PM
jb The Hebrew Hammer -
http://www.thehebrewhammer.com/
April 20th, 2004 07:42 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Hannalee wrote:

Since when has Canada been a republic?

our canadian friends will know better - but wasn't it sometime in the '70s - i really don't know??
April 20th, 2004 07:53 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
SIA!

As an Australian, were your politics ever influenced by Piggy Muldoon?

oh sirmooonie, piggy was a class act - a law unto himself -while i was never fond of many of his policy positions and his attitude towards his office - prime minister as "benevolent" dictator - i did admire his style in one respect - much like our former PM Gough Whitlam - i liked his no holds barred - full speed ahead and damn the torpedos - crash or crash through approach - whatever you may have thought about him or his politics he was never dull...controversy was always just a press conference away

Page: 1 2 3 4 5