ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Thanks Monkey Woman!!!
© Unknown author

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: hit me for 2000... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
April 13th, 2004 04:02 PM
Nasty Habits And since when do you have 600 more posts than me?
April 13th, 2004 04:06 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Whats the air speed velocity of a swallow?

Laden or unladen swallow?
April 13th, 2004 04:39 PM
Jumacfly and who's that Mick Jagger you people are always talking about??
April 13th, 2004 05:49 PM
Nasty Habits Could Keith Richards write "Brownsville Girl"?
April 13th, 2004 07:13 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
so what is in that guys's mouth (the guy in your avatar, from the Exile cover)..?

They look like pool/billiards balls to me...

you know mac_d that's always been a mystery to me too..i've always thought of them as being rocks of roughly spherical shape but maybe they are wooden balls

i've also wondered many times what the hell he's doing with them in his mouth anyway

is it some form of punishment? a rite of passage? a propitiatory (sp?) act or simply a bizarre party trick or some kind of "schtick" - you know some kind of "freak show" exhibit or something
April 13th, 2004 07:16 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
caro wrote:

I just spent 96 seconds drawing this fish.
Why does he look sad?
Further, does the thing in the right corner represent a can of campbell soup or a can of mecca-cola?

he's sad because he's blue (or his he blue because he's sad?)

campbell soup i think but ultimately i would say it can be anything you want it to be
April 13th, 2004 07:18 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

well, tell me where you ve caught this great chiba avatar??

i just did a google for "marijuana gifs" and i got this site that also included joey's "walking leaf"

April 13th, 2004 07:20 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Why is there air????

well, why not??
April 13th, 2004 07:23 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
anyway, help old SIA get his post count up...fire away...

What did the president know and when did he know it?
April 13th, 2004 07:30 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
What is the best Daddy Cool album?

"sex and dope and rock and roll: teenage heaven"

What is the best Daddy Cool song?

hard to pick one but four choice cuts:

1. Eagle Rock
2. Baby let Me Bang Your Box
3.Daddy Who? Daddy Cool
4.Teenage Blues

Are those guys kidding or what?

hard to tell - certainly they were all about having fun/being outrageous but there is a definite love and respect of the music there -

what do you think?? - as always i'd be more than interested in your thoughts/opinions

April 13th, 2004 07:32 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
Could Keith Richards write "Brownsville Girl"?

No, i don't think so
April 13th, 2004 07:33 PM
mac_daddy i think the freak show thing is right...

I believe R Frank's idea was to juxtapose/blend the band members with the sideshow freaks found in the US... you know, playing off the whole "exile" concept...
April 13th, 2004 07:37 PM
stonedinaustralia yeah mac_d - as you no doubt probably know the front cover of exile is in fact a photo of a tattoo parlour wall - which wall is covered in the pics. you see - they all have a vaudeville/ freakshow/ showbiz kind of feel to them
April 13th, 2004 07:39 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

What did the president know and when did he know it?

hey sirm - where have you been??

your question requires a bit of thought but i promise i'll get back to it soon

cheers for now!!
April 13th, 2004 07:40 PM
stonedinaustralia fuck this is good - i'm racking up posts like nobodies business!!
April 13th, 2004 08:55 PM
Snappy McJack Pepsi or Cocaine?

Grunge or Glam-Rock?

VHS or DVD?

Funnier word: Penis or Crack?

Beavis or Butthead?

Slow down at a yellow light or floor it!?!??!?!
April 14th, 2004 07:48 AM
egon here's one;

why does your post counter keep saying 1882, no matter how many questions you reply to?
April 14th, 2004 03:30 PM
Nasty Habits Well, SIA, I mainly ask because I have only heard Teenage Heaven album, not the Daddy Who Daddy Cool album. It always strikes me as weird when they go into their Mothers of Invention stuff, though. I mean, if they're tryin' to be the Australian Flamin' Groovies they do a pretty damn good job of it, sonically and graphically (nice jacket on Teenage Heaven even if it ain't no Teenage Head) and all of a sudden we're in the land of Flo and Eddie or something. I find this fascinating sometimes and othertimes I am like what is this damn stuff about "Teen Love So Fine" and that sub Doctor Teethian "Please America Give Me lots of money" business? And I stop listening. Weird, interesting record, though. Can't quite draw a bead on it.

Whatever else I have to say, though, "Teenage Blues" rips.

Although it does leave me to wonder whether Stonesian agenda and Mothers of Invention agenda are mutually exclusive, so I guess I will ask you if they are.

Are they?

The Boys or the Hollywood Brats?

April 14th, 2004 03:37 PM
glencar Who are you supporting in your election this year?
April 14th, 2004 05:22 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Who are you supporting in your election this year?

Hillary " Puss Puss " Clinton
April 14th, 2004 05:30 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Joey wrote:

Hillary " Puss Puss " Clinton

What? Are you pushing for a Kerry/H. Clinton ticket? I can't beleive that some people still want her in power. Why do you like her Joey? Oh well each their own I suppose.
April 14th, 2004 07:35 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
egon wrote:
here's one;

why does your post counter keep saying 1882, no matter how many questions you reply to?

well voodoo would know better than me - personally i think it's an outrage!!

i'm gettin ripped off here
April 14th, 2004 07:43 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:

Although it does leave me to wonder whether Stonesian agenda and Mothers of Invention agenda are mutually exclusive, so I guess I will ask you if they are.

Are they?

as usual nasty your perceptions indeed your knowledge of the band's music is deeper and more comprehensive than my own for me i've just always liked that strain of the '50's that permeated their best tunes

to attempt to answer your question i would say they are generally exclusive of each other - tho there is a certain point where outrage for outrage's sake is common to both (cf. zappa having marines trash a doll as some kind of comment on vietnam with jaggers "goose stepping" at that mid '60's german show or the promo video they did in drag with bill in the wheelchair)

interesting you should spot that "mothers" vibe- before they were "daddy cool" the core of the band went under the name of "sons of the vegetel mother"

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
April 14th, 2004 09:06 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
glencar wrote:
Who are you supporting in your election this year?

glencar, i note with interest that you are aware of the fact that an election is coming up - disproves the often cited lack of awareness by US citizens of anything that goes on outside the borders of the USA

the short answer to your question is "no-one"

the long answer is,well,...long and if i had the time i'd go into it 'tho a discourse on the nature of australian politics would most likely bore every-one stupid (even the australian posters here)or simply go un-read

having said that there is no doubt it will be one of the most interesting elections here for quite sometime
April 15th, 2004 09:24 AM
Monkey Woman What do you plan to do with your 2,000 posts?
April 15th, 2004 09:27 AM
egon
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

well voodoo would know better than me - personally i think it's an outrage!!

i'm gettin ripped off here

and why does it say 1888 today? (in the whole thread!?)
April 15th, 2004 09:55 AM
Monkey Woman I guess the counter at the bottom of each post doesn't show what level you were when you sent that post. It just shows the level you are at when the page is updated.
April 15th, 2004 09:59 AM
Nasty Habits Perhaps I can venture to shed light on the mystery of SS's number of posts as is displayed in the profile. The profile i s created by the message board host Novogate and is maintained by an automatic counter, so whenever the system updates itself all of SS's posts ever that are not in the archives will display his current post number, just like a person's avatar in every thread changes when the user changes his or her avatar.

Whatever the current total showing on any and all threads is the number that SIA currently has.

Nicky or Stu?
Darryl or Bill?
Mary Clayton or Clydie King?
Coming Down Again or All About You?
Loving Cup or Gimme Little Drink?
Need A Yellow Cab or Let's Go Steady?
Claudine Fast or Claudine Slow?
Going to Memphis or You Should Have Seen Her Ass?
High & Dry or It's Not Easy?
Carol or Little Queenie (Ya Ya's is your source)?

April 15th, 2004 10:21 AM
egon thanks, i can sleep now.

and to stick to the topic;

stoned, do you have sleeping problems?
April 15th, 2004 10:30 AM
egon hey, fucking hell; i'm getting close to 2000 as well.
that makes me either very cool or a complete wanker...
Page: 1 2 3 4 5