ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Thanks Monkey Woman!!!
© Unknown author

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: How 'bout another drinking thread? ==> Part 5 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
March 12th, 2004 01:10 PM
nankerphelge Alcoholic??

You have the wrong idea about me.

Although I do have to get ahold of TomL about some beers this evening!
March 12th, 2004 01:21 PM
jb
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Alcoholic??

You have the wrong idea about me.

Although I do have to get ahold of TomL about some beers this evening!

The Bar
March 12th, 2004 01:26 PM
nankerphelge I consider an alcoholic one who cannot control the urge to drink and lets it destroy the rest of their life.

I can control the urge just fine -- I routinely give up drinking -- sometimes for minutes at a time!!

And drinking has not destroyed my life at all -- the kids love to paint my nails when I pass out!!
March 12th, 2004 02:54 PM
Joey " And drinking has not destroyed my life at all -- the kids love to paint my nails when I pass out!! "

Pure Genius !

www.KeithMoon.com

March 12th, 2004 05:45 PM
gypsy Hey, LJ! The weather has been great all week. But it's getting cold today...and it's going to rain. Go figure. I knew it would happen as soon as I got off the weekend shift.
How have you been? I'll email ya tonight if it's slow...it's slow now...it was slow last night.
I'm reading "Groovy Bob"--the book about Robert Fraser...it is comprised of interviews with Anita, Keith, Mick, Marianne, etc...
March 12th, 2004 05:52 PM
Joey " I'm reading "Groovy Bob"--the book about Robert Fraser...it is comprised of interviews with Anita, Keith, Mick, Marianne, etc... "

?
March 12th, 2004 07:48 PM
gypsy Well, I guess not much has changed...Joey's still an idiot.
But I still luv him.
March 12th, 2004 09:50 PM
LadyJane
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Well, I guess not much has changed...Joey's still an idiot.
But I still luv him.

LMAO...THAT is why I have missed you.

Check your e-mail.

LJ.

BTW...Vodka and Club Soda!!!
[Edited by LadyJane]
March 12th, 2004 10:05 PM
LadyJane The Patron Saint of the Drinking Thread!!!!

Look what I found on Doug's Board posted by jaggergrrl. Kudos!! Hope you guys don't mind sharing with us!!

LJ.
March 13th, 2004 07:42 AM
nankerphelge That's beautiful!
March 13th, 2004 02:02 PM
egon
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
That's beautiful!

me going out tonight, now THAT is beautiful,
(in an arty sort of way).
March 15th, 2004 01:33 PM
Joey " Well, I guess not much has changed...Joey's still an idiot.
But I still luv him. "

**************** BLANK FRIGGIN STARE **********************

March 16th, 2004 09:22 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Cheers! Salud! Skäl!

March 16th, 2004 10:57 AM
nankerphelge LONDON, England (Reuters) -- People celebrating St. Patrick's Day Wednesday can cross one topic of conversation off their lists.

Guinness bubbles really do sink.

Scientists said Monday they had finally proved that the dark stout's creamy bubbles defy expectations and flow down instead of upwards.

"Our group carried out preliminary experiments at a local pub a few years ago, but the results proved inconclusive," said Dr. Andrew Alexander, from the University of Edinburgh's School of Chemistry.

They first thought the dark liquid flowing down as a pint was poured gave the illusion the bubbles were going down as well.

Now close examination has revealed that, as a pint settles, bubbles touching the walls of the glass experience drag, similar to that a person feels sliding their finger along glass, and that prevents them floating up.

The bubbles in the middle however, are free to rise, creating a circular flow within the glass that causes bubbles at the edge to be pushed downwards on the inside surface of the glass.

The Edinburgh team, working with researchers at Stanford University in California have produced high-speed video footage of the sinking bubbles -- to put at rest the minds of any drinkers who might have felt they were seeing things.

March 16th, 2004 11:51 AM
Ben Gurion Why does Steelie not post on this thread?
March 16th, 2004 01:32 PM
Joey " Why does Steelie not post on this thread? "

My Baby has made the Transition .

www.HackWriters.com
March 19th, 2004 02:24 PM
egon the thread's about to go to the 2nd page, so i'm giving it a boost.

Anyone drinking tonight?
Not me that's for sure, I'm still ill. (fuckfuckerthefuckfuck)

Well, if you are drinking, have one to my health.
I really do need it!

Excuse my now, I have to puke.
March 19th, 2004 02:26 PM
nankerphelge Egon you crazy ass mother!!

I'm drinking tonite!!
BIG TIME!!!

Already started at lunch -- what a surprise!!!

Heading back momentarily for happy hour -- after that -- anyone's guess!!
March 19th, 2004 02:27 PM
egon nanky,

that sounds so sweet...
March 19th, 2004 02:30 PM
glencar Egon, I wasn't planning on boozing it up tonight but in your honor, I'll have a six-pack or two!
March 19th, 2004 02:31 PM
LadyJane I've got a bottle of Dr Smirnoff's magic serum waiting for me!!

Egon..I will drink to your health!!

Feel better!

LJ.
March 19th, 2004 02:39 PM
Factory Girl Nanky, have you seen a t-shirt that reads:
"I wish you were a beer"?

Well, I have...lol
March 19th, 2004 02:40 PM
nankerphelge Nope, haven't seen that one!
March 20th, 2004 09:35 AM
LadyJane Egon..I hope you are feeling better.

My head hurts...guess Dr Smirnoff's magic serum didn't do the trick.

I need to go away to a Spa for a few days.

LJ.
March 20th, 2004 01:04 PM
egon Good evening kids.
Thanks for your wishes. I'm getting better, though I'll still have to stay away from the booze tonight.
Oh well, there's always next week...

Hope you all have a better weekend then me. Enjoy!
March 22nd, 2004 10:54 AM
nankerphelge Well it is chilly and breezy under a sunny blue sky today in the DC metro area. But the cherry trees are starting to bud and blossoms are expected in the next 2 weeks.

With all the springyness, I think it only fitting that I should swing by the Newcastle tap today and provide you all with a report!

They were certainly very good on the last day of winter (Fryday) -- let's see how they are today, shall we...
March 22nd, 2004 02:36 PM
egon day 8 and still not a drink in sight...
March 22nd, 2004 02:37 PM
skeeter

March 23rd, 2004 11:31 AM
jb
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
That's beautiful!

March 23rd, 2004 01:19 PM
nankerphelge CHICAGO, Illinois (AP) -- Drinking in moderation appears to reduce heart-related deaths in men with high blood pressure, new research suggests, challenging the belief among many doctors that alcohol should be off-limits to such patients.

In the study, men with high blood pressure who reported having about one or two drinks a day were 44 percent less likely to die of cardiovascular causes such as heart attacks than men with hypertension who rarely or never drank.

Alcohol is known to increase levels of good cholesterol and can thin the blood, warding off artery-clogging clots that can cause heart attacks.

A drink or two a day has been linked with reduced cardiovascular risks in healthy men and women. But many doctors are wary about alcohol use among people with hypertension because heavy drinking can increase blood pressure. For that reason, the American Heart Association generally advises patients with high blood pressure to avoid alcohol.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17