ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Thanks Monkey Woman!!!
© Unknown author

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: How 'bout another drinking thread? ==> Part 5 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
March 3rd, 2004 04:58 PM
caro
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Haven't felt like that since 12 years ago when I dehydrated after some bad food.

Every liquid in my body simply left -- even blood!!

Nanky, that thing you ate -- what did it look like? Was it alive?
Else than those wicked bifidus bio yoghurts, I didn't think food could be so underhand.
March 3rd, 2004 08:26 PM
Some Guy chillin, lots of H2O tonight. Next week off, the whole week in Fla. Going to be crazy!
March 4th, 2004 02:57 AM
fmk438j probably the first time I been drinkin and reading the board. Usually I say if you drinking then why would you be on the net for god's sake?

This time I was forced out of the bar into office (temporarily).

paz
March 4th, 2004 07:59 AM
nankerphelge caro -- I went to an Irish pub called Murphy's (naturally) in Old Town Alexandria here in Virginia. I had an open-face turkey sandwhich and a couple of beers. My brother-in-law was with me and he had an open-face turkey sandwhich and a coke.

I got sick
He did not

I actually think the beer lines were not clean!

All I can tell you is that first I was afraid I was gonna die.
Then I was afraid I wouldn't!!!!
March 4th, 2004 09:27 AM
Joey " caro -- I went to an Irish pub called Murphy's (naturally) in Old Town Alexandria here in Virginia. I had an open-face turkey sandwhich and a couple of beers. My brother-in-law was with me and he had an open-face turkey sandwhich and a coke.

I got sick
He did not

I actually think the beer lines were not clean!

All I can tell you is that first I was afraid I was gonna die.
Then I was afraid I wouldn't!!!! "

Nanky ...........................blame it on the beer lines ( The Irish Pub I frequent is called " The Brazen Head " and they flush their beer lines twice a week -- makes for the perfect pour of Guinness ) .

Word !

" Stones Rule You Bastards !!! "

Jersee !
March 4th, 2004 09:48 AM
nankerphelge That's why it is so important to keep the beer lines flowing. Bacteria can grow in a stagnant line and if not regularly flushed, it can really be big trouble.

Ah, but if the beer continues to flow unabated -- the bacteria never gets a foothold.

Today, to prevent disease and sickness in the greater Reston area, I shall flush the Newcastle line at RT's!!

You're welcome!
March 4th, 2004 11:40 AM
Joey " Today, to prevent disease and sickness in the greater Reston area, I shall flush the Newcastle line at RT's!! "

I would like to caress your kneecaps .

March 4th, 2004 12:13 PM
Zeeta Out for some drinks in Covent Garden area of London tonight, gonna ensure MY pipes are filthy wet with booze!
FYI!

www.porterhousebrewco.com/

May start with the black stuff moving onto hard shit later...

March 4th, 2004 03:37 PM
Honky Tonk Man Hey Zeeta!

I'm supposed to be going to some Indie club in Covent Garden this Saturday. I must confess, I've never been out there, but from what I've heard, it's great. Have you ever heard of a club called Kaleidoscope? I think that's how you spell it. It's all Libertines, Blur, Stone Roses and even played Paint It Black and Not Fade Away when I was there last. I think it's near New Cross station. Well that’s where I got off; it's at one of the University’s there. Anyway, try and check it out. It's 4 quid to get in and £1.50 a pint!

I actually can't believe I have never posted in one of these drinking threads before, considering I'm one of the king piss-heads at work. I was wasted last night and intend to do the same all weekend!

Alex
March 4th, 2004 04:44 PM
luxury1 You work, Alex??
March 4th, 2004 04:45 PM
Joey " I was wasted last night and intend to do the same all weekend! "

I would like to nuzzle you !!!!!

" Woman's be thinking too much Ronnie ! "

Joey " IKE " Turner !
March 4th, 2004 05:12 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
You work, Alex??

Well according to my pay-slip I do!

I hate working, but without I wouldn't have the money to go out and enjoy myself. I still look like a bum as I did in New York! The majority in the building wear suits, but I mope about in jeans and t-shirt. I wouldn't have it any other way and no one is going to change me. I keep getting told to at least where a shirt when I go to the bank, but me in a shirt? NEVER!

Alex
March 5th, 2004 07:50 AM
Zeeta
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Hey Zeeta!

I'm supposed to be going to some Indie club in Covent Garden this Saturday. I must confess, I've never been out there, but from what I've heard, it's great. Have you ever heard of a club called Kaleidoscope? I think that's how you spell it. It's all Libertines, Blur, Stone Roses and even played Paint It Black and Not Fade Away when I was there last. I think it's near New Cross station. Well that’s where I got off; it's at one of the University’s there. Anyway, try and check it out. It's 4 quid to get in and £1.50 a pint!

I actually can't believe I have never posted in one of these drinking threads before, considering I'm one of the king piss-heads at work. I was wasted last night and intend to do the same all weekend!

Alex

Hi Alex - Covent Garden and the whole of the West End IMO is a pretty shite place to go out as far as London goes. The clientle consists of suits piling in for post work booze, tourists and losers. Best places to go out are Shoreditch - excellent pubs and bars, The Cut, in Waterloo - which has excellent bars which you can get really decent food, ie a whole duck to share, fois gras soup etc.
Best place to go in the west end would be Soho just for its madness!
That said I had a fairly good booze last night in the Porterhouse and then some serious red wine later!

New Cross is in South London I beleive and it is Goldsmith's Uni that probrably has that night, sounds fuckin ace mate, £1.50 a pint! With Stella breaking £3 in many places these days that is dangerous!

i would recommend a good night at Club Motherfucker in Soho check the website - it's mint! http://www.clubmotherfucker.com/

They play rock and roll such as Stooges etc - Check it if you can!

Matt
March 5th, 2004 07:59 AM
LadyJane I want to go to London and drink with you guys!!! We'd have a blast!

LJ.
March 5th, 2004 08:05 AM
Honky Tonk Man Hey Zeeta, cheers for the tips. The place I was talking about wasn't Goldsmiths. I will find out where Kaleidoscope is and let you know. I actually think it's pretty near Temple and a great Aussie bar called Walkabout, but guess what? I'm going to Goldsmiths tomorrow! Been meaning to check it out for a while. I think they have live bands there too.

Alex
March 5th, 2004 08:59 AM
Zeeta
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Hey Zeeta, cheers for the tips. The place I was talking about wasn't Goldsmiths. I will find out where Kaleidoscope is and let you know. I actually think it's pretty near Temple and a great Aussie bar called Walkabout, but guess what? I'm going to Goldsmiths tomorrow! Been meaning to check it out for a while. I think they have live bands there too.

Alex

That is weired! I am at Temple now - it is where I work!

We are always in Walkabout on frydays! So much so I now call the Temple branch Deloitte-about, which is where I work!

Dunno where Kaleidoscope is tho!

lets get fryed on a fryday! Can't wait to get leathered tonight!
March 5th, 2004 10:07 AM
egon It's friday and the week from FUCKING hell has almost ended.

Who's with me for some quality drinking time?
1st round's on me, what shall it be?

March 5th, 2004 10:10 AM
Joey " Who's with me for some quality drinking time?
1st round's on me, what shall it be? "

Yes my Stonesian Brother .......................I will be meeting my " Drinking Crew " at the finish line tonight at approx. 10:00 PM CDT at " Mr. Toads " !!!!!!!

My chilled NewCastle with a shot of " Jagger " will be sitting there waiting for me as it SHOULD be ...................................and you ?!?!?!

The First " Jaggerbomb " is on me tonight everybody !

Enjoy !

" Oh , ..... Stones RULE You Bastards ! "

Jercee Joe !

March 5th, 2004 10:31 AM
Honky Tonk Man Are you in walkabout tonight Zeeta? There is a slight chance i might make an apearance!

I work just round the corner from Monument. Do you go to any of the bars round there?

Alex
March 5th, 2004 11:06 AM
parmeda Nanky?
It's 11AM in your neck-o-the-woods...
When do you pull the ripcord?
March 5th, 2004 11:08 AM
Joey " When do you pull the ripcord? "

7:00 AM

{{ CA - RACK )) !

March 5th, 2004 11:08 AM
nankerphelge Very soon my dear.
Very soon!

The sun is just starting to burn thru and we are supposed to hit the mid 70s today.

I have a lunch with some former colleagues today, so I won't be indulging as usual.

But happy hour is looking very good!
March 5th, 2004 11:09 AM
Joey " But happy hour is looking very good! "

UNCLE MORTYS ?!?!?!

March 5th, 2004 11:11 AM
parmeda LOL...you guys have a great weekend!
I gotta get outta here and go root on the child
Cross yer fingers for him...I want a gold medal!
March 5th, 2004 11:11 AM
nankerphelge I'm thinking Rio Grande -- they have these lovely frozen marg/sangria mixtures and an outdoor area!!

They are quite potent and perfect for a nice Fryday spring afternoon!!
March 5th, 2004 11:13 AM
Joey " I'm thinking Rio Grande -- they have these lovely frozen marg/sangria mixtures and an outdoor area!!

They are quite potent and perfect for a nice Fryday spring afternoon!! "

I like the way you think ( drink !!!! ) my Brother .

Joesy !

March 5th, 2004 11:14 AM
nankerphelge Congrats on 7000 my brother!
March 5th, 2004 11:14 AM
Joey

Bless You My Brother !!!!

7K JOE !
March 5th, 2004 11:54 AM
telecaster
quote:
parmeda wrote:
Nanky?
It's 11AM in your neck-o-the-woods...
When do you pull the ripcord?

pam I am shipping the woman off tomorrow for a week
and will be the terror of the western suburbs

I am calling you out

When can we meet at the Chucky Cheeze place?

Bring the hubby but leave the pager at home
March 5th, 2004 12:30 PM
Zeeta
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Are you in walkabout tonight Zeeta? There is a slight chance i might make an apearance!

I work just round the corner from Monument. Do you go to any of the bars round there?

Alex

Tonight I have to meet and old (lady) friend! She works upon Regent Street!

But now we know where we're both at it's a matter of time before chaos ensues!!!!!!!!1

Have a pissed up evening boys and girls - enjoy!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17