ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Thanks Monkey Woman!!!
© Unknown author

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: How 'bout another drinking thread? ==> Part 5 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
May 6th, 2004 09:03 PM
parmeda You've never had them?

Run...I said RUN, to your local store and grab a case of each! (They come in cute little bottles, lol)
The Bacardi O has an orange "zest" to it...
The Bacardi Coco has a coconut twist to it...

They also have a few other flavors, but these two are my favorites.
May 7th, 2004 07:12 AM
LadyJane Thanks for the "heads-up", Pammy!

The coconut Rum sounds especially tasty!!

I guess it's too early to RUN to the Liquor Store NOW! Dammit.

I'm VERY stressed this morning!

LJ.
May 7th, 2004 10:30 AM
egon here's a little tip for yah;

If anyone ever offers you a pint of "carlsberg ELEPHANT"

RUN!!!!!
[Edited by egon]
May 7th, 2004 10:58 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
egon wrote:
here's a little tip for yah;

If anyone ever offers you a pint of "carlsberg ELEPHANT"

RUN!!!!!
[Edited by egon]

I prefer Heineken.
May 7th, 2004 11:02 AM
egon i like you.
May 7th, 2004 11:11 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
egon wrote:
i like you.

It was a joke gegegege.
May 7th, 2004 07:15 PM
stewed & Keefed Snakebite Arsehole'd - Reassuringly Cloudy

Snakebite Arseholed - Reassuringly Cloudy

An ode to Snakebite, the varying combinations available to us to make this godly drink and the various names for the more common variations.

It was with an even hand and steady mind that Julio Miguel Batista Ramitos did craft the first snakebite that bore the name he adorned upon it of Wrong-Beater. He presented it like his child, releasing it to the world of real men without guardian, the fruits of countless years of labour. This was the crowning achievement of his life.

So he would be damned if anyone was going to lay claim to this beauty however they felt.

With hundreds of nights of brewing, mixing and drinking experience we bring to you the definitive guide to snakebite.

Snake Bite - Common Variations

PeckerBerg - Woodpecker and Carlsberg
The young ladies favourite, a sweet, not to cloudy brew that is easy on the brain cells and can even be taken as a working lunch. This goes against the grain for some 'Bite' drinkers and would be scoffed at if found in the hands of a real MBD. (MBD - Male Bite Drinker)

Old Carl - Old English and Carling
One for the old guys out there, probably had enough of the demon brews below and this is all the misses will bring into the hospital in the old hip flask. Its not ideal, and would bring shame upon an MBD who was drinking it, but it has its place in the snakebite hall of fame.

Wrong Beater - Strongbow and Stella
The first of one of the many classics and the staple diet of most MBD's. A cloudy, punishing drink. Its rumoured that if one looks hard enough into the glass you can sometimes predict your own future in the swirling mist of the brew.
Fused from two fine ingredients, Strongbow (Wrongbow) and Stella (Wifebeater) each with much gusto and vigour in their respective cider/lager areas before being transformed into a being much more than even the sum of its lofty parts.

Black Beater - Blackthorn and Stella
Seen by some as a Wrong-Beater substitute when the wrongbow is not available this drink has merit of its own. Although it does not have the consistency, kick or following of the Wrong-Beater it is the staple of many an MBD and is greeted with curiosity from other bite drinkers rather than the disdain that some of the less potent brews can inspire. Not quite a drink of champions but all in all a great drink.

Super WrongBeater - Strongbow Super and Stella
Not available in pubs, this brew can only created in the pleasure of your own home although some of the hardcore MBD's carry around a four pack of Wrongbow Super to mix their own whilst in the local hostelery. Regarded by some to be the very pinnacle of ones Snakebite career and by others to be the beginning of denial and a descent into the ladylike world of PeckerBite and god forbid straight lager or cider.
A very cloudby brew, should be drunk with care, will give you hairy palms and an even more hairy tongue. The first of the granddad granddaddy of the Bites in our compilation.

Jack Special - Scrumpy Jack and Carlsberg Special Brew
This brew is served warm, well at warm room temperature and should only be served in old style pint mug and in the company of other senior MBD's. Not as popular as Super WrongBeater but just as strong and possibly more murky. This brew is from the South of England where hairy palms and full facial hair is not frowned upon quite so much (and is even a status symbol). Rumoured to go well with a Cornish -dog food- Pasty. The second of the granddad drinks in our mighty Bite compilation.

well kids, we have aimed to cover the essential Snake Bite knowledge and give you a springboard to form your own tasty beverages. Only you know what will work for you and please experiment and leave us your views, brews, nick names and stories.

Lager and Cider not mixed can Ram It
May 7th, 2004 07:40 PM
Bloozehound
May 8th, 2004 06:28 AM
egon no one drinking today?
May 8th, 2004 12:27 PM
stewed & Keefed I am.
May 8th, 2004 01:14 PM
Ten Thousand Motels They call this the Drunk Pumpkin.

May 8th, 2004 01:42 PM
Bloozehound LOL
May 10th, 2004 03:24 AM
stonedinaustralia i got TOTALLY hammered last tuesday night...so much so i didn't wake up til 10.00 a.m. then rang into work "sick"

how come i only have sick days after i've had too much "medicine"??

unfortunately i had a commitment at about 3.00 pm which i could not possibly avoid/cancel or in lawyers talk "adjourn" so i had to struggle into the city to do it

like charlie is with tours i said to myself "that's it...no f$%king more"...well i haven't been good to that word but i was inspired to go over 72 hours without a drink (one AFD - alcohol free day) is usually about as much as i can manage

i have promised myself 'tho, no more getting totally shitfaced - i just don't need it any more (if i ever did)-

of course, we'll see how we go with all this
May 10th, 2004 04:57 AM
beer
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

It was a joke gegegege.

why must you mock Heiny? why? where does this hatred come from? i hope Egon shows you the way.
May 10th, 2004 10:27 AM
egon beer, there's a reason why i don't live in holland anymore.
May 10th, 2004 02:29 PM
stewed & Keefed
[Edited by stewed & Keefed]
May 10th, 2004 03:48 PM
Joey
quote:
stewed & Keefed wrote:

[Edited by stewed & Keefed]

Stewed & Keefed .................................

You make Joey smile .
May 11th, 2004 01:11 PM
steel driving hammer http://www.songmeanings.net/artist.php?aid=119

http://sublimedirectory.com/stimes/04-12-2004/dogboard.wmv
May 11th, 2004 01:17 PM
telecaster http://www.theonion.com/news/index.php?issue=4018&n=3

CINCINNATI, OH—After a hard night promoting Heineken at a local bar, junior marketing associate Jason Schweiber, 23, spent Monday morning nursing a hangover and trying to remember what he'd said about Heineken the night before.

"When I woke up, all of my business cards were gone, along with the entire box of promo mugs, all the Heinie logo hats, and about half the Heineken sampler CDs," Schweiber said from his room at the Sheraton hotel. "I know I was talking about Heineken the whole night, but what was I saying? It could've been anything."

"Was I talking about the great taste of Heineken and the awards it's won?" Schweiber added, rubbing his temples. "Was I telling people to check out the Heineken web site? Was I talking about Heineken concert events? I really hope I didn't make a fool of myself or Heineken."

May 11th, 2004 01:20 PM
steel driving hammer Nice towel! lol

May 11th, 2004 01:26 PM
jb
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17