ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Thanks Monkey Woman!!!
© Unknown author

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: How 'bout another drinking thread? ==> Part 5 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
May 3rd, 2004 11:37 AM
LadyJane I saw a guy in the supermarket yesterday with a Tee Shirt that said DEA in bold letters. As I got closer the caption underneath read "Drink Every Afternoon".

I told him I liked his shirt and was going to ask where to find one, but his wife gave me the look of death!!

IF we ever come up with a RO Tee Shirt..DEA must be included!!!

LJ.
[Edited by LadyJane]
May 3rd, 2004 02:35 PM
Noonan McKane I can't help thinking I'm being ignored.
I don't mind though; Being ignored by Rolling Stones fans is worth a thousand cold shoulders from ordinary people!
May 3rd, 2004 02:40 PM
LadyJane Noonan..since you posted in the drinking thread..What is your favorite alcoholic beverage??

LJ.
May 3rd, 2004 03:48 PM
egon
quote:
Noonan McKane wrote:
I can't help thinking I'm being ignored.
I don't mind though; Being ignored by Rolling Stones fans is worth a thousand cold shoulders from ordinary people!

shut up and drink.
May 3rd, 2004 04:48 PM
nankerphelge Ain't no one being ignored!!!

DEA!!

Letters to live by!
May 3rd, 2004 05:21 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
I finished off a bottle of Valpolicella with some pizza last nite!! Then I opened a bottle of Merlot and sealed the deal!

Oh mastermind, you are so refined that I would like to cook lobsters for ya in the day we meet each other celebrating the famous "Rocks Off party" at DC.

Anyway, I drank Valpolicella, the famous "Bolla" twice, but I didn't like that much. I prefer the French or Portuguese types, less acid.
May 3rd, 2004 05:25 PM
J.J.Flash The following quote refers to the "Today's cure for Hangover", posted by my fellow Stan and re-posted in the "HAPPY B-DAY JJFLASH" by my dutch brother Egon.

quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
Hmmmmmm...... dry mouth... dry mouth..... due to my birthday, I was supposed to join in this thread.... moaning..."oh Lord... oh Geez....I will never drink anymore...", that sort of thing....but I tell you what, I'm fine, really. After almost 10 beers... I'm just dealing with a goddman headache...no problem at all, considering the weekend, past 2 weeks, countless beers plus vodka + lemon + sugar + ice cubes.

"Let's drink to the hard working people..."

[Edited by J.J.Flash]
May 3rd, 2004 06:34 PM
stewed & Keefed
May 4th, 2004 08:04 AM
nankerphelge JJF, I agree that Bolla Valpolicella is a bit rough!

Not my first choice either -- but it was there, so I drank it!!

Last nite I finished the Merlot and broke into some Chianti.

[Edited by nankerphelge]
May 4th, 2004 09:10 AM
Factory Girl Hey, Nanky, what did you think of the Dylan 4/3 show? I don't think I saw your comments. TIA!
May 4th, 2004 09:14 AM
Zeeta Hey I drink cider, does this make me a freak?!??

Also I drink Budweiser Budvar - the real deal!

Also I support Leeds Utd and they were relegated yesterday to the measly 1st division! I wept - does this make me soft!??
May 4th, 2004 11:05 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Zeeta wrote:
Also I drink Budweiser Budvar - the real deal!

Good stuff!
May 5th, 2004 08:27 AM
nankerphelge You'll all be happy to hear that our esteemed brother TomL will be stopping by the nank household today for a lil' drunkenpoolashootinStonesacrankindeckachibathon!!

RO -- bringing fun people together(TM)!!

Where else can you get such variety?
Such raw talent!!

All of us living with Stonesian energy running through our very beings!

Like "The Force!"

A physical entity -- like gravity with a groove!

Yeah, I started early....
May 5th, 2004 08:40 AM
LadyJane It's 8:30...and you are already ripped????

Good for you!!

LJ.
May 5th, 2004 09:47 AM
Factory Girl Nanky, WOW-You're a Mean Lean Nanky Machine!

Newcastles for breakfast???
May 5th, 2004 03:51 PM
Joey
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
It's 8:30...and you are already ripped????

Good for you!!

LJ.

That's it .............Time For an Intervention .

W - W - W - W - W - What ?!?! Oh , sure :

http://www.metal-sludge.com/25QuestionsBobbieBrown.htm

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Ja Jac Jack Jacky !

Jacky !
May 5th, 2004 04:25 PM
nankerphelge Yeah buddies!

It is 4:20 -- high time for a lil post!

Coronas today!
Many, many Coronas!

May 5th, 2004 04:28 PM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Yeah buddies!

It is 4:20 -- high time for a lil post!

Coronas today!
Many, many Coronas!

www.KeithMoon.com

Developing .....................................

Heminevrin!!

Shiver .................................

Snarky !
May 6th, 2004 04:27 PM
Joey

{{{{{{{ JACKY !!! }}}}}}}}}}}
May 6th, 2004 05:24 PM
stewed & Keefed
My Friday Night Friend

[Edited by stewed & Keefed]
May 6th, 2004 05:39 PM
sirmoonie I like getting all liquored up at gun shows and then waking up the next afternoon and playing with all the new weapons scattered around the couch that you would otherwise have never have bought. Its fun, if you can find the time.
May 6th, 2004 05:44 PM
Ben Gurion
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
I like getting all liquored up at gun shows and then waking up the next afternoon and playing with all the new weapons scattered around the couch that you would otherwise have never have bought. Its fun, if you can find the time.

The fate of television's favorite on-again, off-again couple, Ross and Rachel, was headed for a resolution Thursday on the final episode of "Friends."

After 10 years of the most popular TV comedy, which followed six New York coffee shop regulars as they moved from post-adolescence to something approaching adulthood, most of the Friends' futures were was pretty much set.

Phoebe's gotten married, Monica and Chandler are moving to the suburbs with baby in tow and Joey is heading west to get serious about his acting career. Thursday's suspense involved Rachel's plan to take a new job in Paris and whether Ross would try to stop her — or join her.

The couple's tortured romantic past included a quickie Las Vegas wedding and a baby, born during last May's season finale and seldom seen since.

NBC was hoping the hour-long finale would become a cultural touchstone like the last episodes of "Cheers" and "Seinfeld." The network was privately predicting around 45 million viewers would watch. That would make it second to the Super Bowl, which had almost 90 million viewers, as TV's most-watched event this year. The Academy Awards (news - web sites) had 43.5 million viewers.

Television's most popular series finale ever, "M-A-S-H," was seen by 105 million viewers in 1983, according to Nielsen Media Research. The last "Cheers" was seen by 80.4 million people in 1993 and "Seinfeld" had 76.2 million for its 1998 ending.

The number NBC likes best is $2 million, which advertisers were paying for a 30-second commercial on the final "Friends."

It's also the end of an era for TV comedy. With "Frasier" finishing next week, HBO's "Sex and the City" gone and CBS' "Everybody Loves Raymond" expected to end next year, television is losing some of its best and most popular comedies with little to replace them.

The six actors involved — Matt LeBlanc (news), Jennifer Aniston (news), Courteney Cox (news) Arquette, Matthew Perry (news), David Schwimmer (news) and Lisa Kudrow (news) — maintained an all-for-one spirit off-screen, even negotiating contracts together.

NBC will spin off LeBlanc's character, Joey Tribbiani, for a new comedy that will take the mother ship's Thursday time slot next fall.

The network has hardly been shy promoting the "Friends" finale. It was the subject of a two-hour "Dateline NBC" on Wednesday and Jay Leno filmed Thursday's "Tonight" show from the "Friends" set.

"Today" show anchor Matt Lauer sardonically noted all the attention Thursday while previewing coming attractions on his own show.

"Join us tomorrow as we begin a 12-step program for getting over `Friends,'" he said.

May 6th, 2004 05:51 PM
sirmoonie You, me and Jennifer Aniston. Together we can make it to the top, Dande!
May 6th, 2004 05:54 PM
Ben Gurion
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
You, me and Jennifer Aniston. Together we can make it to the top, Dande!

We're already there sir, already there...

http://www.crosscurrents.org/katzwinter2004.htm

May 6th, 2004 06:08 PM
nankerphelge I can't drink rum!

Makes me all hot & shit!

I can drink Newcastles!

Yes I can......
May 6th, 2004 06:13 PM
stewed & Keefed Hey Nanker,

Both sound good to me
May 6th, 2004 06:17 PM
nankerphelge That damn run S&K -- my in-laws brought back some from Barbados once and I drank some and I dreamt that I climbed up some mountians in the Andes in South America and when I got to the top, I just started kicking the mountain down -- once kick at a time. Piece by fucking Andes piece!!

Woke up all disoriented and confused and kicking and shit!

Ever since I've had this special but cautious place for rum!

May 6th, 2004 08:26 PM
LadyJane I like Rum.

Oh yes I do!

Where's that bottle of Bacardi Gold???

LJ.
May 6th, 2004 08:52 PM
parmeda Nanky...don't let one bad experience shy you away from the rum gods!

It's getting hot...time to throw some Bacardi O & Bacardi Coco's in the freezer. There's never no sweatin' in my back yard

May 6th, 2004 08:57 PM
LadyJane That sounds yummy Pammy!

Can you elaborate on the Bacardi treats?

LJ.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17