ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Thanks Monkey Woman!!!
© Unknown author

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: How 'bout another drinking thread? ==> Part 5 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
April 12th, 2004 02:53 PM
egon the kronebourgh truck crashed into the pub last night.
or at least that's how it felt this morning.
April 14th, 2004 06:39 AM
egon What the hell is going on?!

this is the 2nd time i need to save this thread from slipping to the 2nd page!

Are you pussies not drinking anymore?
April 14th, 2004 06:39 AM
egon What the hell is going on?!

this is the 2nd time i need to save this thread from slipping to the 2nd page!

Are you pussies not drinking anymore?
April 14th, 2004 06:40 AM
egon that's right... i posted it twice!
April 14th, 2004 08:15 AM
LadyJane "Are you pussies not drinking anymore?"

Are you kidding, egon? I'm trying to figure out how to fill the office water cooler with Vodka!!

LJ.
April 14th, 2004 08:51 AM
egon that's the 'spirit'
April 14th, 2004 11:50 AM
Joey Hello My Stones Brothers and Sisters .....................

I don't knows abouts alls of you's , but Drinking makes me a LOT !!!!!!!!!!!

And THEN When I see THIS , .......................................................................................I REALLY have to go

Developing ................................

Jacky !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Edited by Joey]
[Edited by Joey]
April 15th, 2004 10:28 AM
egon Thursday. slowly but surely we are heading towards the weekend. this calls for a celebration; beers at the pub it is!
April 15th, 2004 09:53 PM
Bloozehound TGIF (almost)

April 16th, 2004 06:37 PM
stewed & Keefed
April 16th, 2004 06:48 PM
glencar start me up!
April 16th, 2004 06:58 PM
Bloozehound
April 16th, 2004 07:01 PM
Zeeta Staropramen, Scumpy Jack jacky!!!! Scumpy Jack jacky!!!!Scumpy Jack jacky!!!!Scumpy Jack jacky!!!!Scumpy Jack jacky!!!!Scumpy Jack jacky!!!!Scumpy Jack jacky!!!!Scumpy Jack jacky!!!!Scumpy Jack jacky!!!!Scumpy Jack jacky!!!!Scumpy Jack jacky!!!!Scumpy Jack jacky!!!!Scumpy Jack jacky!!!!Scumpy Jack jacky!!!!Scumpy Jack jacky!!!!Scumpy Jack jacky!!!!Scumpy Jack jacky!!!!Scumpy Jack jacky!!!!Scumpy Jack jacky!!!!Scumpy Jack jacky!!!!Scumpy Jack jacky!!!!Scumpy Jack jacky!!!!Scumpy Jack jacky!!!!Scumpy Jack jacky!!!!Scumpy Jack jacky!!!!Scumpy Jack jacky!!!!Scumpy Jack jacky!!!!Scumpy Jack jacky!!!!Scumpy Jack jacky!!!!Scumpy Jack jacky!!!!Scumpy Jack jacky!!!!Scumpy Jack jacky!!!!Scumpy Jack jacky!!!!Scumpy Jack jacky!!!!Scumpy Jack jacky!!!!Scumpy Jack jacky!!!!Scumpy Jack jacky!!!!Scumpy Jack jacky!!!!Scumpy Jack jacky!!!!Scumpy Jack jacky!!!!Scumpy Jack jacky!!!!Scumpy Jack jacky!!!!Scumpy Jack jacky!!!!Scumpy Jack jacky!!!!Scumpy Jack jacky!!!!Scumpy Jack jacky!!!!Scumpy Jack jacky!!!!Scumpy Jack jacky!!!!Scumpy Jack jacky!!!!Scumpy Jack jacky!!!!Scumpy Jack jacky!!!!Scumpy Jack jacky!!!!Scumpy Jack jacky!!!!Scumpy Jack jacky!!!!Scumpy Jack jacky!!!!Scumpy Jack jacky!!!!Scumpy Jack jacky!!!!Scumpy Jack jacky!!!!Scumpy Jack jacky!!!!Scumpy Jack jacky!!!!Scumpy Jack jacky!!!!Scumpy Jack jacky!!!!Scumpy Jack jacky!!!!Scumpy Jack jacky!!!!
April 16th, 2004 08:28 PM
polksalad69
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
TGIF (almost)

It's here but I've got a work related something or other tomorrow so drinking coffee right about now. Cheers...
April 16th, 2004 09:19 PM
sirmoonie A man alone in a Seattle hotel room.

With a mini-bar.

Developing.....

"I'd give a thousand pelts, Ronnie!"
April 16th, 2004 10:07 PM
LadyJane I just booked myself a 5 night stay in a beachfront resort in Miami Beach.

Why?? Because I'm worth it!!

Yes...all rooms have a mini-fridge and mini-bar.

Time to celebrate....Cheers!!

LJ.
April 17th, 2004 06:47 AM
luxury1 Whoa---LadyJane is busting out!!
That should be a most fun time in Miami, I dare say....

I imbibed in a bottle of Santa Margherita last night, and I am feeling rather fine this morning. It always helps to get in some calisthenics afterward to help take the edge off the impending hangover.
April 17th, 2004 07:56 AM
nankerphelge You drank a bottle of wine and then did jumping jacks?

April 17th, 2004 09:41 AM
luxury1 Of course. Dont you?
April 17th, 2004 10:16 AM
parmeda Okay LadyJ...what's your story? Going down to Miami for some R&R? I wanna go...
(I'm jealous!)

And Lux...you are waaaaaay more ambitious than I, in the morning, lol
The only thing that I want to "jump" up and do is...
well, I won't go there.

April 17th, 2004 10:26 AM
luxury1 Parmeda, honey, do you REALLY think I meant gymnasium calisthenics?
April 17th, 2004 10:28 AM
parmeda lmao...you make me so proud, Lux!
April 17th, 2004 11:21 AM
throbby I prefer a certain type of boogie after partaking a bit myself.
April 17th, 2004 12:29 PM
LadyJane The RO sexercise,,,,I mean exercise club.

You're never too old to get in shape!

Pammy--the trip is for MUCH needed RnR. I'll e-mail you with all the details.

LJ.

PS..Would you all believe I just got back from Mass!!?? Surprised the Church didn't catch on fire!

[Edited by LadyJane]
April 17th, 2004 03:31 PM
Zeeta
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
You drank a bottle of wine and then did jumping jacks?

HAHA! Nah man! I was drinking Staropramen Czech beer then drinking my new addiction - Cider of the Scrumpy Jack style!

Very tasty stuff, refreshing and sweet, oh and it canes you!

April 17th, 2004 04:06 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Blowin' in the Wine: Bob Dylan Teams Up With Italian Winemaker
By Nick Fauchald
"Vintage Bob Dylan" has taken on a new meaning. A term that once referred to dusty LPs and rollicking harmonica riffs now can be applied to fine wine, as the legendary folksinger has teamed up with Italian winemaker Antonio Terni to produce a blended red wine.

Terni, who owns Fattoria Le Terrazze in Italy's Marche region, is also a partner in Argentina winery Altos de Medrano, whose 2001 Malbec Viña Hormigas Reserva (91 points, $24) was among Wine Spectator's Top 100 Wines of 2003. A lifelong Dylan fanatic, he spends his free time trailing the singer's European tours and has already produced one wine in homage to his hero, a Montepulciano named Visions of J, after "Visions of Johanna," a song on Dylan's 1966 Blonde on Blonde album.

When the troubadour performed in Milan last year, Terni brought along a few bottles of Visions of J and passed them on to Dylan's drummer with a note asking if Dylan would be interested in a joint venture. When his manager called a few days later, Terni thought it was a prank.

"Bob tried it backstage and liked it, and his manager wanted to know more about my wine," Terni said. The two agreed to a trial joint venture: Terni would create the wine and Dylan would offer his endorsement, in exchange for a few hundred bottles.

While some producers use famous faces to push mediocre wines, Terni said he refuses to compromise quality for celebrity. "When [Dylan's management] asked me to make this wine, I told them, 'If you're looking to make some kind of merchandising thing, I cannot help you. I don't know how to make a cheap wine.'"

The result is Planet Waves 2002, a blend of 75 percent Montepulciano and 25 percent Merlot, that is named for Dylan's 1974 album. Terni says the blend expresses two sides of Dylan's personality. "It's severe and unpredictable like Montepulciano, and soft and friendly like Merlot," he said.

Even the inscription on the back of the bottle, which bears the signatures of both partners, contains a Dylanesque soliloquoy: "Countless waves of causes and effects/ have been rolling all along this planet/ since it emerged from darkness. When they cross and overlap each other, things happen./ …What pushed two guys from opposite corners of the world to put their names/ on a bottle of Italian red wine?/ Destiny? Fate? Coincidence?"

Terni has produced about 415 cases of Planet Waves, 125 of which will be exported to the United States in October. With a price tag of $65 per bottle, Dylan's famous lyrics from "All Along the Watchtower" could prove prophetic: "Businessmen, they drink my wine … None of them along the line know what any of it is worth."

If all goes well, the winemaker and the musicmaker will continue their joint venture. "I've been a Bob Dylan fan since the first time I heard him, and I didn't even understand English then," Terni said. "I never imagined we'd make a wine together."
April 18th, 2004 05:56 AM
egon http://www.morebeer.com/
April 20th, 2004 05:11 PM
LadyJane This is slipping again..Can't have that.

Almost quitting time...and I need to re-up at the Liquor Store.

LJ.
April 21st, 2004 07:34 AM
nankerphelge I did not drink last night!

And today, I feel like shit!

Let that be a lesson to all of you.

April 21st, 2004 08:07 AM
egon i did drink last night.
and today, i had a good shit.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17