ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
"On the Road" World Tour 2002-2003

Honolulu International Center, January 21, 1973
Annie Leibovitz

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: There will be a contest this month..... Return to archive
05-12-02 09:31 AM
Cardinal Ximinez .....but not til after the ticket frenzy dies down...I've had a few inquiries off board, and I just wanted to let you all know that I will indeed run a contest. Just be patient.

I'll tease you with the prize though.....

Main St. Revisited!

This is Mickboy's excellent remaster of Exile with lots of bonus tracks. Exile like you never heard it before. Folks this is the BOMB!
05-12-02 11:55 AM
Nasty Habits Recently got Mickboy's remaster of the Jagger/Red Devils from a remarkably generous individual and it kills me how much better it sounds. Jagger sings his ass off. Best sustained studio performance from a Stone in the 90s. Have heard nothing but hushed and whispered awe about the quality of his job on Exile. Mickboy must have ears like Robert Frank's got eyes. Top motivator for a contest, Card. Looking forward to it.

05-12-02 12:03 PM
KeepRigid You wanna know what?

I plan on landing a blimp right here on the boards with the most beautiful

face

you have ever seen in your life plastered on its sides.

I win.

[Edited by KeepRigid]
05-12-02 12:07 PM
MRD8 Mickboys other major masterpiece besides Exiles is his remaster of Aftermath called Only When Its Frozen...unbelivable job! Disc two is 27 songs from '63-'67, many in stunning stereo for the first time! His next scheduled release is Goats Head Soup, different than the sampler he let out a while back...the Stones should hire him to remaster their ABKCO catalog if it is indeed gonna be done!
05-12-02 12:23 PM
The Worst
quote:
Cardinal Ximinez wrote:

I'll tease you with the prize though.....

Main St. Revisited!

Will there be an alternate prize in case the winner already has main St. Revisited. I do have it, and if it is gonna be the only prize, I don't want to keep others from winning. It is great indeed, I always thought, that Bill's bass on Rocks Off belongs to his best works, but it sounds even much better on this bootleg.
05-12-02 12:27 PM
The Worst
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
Recently got Mickboy's remaster of the Jagger/Red Devils from a remarkably generous individual and it kills me how much better it sounds.

I have this one too, probably also from the same generous individual.
05-12-02 03:36 PM
Cardinal Ximinez Hey, you all know that I'm pretty flexible with these prizes...so if the winner already has Main St. Revisited, they could pick one of the other Mickboy remasters that I have...I have all of them except for "Only When It's Frozen". And I'll have that one soon.....

So good luck with tix everybody!
05-12-02 03:44 PM
gypsy KeepRigid is going to win by a landslide...you guys have no idea about "face." It will rock your worlds...that's all I can say about it, as KeepRigidsLawyer has a gag order in effect...
05-12-02 04:39 PM
JaggaRichards
quote:
MRD8 wrote:
Disc two is 27 songs from '63-'67, many in stunning stereo for the first time!

Which songs?? How can I get a copy of this? Please!!
05-13-02 03:13 AM
MarthaMyDear I wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS to Jaxx for winning the last contest and I'll be entering this one!!! lol...................... :P Thanx for the fun!!! ROCK ON!!!

*** Martha ***

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.