ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
"On the Road" World Tour 2002-2003

Honolulu International Center, January 21, 1973
Annie Leibovitz

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Access Hollywood review Return to archive
05-12-02 01:18 AM
The Eggman Did anyone hear ACCESS HOLLYWOOD's Summer tour review , thus including the barely present Rolling Stones

-Paul McCartney (anyone remember McCARTNEY 2 1980 album?..ya i didnt think so!!!) got more coverage then the Stones
-Korn (Whom is 2 years overdone) got more
-Cher (her SWAN SONG tour apprently, funny anymore plastic sugery and she'll look like a SWAN) was more present
-Ozzy (because of his recent popularity or more sympathy of his lack of knowledge for the English language) is touring again with his bands of youngsters

and then the Stones were announced with their tickets going for $350 bucks a pop

And that was it for the WORLD'S GREATEST R&R BAND,....sad ain't it?

[Edited by The Eggman]
05-12-02 06:48 PM
The Eggman Anyone else see this???
05-13-02 08:39 AM
stonedinaustralia no i didn't see it... but why beat yourself up about it??

the same goes for the post below referring to some South African(!!) newspaper article which spews out the same old cliches... who cares what they say??... I'm hip to the stones, as are you and most of the others on this board and god knows I bet there'll be no shortage of people who want to see them no what is or isn't said about them in the popular press, tv radio

the stones, to me at least , have never played the media's game they're always gotten the media to play theirs (like no other except perhaps Dylan)... and thus has it always been.... after all,in a way andrew loog oldham who re-wrote the rule book...

i mean, this "they're too old" shit has been going on since 1969...

the media doesn't treat the stones kindly because it can't control them... the stones, in a way, are bigger than it is as far as its ability to create/control an expression of popular culture...

in fact, its hard to remember a time when the stones weren't getting a bad time from the press...

05-13-02 08:24 PM
AlexanderHic [quote]stonedinaustralia wrote:

the media doesn't treat the stones kindly because it can't control them... the stones, in a way, are bigger than it is as far as its ability to create/control an expression of popular culture...

You said it. Also, the "media" (routine coverage from today's pop film and music) is plain tasteless and stupid. BTW, I don't care if it's uncool to defend McCartney again, but I do happen to remember and even treasure his solo stuff (even those homemade self titled I & II series -yes, there's a whole gamma of expressions within popular culture) despite his arrogant points of view, the fact that I've grown tired from listening to official Beatles albums, and the fact that I am currently a stones fan.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.