ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Oh my God no fucking you again!!
NYC 2005 - © Julie Jacobson
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What are the chances of getting tix tomorrow at Fenway? Return to archive
May 13th, 2005 07:33 PM
Poison Dart Do you guys think there is a legit chance to get Stones tickets thru Ticketmaster tomorrow? Or am I going to waste my day off since ticket brokers seem to get the majority of them?

These fucking ticket brokers suck. How the hell do they already have tickets while the general public can't get them until tomorrow?

The whole system of ticket distribution sucks.
May 13th, 2005 09:36 PM
Dan
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
Do you guys think there is a legit chance to get Stones tickets thru Ticketmaster tomorrow? Or am I going to waste my day off since ticket brokers seem to get the majority of them?

Ticket brokers do not have anywhere near 36,000 tickets.
quote:

These fucking ticket brokers suck. How the hell do they already have tickets while the general public can't get them until tomorrow?

I am sure at this point ticket brokers must be really big fans of the Rolling Stones if they already have tickets in hand. Or at least have American Express Gold Cards.

But they charge what people are willing to pay. I know someone who walked into the ticket broker office across the street from the Pond on the 99 tour and said "what do you have for fifty bucks?" and did okay considering the circumstances.

quote:

The whole system of ticket distribution sucks.

How do you think they should be distributed or priced? My dad told me about going to see Cream and Deep Purple at the Forum on Cream's "Farewell Tour" in 1968 for 5 bucks with no service charges. You know how he got tickets? Everybody lined up at the Forum the day they went on sale.

May 13th, 2005 09:38 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
How do you think they should be distributed or priced? My dad told me about going to see Cream and Deep Purple at the Forum on Cream's "Farewell Tour" in 1968 for 5 bucks with no service charges. You know how he got tickets? Everybody lined up at the Forum the day they went on sale.

i hope this is what they do with the club gigs...
May 13th, 2005 10:30 PM
Gazza I dont

Its ideal if you live in the same city but a potentially crushing disappointment if you fly thousands of miles for the other shows in the area that week and dont get lucky
May 13th, 2005 10:52 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I dont

Its ideal if you live in the same city but a potentially crushing disappointment if you fly thousands of miles for the other shows in the area that week and dont get lucky

point taken.

i just know that this method has been very successful with big acts and small venues in the recent past here in the states. folks that wanted the tix got 'em...

we will really see what kind of demand there is by tomorrow evening...

i cant figure out if this is a well orchestrated plan to sell this kind of act, or if it is just very last minute...

it is certainly unlike any tour rollout i have followed closely, for any act...

like the amex thing - when they did that for the lion king on broadwway, mastercard hyped that so early, to get people to join and use their card - that is the standard practice. but amex didnt hype it at all - no mention. charlotte, i think, called amex the morning of the 10th to find wout what was doing, and he said amex knew nothing. unless the stones stipulated that they couldnt say anything, even that morning to members who call and inquire (and they are really good about catering to the members - that's what the yearly surcharge gets ya)...

like i said, i cant figure out if it is just a really intricate rollout that has been designed to a T, or if it is as haphazard as it seems...
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour