ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Oh my God no fucking you again!!
NYC 2005 - © Julie Jacobson
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Will there be a third Boston show? Return to archive
May 13th, 2005 06:59 PM
Poison Dart I spoke with several ticket brokers today. They claim that intrest in the Stones is at it's highest level since Steel Wheels.

Just to get in the door (the $60 tickets) are going for $295 each.

There is clearly HUGE intrest in the Stones and with the break in the schedule does anybody know if the rumored third show at the Fleet Center (or whatever the hell it's called this week)is going to happen?
May 13th, 2005 07:04 PM
Dan Only a handful of tickets have even been sold for the Fenway show as it hasnt gone on general sale yet. Only people with passcodes burning a whole in their computer or Amex cards have even bought tickets yet. And only people with way too much money would even be talking to a broker. Of course a broker is going to tell you its a hot ticket. They wont get your money otherwise. Its impossible to gauge the true demand of this tour until tickets have gone on sale to the general public.
But I saw another "rumor" somewhere of shows at Fleet Center Jan 13 and 15 2006. Most of the dates on hold for the 06 leg are likely return trips to the same cities and venues but they are waiting to see how many tickets are sold for the first concerts until contracts are finalized and signed
And there may be as few as 50-100 seats in the $60 range for some shows so I can see why they are so rare.

May 13th, 2005 07:20 PM
Gazza
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
I spoke with several ticket brokers today. They claim that intrest in the Stones is at it's highest level since Steel Wheels.

Just to get in the door (the $60 tickets) are going for $295 each.

There is clearly HUGE intrest in the Stones and with the break in the schedule does anybody know if the rumored third show at the Fleet Center (or whatever the hell it's called this week)is going to happen?

Brokers WOULD say that.

Its hard to judge what the public are going to do when the public sale hasnt even started yet, and based on what some people with more money than sense are prepared to give to brokers. Thats just not the same market.

I think Fenway will sell pretty fast as its the opening show plus the fact they dont do many shows there. Whether that mass public interest is quite the same in other markets is another thing.

There isnt the room for a 3rd show in Boston that week, unless they add one BEFORE Fenway.

No doubt they'll do a warm up show in some club when in rehearsal in Toronto as usual, but maybe they could do one just before opening night in the same city as the tour opener too (shades of the Double Door in Chicago in' 97)
May 13th, 2005 07:29 PM
Poison Dart I'm sure your right, it's in their intrest to say that.

On the other hand the presale tickets were gone in seconds. I have a legit connection with a ticket broker (who is normaly higher than other brokers) and he said their has been huge intrest in the Stones this week and he has no reason to bullshit me.

So I agree with what your saying but I do believe this tour is going to be huge.
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour