ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Oh my God no fucking you again!!
NYC 2005 - © Julie Jacobson
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New single better than Start Me Up Return to archive
May 13th, 2005 12:18 PM
steel driving hammer Fucking thing rocks!

It's almost too good when loud.

Tight.

Yet loose.

Thanks boys.
May 13th, 2005 12:25 PM
voodoopug
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
Fucking thing rocks!

It's almost too good when loud.

Tight.

Yet loose.

Thanks boys.

WHOA!

it is growing on me too, now trying to transcribe it to written music so it can find its way into a Voodoo Pugs show!
May 13th, 2005 12:27 PM
gimmekeef You know it keeps playing itself in my head..over and over..unlike a Stones song for a long long time...maybe its the jello on the tits....I dont know!....
May 13th, 2005 01:08 PM
billy Not so difficult: I never liked 'Start Me Up'.
'Oh no, not you again' sounds a lot better!
May 13th, 2005 01:22 PM
gimmekeef Maybe to shake things up they should open with this song?
May 13th, 2005 01:24 PM
xbr Yeah, indeed it rocks!
And you know what else I like about the Stones? Their sense of humour. I mean, many of their songs you can understand on different levels. You can understand lyrics as they are, but often there are 'tounge-in-cheek' comments. For instance: the title Oh No Not You Again can be understood as 'oh no, the Stones go for another tour'. Similar thing was with Don't Stop ('we've been playing for 40 years and we don't want to stop') or even Mixed Emotions which could be a comment on Jagger/Richards relationships those days.
Can't wait to see the Stones live!
May 13th, 2005 01:29 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Maybe to shake things up they should open with this song?

Great idea ... Warhoses are sounding tired in the opening slot, plus they need to show some confidence in the new material.
May 13th, 2005 01:33 PM
ResidentMule I'd rather they dropped SMU for this. just this one tour

not to say I like it that much better but I'm assuming this one's gonna be getting played a lot on tour
May 13th, 2005 01:36 PM
Surround Sister Yeah, dropping SMU would be a jolly good idea, indeed.
Even if it sounded surprisingly great last Tuesday it could have earn some rest. They do hundreds of songs better.
May 13th, 2005 01:39 PM
gimmekeef They'll be hard pressed to drop SMU from the large stadium shows..but arenas..yes that would be a good idea...
May 13th, 2005 02:45 PM
Snappy McJack
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

Great idea ... Warhoses are sounding tired in the opening slot, plus they need to show some confidence in the new material.

I certainly hope they don't open with something they've opened before.

And don't open with "Sympathy.." unless you are going to play it like you did in '69.
May 13th, 2005 05:03 PM
your mama crack kills!
This song is weak!
You are a pathetic mamma's bitch stating that this is better than SMU.
Get a grip ASAP!

Unless of course you were just funning and or drunk.
Then of course disregard.

Thanks
[Edited by your mama]
[Edited by your mama]
May 13th, 2005 06:54 PM
exile new song seems to be ok

not THAT good
May 13th, 2005 07:01 PM
your mama sux... (said in a high pitched, squeaky voice)
May 13th, 2005 07:05 PM
crb69 Start Me Up defines the Rolling Stones unique sound. Along with a lot of other tunes they wrote, Start Me Up is probably my favorite Stones song next to Brown Sugar and Midnight Rambler...IMO

I like the new one along with Don't Stop. Why so many hate that one is beyond me. I have to hear the studio version of Oh No before I vote on that one...
May 13th, 2005 07:13 PM
your mama I hope you didn't include the footage of the Anal Warts .

Shiver ...........................................

mama ! ™

[ Edited by mama ]
[Edited by Joey]
May 13th, 2005 07:41 PM
Soldatti Better than Start Me Up?
mmm, it's a good track but I want to hear the studio version.
May 13th, 2005 09:26 PM
Some Guy I got a little buzz on and this new song is good. Very Stonesy .

Shiver ...........................................

exileish ! ™
May 13th, 2005 10:44 PM
iluvmickjagger07 it truely is a great song but i dont think it beats "start me up". we've only heard it live so ill judge it once i hear the album version
May 14th, 2005 11:24 AM
JaggerLips Oh No Not You Again is a great song it's the new Don't Stop, even better than that one! Got good vibes about the new album!!!

Always wanted a concert to start with something more punchier than Start Me Up maybe Saint of Me???
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour