ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Oh my God no fucking you again!!
NYC 2005 - © Julie Jacobson
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Invitation to & selling of on-stage seats Return to archive
May 12th, 2005 07:58 PM
Mr Jimmy According to the latest news video on rs.com, access to the 400 on-stage seats at ALL of the stadium shows will be offered in two ways:

1) Tickets will be be sold

2) People will be invited

re: 1) Does anyone out there have any idea how they will be sold considering that ticket sales are already underway? This could be a worthwhile reason to save the special early window access code for pre May 9th memberships.

re: 2) Perhaps they'll blow our minds and engage in some kind of nice gesture and do one of those upgrades announced at the show where you get to move down from the nose bleed section to actually sitting on the stage.

Has anyone heard anything???

Also... they say that they'll be playing 90 shows which will take place in more than 36 countries, some of which they've never played before.
May 12th, 2005 08:14 PM
mac_daddy interesting...

i am gonna head over to rs.com for an update now...

thanks for the heads-up.
May 12th, 2005 09:11 PM
flexy633 If they do an invite, it might be by randomly picking people as they are walking around to get food, beer, go to the restroom, etc. This happened to me at a Tom Petty show once. I was in the 50th row and some guy who worked for Tom came up to me and my friend while we were getting a beer. Asked me to hum a few lines to a Petty song and put me in 2nd row center. We had to give our ticket stubs to two people in the lawn seats. It was awesome!

Perhaps this is how the Stones will do it? Who knows, guess we'll find out soon enough.
May 12th, 2005 09:17 PM
Gazza I really hope the "non contest" part of that deal isnt some obscenely priced package for the super rich elite. I fear that it will be.

I'm curious as to whether the contest is done as a separate deal or an upgrade for people who already have tickets - like youd have to notify them when entering that you are already going to this show.

90 shows doesnt sound enough when you consider that they have something like 33 shows already confirmed for North America, and there will probably be anything up to about 50 there in total.

Add on at least ten for Latin America, about as many again for Asia and that only leaves about 20 for Europe.

There will be at least double that amount of shows in Europe.
May 12th, 2005 09:40 PM
Gazza 36 countries?

heres a suggested list

Those that we know of so far for definite:

USA,
Canada
Puerto Rico *
Mexico
Brazil
Argentina
Chile
Japan

Those that are certainties:
UK
Sweden
Germany
Netherlands
France
Spain

Probables :
Belgium
Finland
Ireland
Italy
Austria
China
Israel *
Portugal
Czech Republic
Austria

Possibles :
Denmark
Norway
Switzerland
Greece
Turkey
Dubai *
Thailand *
Australia
New Zealand
Serbia *
Croatia
Russia
India
Korea *

* never played by the Stones before

May 12th, 2005 09:57 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Mr Jimmy wrote:
1) Tickets will be be sold

2) People will be invited

Not a good idea. Why not the second option only?
May 12th, 2005 10:06 PM
corgi37 Just as i feared. Australia is screwed.
May 13th, 2005 12:44 AM
Dan
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

Not a good idea. Why not the second option only?

Mick doesn't want all the supermodels sitting together so he's just going to sell the seats in between.
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour