ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Oh my God no fucking you again!!
NYC 2005 - © Julie Jacobson
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Need help transfering "Oh no" mp3's to iPod Return to archive
May 12th, 2005 01:48 PM
The_Worst I downloaded the mp3 of "Oh no not you again" but I can't figure out how to transfer it to my iPod. When I did the save target as it saves in a folder but I can't seem to get it into the itunes library so that I can transfer it to my iPod. Does anyone know how to do that? I love the new song and want to be able to listen to it carrying it around!! Thanks in advance!!
May 12th, 2005 02:59 PM
Saint Sway I'm bumping this bc I want to know too!!
May 12th, 2005 04:48 PM
justinkurian It's pretty easy...open up iTunes and drag the MP3 into the library. You can right click it and convert it to an AAC format (which iTunes uses to rip songs from a CD). Or you could keep it as an MP3. I don't think there's a difference in size or quality. But others may know about that stuff.

Once it's in the library and your iPod is hooked up the computer, drag the song from the library to the iPod icon.

I did the same thing last night. Sounds great. Hopefully this helps you out.
[Edited by justinkurian]
May 12th, 2005 05:14 PM
The_Worst
quote:
justinkurian wrote:
It's pretty easy...open up iTunes and drag the MP3 into the library. You can right click it and convert it to an AAC format (which iTunes uses to rip songs from a CD). Or you could keep it as an MP3. I don't think there's a difference in size or quality. But others may know about that stuff.

Once it's in the library and your iPod is hooked up the computer, drag the song from the library to the iPod icon.

I did the same thing last night. Sounds great. Hopefully this helps you out.
[Edited by justinkurian]

justinkurian,
Thanks for the info! How do you change it to AAC format? (I've never heard of that). Do you right click on the link or on the file after I've saved it to my harddrive? Do you go into properties or something like that?

Also, you said open up iTunes and drag it into the library. Do you have to "import" to do this? I don't recall seeing the directory with the file on my harddrive on the main iTunes screen.

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE HELP!!!
May 12th, 2005 10:16 PM
justinkurian The Worst,

Say you saved the song in your 'My Music' folder. Open that up and iTunes. Make both of the screens the same size so you can have them side by side.

In iTunes, click on the Library section. From the 'My Music' folder, grab the song and drag it to the iTunes screen. It will show up in the library. It's pretty easy.

I don't know if you rip your songs from CD through iTunes when you want the songs specifically for the iPod (I do). If you do, most probably, it is saving it in a format called AAC. If you want continuity, once the MP3 is in the library, you can right click it and hit 'Convert to AAC'. Then you can delete the MP3 version from iTunes (it won't delete the copy that's saved to your hard drive). Hope this helps - any questions PM me.
[Edited by justinkurian]
[Edited by justinkurian]
May 13th, 2005 11:27 AM
gimmekeef Justin....appreciate the info too!..the ITunes are mp4 and I cant get them to work with Nero and other mp3's WMA's without burning them form Itunes then ripping them together with mp3s from other sources.Is there a way to convert Itues mp4's to WMA'S or mp3's.?...Hope this isnt too confusing..Thanks in advance...
May 13th, 2005 11:45 AM
The_Worst
quote:
justinkurian wrote:
The Worst,

Say you saved the song in your 'My Music' folder. Open that up and iTunes. Make both of the screens the same size so you can have them side by side.

In iTunes, click on the Library section. From the 'My Music' folder, grab the song and drag it to the iTunes screen. It will show up in the library. It's pretty easy.

I don't know if you rip your songs from CD through iTunes when you want the songs specifically for the iPod (I do). If you do, most probably, it is saving it in a format called AAC. If you want continuity, once the MP3 is in the library, you can right click it and hit 'Convert to AAC'. Then you can delete the MP3 version from iTunes (it won't delete the copy that's saved to your hard drive). Hope this helps - any questions PM me.
[Edited by justinkurian]
[Edited by justinkurian]

Justinkurian,

Thank you very much! I got it working now!!

The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour