ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Oh my God no fucking you again!!
NYC 2005 - © Julie Jacobson
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: One Hit To The Body Return to archive
May 12th, 2005 10:56 AM
Voodoo Scrounge All I ever hear is bad thing about Dirty Work and on the whole I would have to agree that it isnt a very solid album. However I do really like One Hit To The Body. I think its got some great licks in there and some great guitar work. Although I am lead to believe that Jimmy Paige played a lot of guitar on that single. Am I right?
Do you guys really not like it at all?
May 12th, 2005 11:15 AM
gotdablouse Yes, it got everyone very excited when DW was released in 1986...I guess we all feel a bit silly in hindsight...hard not to like a new Stones album !

It's badly spoilt of course by the crappy 80s productions and especially the backing vocals. As far as I know Jimmy Page only plays the solo that got overdubbed in NYC in the summer of 85 around the time of Live Aid.
May 12th, 2005 11:26 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I love the guitar licks on One Hit To The Body and Im glad to hear that Jimmy Paige's guitars were dubbed. I dont want to be unfaithful to keith you see!

Its a real shame that the Stones didnt get it together at Live Aid.
They were in exactly the same stage in their career then that Queen were. Slightly stale and a bit past it. However, Queen played live aid and after that couldnt do anything wrong. I belive that Live Aid was the foundation upon which Queens reputation as a great Rock band is based.The Stones were in the same boat. They could have got together strummed a few old classics and who knows, they could have taken off again soon. We might of ended up with another great 80s stones album.
May 12th, 2005 11:29 AM
J.J.Flash Although I still don't have guts enough to buy Dirty Work, even bein a frenzy, purist fan (maybe that's the reason), One Hit to The Body is of course one of the most raw Stones songs of all time, absolutely hard rockin' baby. Fantastic!
May 12th, 2005 11:33 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Im so glad to hear someone else say the same thing as me about the song.
I love the begining, truly hardcore, unforgivable, brain hurting, flesh eating rock licks.

Tremendous.

Dont bother buying dirty work. The rest is shit. Harlem Shuffle may be excused.
I would like to hear the stones try One Hit live. Have they ever tried it in the past? Is ther footage/recordings of it?
May 12th, 2005 11:42 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
Im so glad to hear someone else say the same thing as me about the song.
[...]

Oh, the feeling is reciprocal as you really know the truth of the Rock'n'Roll rawness, prizing You Got Me Rockin' like Jay.
May 12th, 2005 01:22 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
Im so glad to hear someone else say the same thing as me about the song.
I love the begining, truly hardcore, unforgivable, brain hurting, flesh eating rock licks.
I would like to hear the stones try One Hit live. Have they ever tried it in the past? Is ther footage/recordings of it?

THEY PLAYED ONE HIT EARLY IN THE STEEL WHEELS 89 TOUR.
HAVE A BOOT OF PHILLY 8-31-89 SOUNDS PRETTY GOOD.
NO MORE BLASPHEMIZING DIRTY WORK PLEASE.
May 12th, 2005 02:19 PM
Joey
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
All I ever hear is bad thing about Dirty Work and on the whole I would have to agree that it isnt a very solid album. However I do really like One Hit To The Body. I think its got some great licks in there and some great guitar work. Although I am lead to believe that Jimmy Paige played a lot of guitar on that single. Am I right?
Do you guys really not like it at all?

Man looks into the abyss and sees the " Dirty Work " album staring up at him . It is at THIS point that man finds his character and THAT is what keeps man OUT of the abyss .

JACKY !
May 12th, 2005 02:50 PM
CraigP I bought it out of curiosity. I like it, for the most part. Especially FIGHT! I wish the Stones rocked as hard as on that album.
May 12th, 2005 03:15 PM
billy

well done joey

May 12th, 2005 03:17 PM
Joey
quote:
billy wrote:

well done joey

Thanks Billy
( Rocks Off Member )

May 12th, 2005 03:18 PM
billy joey after listening to Dirty Work

[Edited by billy]
May 12th, 2005 07:41 PM
Stonesmillenium2001 it has some good songs. It doesn't have the strength of Tattoo You.
May 12th, 2005 08:04 PM
Steamboat Bill, Jr.
quote:
Dont bother buying dirty work. The rest is shit. Harlem Shuffle may be excused.

"Harlem Shuffle" may not be excused, it's lame and it sucks. "One Hit" is ok but sounds too 80ish to me. "Had It with You" is the best track on the album and should be revived this tour.
May 12th, 2005 09:15 PM
Maxlugar I often wonder what kind of pussy-ass faggoty Paul Linde/ Peter Allen type Stones fan can't like slashing, loud hot guitars and howling Mick Jagger vocals and raw hard rock that spews such glorious anger and venom.

It's these threads that give me my answer.

Thanks!

Maxlugar - Internet Gargantuan/ Emu enthusiast.

[Edited by Maxlugar]
May 12th, 2005 09:35 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
I often wonder what kind of pussy-ass faggoty Paul Linde/ Peter Allen type Stones fan can't like slashing, loud hot guitars and howling Mick Jagger vocals and raw hard rock that spews such glorious anger and venom.

Thanks!

Maxlugar - Interner Gargantuan/ Emu enthusiast.

THANKS MAXY-I CANT FIGHT THIS HATE ANYMORE ON MY OWN.
THE SNARL, MOTHERFUCKERS!!
May 12th, 2005 09:52 PM
Soldatti Half of Dirty Work is great, including One Hit as the best of the bunch.
May 13th, 2005 05:32 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Would be very interested in getting hold of that bootleg
May 13th, 2005 09:09 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
I often wonder what kind of pussy-ass faggoty Paul Linde/ Peter Allen type Stones fan can't like slashing, loud hot guitars and howling Mick Jagger vocals and raw hard rock that spews such glorious anger and venom.

Thanks!

Maxlugar - Interner Gargantuan/ Emu enthusiast.

Thank God that the likes of Maxlugar enjoy Hard Rocks like You Got Me Rockin'. I have such a comfortable feeling that Jay is not alone in this evil world.

It is cristal clear that Maxlugar knows the truth of all the rawness of Rock'n'Roll, the way it meant to be played.

This man appreciate it and is humbly thankful.
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour