ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Oh my God no fucking you again!!
NYC 2005 - © Julie Jacobson
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Is Oh, no not you again the lead single? Return to archive
May 11th, 2005 10:24 PM
Poison Dart I like what I heard from the song (it's tough to say because the live feed wasn't the greatest) but I don't know if it's good enough to be the lead single.

Does anybody know if this is the lead single?
May 11th, 2005 10:27 PM
Madafaka Yes, I think this one will be the lead single. Better than DS, of course!
May 12th, 2005 08:06 AM
gimmekeef I dont think it could be with the F word in there....if its really part of the lyrics...
May 12th, 2005 08:24 AM
Gazza
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
I like what I heard from the song (it's tough to say because the live feed wasn't the greatest) but I don't know if it's good enough to be the lead single.

Does anybody know if this is the lead single?

No indication that it will be.

I think they just wanted to play a raw rocker that was new and that suited the stripped down sound of the band on Tuesday.

I doubt it'll be a single, with those lyrics unless they change them on the released version. There was also a reference to ' jello... on your tit' in the last verse. (It was a bloody awful line anyway, to be honest..up there with 'sharks will cry')
May 12th, 2005 08:28 AM
Madafaka Do you think they played a song that will not be the lead single? Weird!

[Edited by Madafaka]
May 12th, 2005 08:36 AM
Nasty Habits Truth to tell, G, ALL the lyrics I could make out were just awful.

I sure hope they just picked a random, raw rocker off the album. If this is the best single they can come up with for their new album then they gone. But then again, how anyone can tell that this song is better or worse than "Don't Stop" from a 30 second clip of a live version recorded in a three song set played in that weird a setting has either got better ears or is more deluded than me.
May 12th, 2005 08:40 AM
Gazza I've the whole performance downloaded Nasty so I deferred judgement on any of the show until I heard the whole thing.

I'd also prefer to hear the released version of "Oh No.." until I judge it properly. I thought it was enjoyable musically, but I thought some of the lyrics were trite and juvenile.

But still.....I was glad they played it!

May 12th, 2005 08:42 AM
Gazza
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
Do you think they played a song that will not be the lead single? Weird!

They're probably about two months at least from releasing a single, the album isnt finished or titled and they wont even know what tracks are definitely on it as yet, so it wouldnt surprise me if it wasnt the first single.
May 12th, 2005 09:45 AM
Moonisup
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I think they just wanted to play a raw rocker that was new and that suited the stripped down sound of the band on Tuesday.

I doubt it'll be a single, with those lyrics unless they change them on the released version. There was also a reference to ' jello... on your tit' in the last verse. (It was a bloody awful line anyway, to be honest..up there with 'sharks will cry')

very true,
it won't be played alot, cos it had the work fuck, but could shouldn't have to be on the album version. I also doubt that it would be the single. I'm hoping for a more "melodic" stonessong, like ASMB
May 12th, 2005 09:50 AM
FotiniD Anyone got the lyrics to the new song?
May 12th, 2005 09:54 AM
Moonisup I found it very hard to hear, but I did catch the Jellow tit thing, that Gary pointed out
May 12th, 2005 09:56 AM
MrPleasant The song isn't a masterpiece of wit, but who listens to the Stones for the lyrics, anyway? -- at this point. They could have made them funnier, though, at least.

I don't think "Oh no" will be the new single, mainly because of the dreadful *f* word.
May 12th, 2005 10:48 AM
IanBillen [quote]Gazza wrote:

"I'm turining to jello > staring at your tits."

I like that line.

Ian
May 12th, 2005 10:51 AM
Gazza is that what it was? It was hard to make out - thanks.

Quite funny, but sounds a bit creepy coming from anyone over the age of 16, let alone 61!
[Edited by Gazza]
May 12th, 2005 01:09 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
Truth to tell, G, ALL the lyrics I could make out were just awful.

I sure hope they just picked a random, raw rocker off the album. If this is the best single they can come up with for their new album then they gone. But then again, how anyone can tell that this song is better or worse than "Don't Stop" from a 30 second clip of a live version recorded in a three song set played in that weird a setting has either got better ears or is more deluded than me.

Hopefully this was just a teaser and wasn't the best they've to offer after an 8 year hiatus and were just giving us a lil taste of sounds to come in the near future on the new album and tour

Love the up front, old skool, Stonesy-Berryesque riffage though, but I have admit overall ONNYA sounds sorta
"album fillerish" to me, well maybe not that bad, but fo sho not single worthy

[Edited by Bloozehound]
May 12th, 2005 01:59 PM
muddy I don't think just because it was the word "fuck" in the lyrics it precludes it from being a single.

Usually if there is any "objectionable" words, they just release a radio edit version of the single.
May 12th, 2005 05:50 PM
Some Guy there has to be something better after 8 years. C'mon! Is that all there is?
May 12th, 2005 06:42 PM
iluvmickjagger07 i cant get this song out of my head! all day long its been on repeat in my head
May 12th, 2005 06:56 PM
CraigP It's been in my head too. I love it. Very Stones. Jammin'!
May 12th, 2005 07:33 PM
Keefj200 I've got to believe they played the new single. Why would they do anything else? The song will grow on you. The recorded version will be cleaned up. If you are going to play a new song at your PC.......it's going to be the single!
May 12th, 2005 09:43 PM
Soldatti This song is perfect for open the album, but I don't know if is a good choice for the first single. It's too raw and dirty for the radios, it can work well on stage though.
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour