ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Oh my God no fucking you again!!
NYC 2005 - © Julie Jacobson
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Media Coverage Return to archive
May 11th, 2005 05:51 PM
glencar This press conference worked out well. The news coverage in the NYC area has been huge, for once. The Licks PC was fun to attend but got just a fleeting mention. This one was covered on all our local TV news shows, at least 2 of the national morning chat shows & CNN. My local oldies station actually played a few seconds of the new song from yesterday. Floored the shiite out of me. The classic rock station asked who else belonged on "Mount Rockmore" & besides the RS they added the Rutles, Zep & U2.
May 11th, 2005 06:48 PM
Some Guy jb must be turning over in his proverbial, self imposed grave.
[Edited by Some Guy]
May 11th, 2005 06:51 PM
glencar Nah, he'll just spin it another way!
May 11th, 2005 07:58 PM
Some Guy How'd you get all them posts?
May 11th, 2005 07:59 PM
glencar Practice, practice, practice...
May 11th, 2005 09:37 PM
Dan Who?
May 11th, 2005 10:19 PM
Poison Dart The Stones are getting a HUGE amount of attention in the Boston area.

Not only is the tour getting huge media attention it seems everyone from local radio and tv to co workers who don't care aboout the Stones one way ore the other are taking about the band.

So far this is the best press they are getting since the Steel Wheels tour.

Let's just hope the album kicks ass to go along with what is sure to be a huge tour.
May 11th, 2005 10:45 PM
Soldatti BIG coverage in Argentina...
May 11th, 2005 11:43 PM
Angiegirl Standard 'new tour announced' coverage in Holland, few seconds to 2 minutes items of songs+PC on Dutch national news, Dutch entertainment news show, Belgian entertainment show, German national news evening magazin, stuff like that. Mostly showing the BBC-Welsh guy money question and Mick's reponse plus Keith's 'You can have the money pal'. This bit is very popular in Europe . They're all mostly very sceptical about it, cynical, that's probably why they all show the BBC money question, either that or they report neutral. Small pieces in newspapers too.

Nothing big, but that's common here as the whole thing is still far away for Europe, the media start to warm up when Dutch ticket sales are in view (December), lay low for another few months, start up again when tour hits Europe next year, climax when Stones play Holland of course (as do their fans )...

[Edited by Angiegirl]
May 12th, 2005 12:03 AM
Madafaka Big coverage in Argentina, like Soldatti said. Tv, radio, newspapers and internet. Everybody is talking about their next tour here and we all are very excited!
May 12th, 2005 12:07 AM
Angiegirl I guess Holland is spoiled...
You must be so glad they finally come down there!!
May 12th, 2005 12:10 AM
Madafaka I'm really very, very happy Angie. I'll try to do the complete South American tour.
I was waiting for since April '98!
May 12th, 2005 02:12 AM
Happy Motherfucker!! The Stones are all over the place here in Virginia, news papers, radio, TV, you name it. This is their first VA show since 81' and the ole Commonwealth is raising a big fuss about it. Stones fevor is running high here and to be expected. They're already having ticket give aways at local radio stations and every local news have covered it very well with not one bad remark regarding age ect. Scott Stadium is going to be one of the hottes tickets for the tour I can assure you of that! Virginia is not only for lovers, but for Stones lovers as well!
May 12th, 2005 05:29 PM
glencar I'm glad to see them hitting some states they ahven't done in a while. I'm a bit surprised they're not doing more shows in the South. Where's NOLA? Alabama?
May 12th, 2005 05:55 PM
littleredrooster
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
I guess Holland is spoiled...
You must be so glad they finally come down there!!

Holland may be spoiled, but a Stones Fan has not LIVED until he/she experiences a concert or two in Holland!!

There is NO greater frenzy for Rock n Roll !!!!
May 12th, 2005 05:58 PM
Some Guy They are all over 96 Rock in the Atl!
May 12th, 2005 06:01 PM
Dan
quote:
glencar wrote:
I'm glad to see them hitting some states they ahven't done in a while. I'm a bit surprised they're not doing more shows in the South. Where's NOLA? Alabama?

These tend to be soft markets these days. Not sure a promotor would want to risk it. I think Birmingham and New Orleans were half empty on the Voodoo Lounge tour.
May 12th, 2005 09:34 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Dan wrote:
I think Birmingham and New Orleans were half empty on the Voodoo Lounge tour.

The sold more than 32,000 tickets there for each show.
May 12th, 2005 09:47 PM
Dan
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

The sold more than 32,000 tickets there for each show.

Yeah but if you look at the economics of the matter - its not how many people are willing to come but how much they are willing to pay.
If only 32,000 show up at "normal" prices in 1994, how many are going to show up for $160-450 even if they are in an arena or something?
Maybe they will do some more shows there from Jan - Feb though it looks like they may be booked for return trips to cities where they have no problems selling tickets.
May 13th, 2005 12:27 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
littleredrooster wrote:
Holland may be spoiled, but a Stones Fan has not LIVED until he/she experiences a concert or two in Holland!!

Won't argue with that
May 13th, 2005 07:12 AM
Factory Girl Glenny, I think were few people in Ala. and Nola can afford Stones tix prices. Their tour is geographically focused on the high-income areas.

May 13th, 2005 10:03 AM
glencar FG, the country with the second highest level of millionaires is Mexico. Even places w/o lotsa cash have enough people who can afford the better things in life.
May 13th, 2005 11:28 AM
Factory Girl Interesting point.

I'm trying for MCI on 5/14 with the unwashed masses.

I think MCI will be my only Stones show.

My car has issues, so that will be $$$.
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour