ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Oh my God no fucking you again!!
NYC 2005 - © Julie Jacobson
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Whole new song Return to archive
May 11th, 2005 05:48 PM
Back Street Girl http://users.telenet.be/The.Rolling.Stones.Belgium/newsong.html
May 11th, 2005 05:49 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
Back Street Girl wrote:
http://users.telenet.be/The.Rolling.Stones.Belgium/newsong.html

many thanks, i got to hear it now !!
May 11th, 2005 05:52 PM
glencar You can also hear it at rollingstones.com!
May 11th, 2005 05:53 PM
glencar Oh I see, it's the entire thang! Levermind...
May 11th, 2005 05:55 PM
MrPleasant Sweet.
May 11th, 2005 05:55 PM
glencar Indeed.
May 11th, 2005 06:29 PM
Tom Thank you thank you thank you
May 11th, 2005 06:38 PM
Some Guy ok ok its got a nice groove and I can dance to it. I hope this ain't the best they got!
May 11th, 2005 07:36 PM
Some Guy I'm starting to like it! The studio version will sound great! Very Stonesy
May 11th, 2005 10:10 PM
Madafaka Thank you BSG!
May 11th, 2005 10:38 PM
Soldatti Thanks!
The new song is cool, the Keith solo is a bit short but great and the overall sound is good. I have hopes in the studio version.
May 11th, 2005 10:39 PM
Soldatti Thanks!
The new song is cool, the Keith solo is a bit short but great and the overall sound is good. I have hopes in the studio version.
May 12th, 2005 03:53 AM
Honky Tonk Man THANK YOU BACK STREET GIRL!

A great rocking tune with Keith in Chuck Berry mode!
May 12th, 2005 04:49 AM
Gazza some of the lyrics are pretty banal (especially in the last verse) but I've been singin' it to myself ever since I downloaded the whole show on dimeadozen yesterday and playing the 3-song set over and over

I guess thats a good sign!
May 12th, 2005 04:56 AM
IanBillen [quote]Gazza wrote:
some of the lyrics are pretty banal (especially in the last verse) but I've been singin' it to myself ever since I downloaded the whole show on dimeadozen yesterday and playing the 3-song set over and over

I guess thats a good sign!
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ok finally. So you like it!

P.S. As you probably already know: Album isn't finished yet as you correctly speculated. I thought it had to be. Mick says otherwise. Only 85% finished. Who do I believe? Myself, or Mick? I guess on this one I gotta go with Mick being as he was there and I was not....schucks.

Ian
May 12th, 2005 05:04 AM
Gazza LOL.

I have to say when I heard Mick saying it was "85% finished" you were the first person I thought of..!

I was VERY impressed by how good the Stones sounded on Tuesday. I never thought I'd be impressed by "Start Me Up" again in my life and "Brown Sugar" was simply out of this world. It doesnt NEED the sax solo for them to do it justice in concert
May 12th, 2005 06:13 AM
maumau some impressions on it

this was yesterday:
"i've been listening to the whole song for a ehile now
and i think it's good, pretty good
not a masterpiece maybe but if you compare with news songs on 40licks and the last "first song to be heard" of B2b, well...
what i like is the fact - unbelievable for modern mick - that there seems to be no bridge in the song
so it has in some ways the structure of classic stones rock and rollers as rip this joint or things from somegirls
when it comes to the bridge mick often go flat and obvious, here you have no bullshit just 2min > then a classic berrystyle solo and then 2 min
they fucked uo the end of the song so we don't know
this song makes me more and more curious of the album
also i think that even if i liked it very much so raw, it can be even better in the studio version because they can add flavours and spices to this raw meat
i'm curious also because there was some work of keith guitar that was pretty interesting because during the breaks of the song he went in some unpredictable directions - don't know if it is casual - but got me curious

so...it sounds familiar - that could mean average but also reassuring - but there are also some interesting twists

for comparison: i got tired of don't stop after listening twice - i'm listening to oh no! since yesterday and i'm not getting tired but curious"

this is today

"so things go this way by now:

1) i have this "oh no, not you again" stuck into my mind and i walk mumbling it to myself

2) i am more and more postive about the fact that i like this way better than don't stop and the others on licks, ASMB and YGMR (to which someone has compared it). My immediate reaction to those tracks was disappointment and time has not changed it, so i take this as a good sign (for me obv )

3) i think it can be filed under the flip the switch, too tight, love is strong type but it is a little bit more catchy than those

4) i think mick could be (maybe be he has been on record) more funny and layered in singing that oh no! not you again (something like falsetto or more ironic anyway). he went too flat (as he's been on rockers for a long while now)

5) i think the chuckberry solo of keith was neat

6) i think there sure was more than a bum note

7) i like it, as it is only rock and roll, that is just "relatively relevant" "
May 12th, 2005 07:27 AM
Gazza some of it reminded me a bit of the Stones' version of Lonely at The Top
May 12th, 2005 08:19 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Gazza wrote:
[...]
I was VERY impressed by how good the Stones sounded on Tuesday. I never thought I'd be impressed by "Start Me Up" again in my life and "Brown Sugar" was simply out of this world. [...]

Gary....

we agree in everything.......

For this great new song, I'm sure will sound even better as a studio version, in the same scale of comparision, if you get Flip The Switch for instance.

[Edited by J.J.Flash]
May 13th, 2005 06:14 PM
your mama bringing the weakness
May 13th, 2005 06:26 PM
your mama singing the cheddar
May 13th, 2005 06:30 PM
your mama New title
Bringing the Cheddar
as in cheesey
May 13th, 2005 06:54 PM
billy When Chuck arrives they can finish the last 15 %
May 13th, 2005 06:55 PM
your mama quote:glencar wrote:
I feel so much better!

Batter Up !

May 13th, 2005 07:47 PM
Soldatti
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
For this great new song, I'm sure will sound even better as a studio version, in the same scale of comparision, if you get Flip The Switch for instance.

Oh No... with the Flip the switch tempo will be killer.
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour