ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Oh my God no fucking you again!!
NYC 2005 - © Julie Jacobson
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What Cohl said yesterday about the tour plans Return to archive
May 11th, 2005 05:16 PM
Gazza Having just downloaded the press conference performance, for those of you who didnt/havent got it all, Michael Cohl explained the following

The North American tour will take in around 40 cities (so far theyve confirmed 32). The first part will run from August 21st through December 1st

Instead of the 3 types of shows in one city this time, maybe ONE type of show per city so that more cities in America gets to see the band.

start up in the US from January 7th through February 7th
then Puerto Rico, Mexico, Buenos Aires, Rio and other parts of South America, Japan, hopefully get to China this time around, be ready at the end of April for a break, take off the month of May, then tour Europe June, July and August. ending up around 1 year from the time that they started.

90% of the ticket prices (ie the non Gold Circle ones) will average $100-105

Public sales begin Saturday 14th May and will roll out every weekend for the next month by which time the entire tour will be on sale (presumably he means the North American ones)
May 11th, 2005 05:26 PM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:

The North American tour will take in around 40 cities (so far theyve confirmed 32). The first part will run from August 21st through December 1st

Instead of the 3 types of shows in one city this time, maybe ONE type of show per city so that more cities in America gets to see the band.

start up in the US from January 7th through February 7th
then Puerto Rico, Mexico, Buenos Aires, Rio and other parts of South America, Japan, hopefully get to China this time around, be ready at the end of April for a break, take off the month of May, then tour Europe June, July and August. ending up around 1 year from the time that they started.

Public sales begin Saturday 14th May and will roll out every weekend for the next month by which time the entire tour will be on sale (presumably he means the North American ones)

I hear Omaha is CONFIRMED for January 2006

I hear things ......................

Some Things ......................
May 11th, 2005 05:27 PM
Riffhard I got that Gazza,but where did I hear that they were going to be playing the Garden in Feb? I know I heardthat from a reliable source,but I'll be damned if I can remember who the hell it was.

Riffhard
May 11th, 2005 05:28 PM
Joey
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
I got that Gazza,but where did I hear that they were going to be playing the Garden in Feb? I know I heardthat from a reliable source,but I'll be damned if I can remember who the hell it was.

Riffhard

They may END North America at THE GARDEN !!!!!
May 11th, 2005 05:43 PM
glencar IORR site claims 2 MSG shows in Jan. I'll see ya there!
May 11th, 2005 05:45 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
IORR site claims 2 MSG shows in Jan. I'll see ya there!

Two Omaha gigs also .....?!?!

Huh ?
May 11th, 2005 05:45 PM
Riffhard
quote:
glencar wrote:
IORR site claims 2 MSG shows in Jan. I'll see ya there!

Now were talkin' Blue! Hells yeah I'll be there for both of them bastards! I need to start saving my duckets right now. YOTI II perhaps? Gazza you in? New York City is beautiful in January!

Riffhard
May 11th, 2005 05:46 PM
glencar You are to laugh!
May 11th, 2005 05:47 PM
glencar NYC beeyootifull in January? Even I don't claim that! I will be there for at least one of the shows. Unless they do a telecast. No sense showing up for that.
May 11th, 2005 06:07 PM
Riffhard
quote:
glencar wrote:
NYC beeyootifull in January? Even I don't claim that! I will be there for at least one of the shows. Unless they do a telecast. No sense showing up for that.

New York is beautiful in January provided the Stones are in town Blue! Obviously that's what I meant!

Riffhard
May 11th, 2005 06:30 PM
Gazza
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Now were talkin' Blue! Hells yeah I'll be there for both of them bastards! I need to start saving my duckets right now. YOTI II perhaps? Gazza you in? New York City is beautiful in January!

Riffhard

Depends on a few things.

At the minute, if theyre playing 3 types of shows in the NY area (including a theatre gig) in September and 2 MSG shows in January, I'll be trying for September as I want the theatre show. Thats basically the carrot thats dangling to make me go to NY in September instad of January. If I get tickets for that, I should be at all 3 NY shows that month. Jaxx is planning to do the same.

If I dont get in, I'd prefer the January shows (assuming they come off). Flights are about $200 cheaper for starters and I would much prefer 2 nights at MSG to 1 MSG and 1 stadium show which would be the option for September.

the fact that NY in January will probably be so cold as to make my nuts go blue doesnt bother me too much.

Id love to do other cities too, especially Chicago, but I've committed to going to NY if I'm going at all and I simply havent got the time off work and the $$ (let alone the OK from the missus!) to go over twice THIS time around.

Hopefully I'll be over in EITHER September or January.
[Edited by Gazza]
May 11th, 2005 06:36 PM
Some Guy Tickets go on sale this sat morn in Atl for a Sat night oct 15th show! Bitches!
May 11th, 2005 06:54 PM
glencar Some Guy, I already got my tix for THAT show!
May 11th, 2005 06:59 PM
mac_daddy would you like to know what the weather is likely to be like here is early november..? aome days it is the nicest weather on the planet...

May 11th, 2005 07:11 PM
Snappy McJack Michael Cohl is full of crap. He's saying they'll play 40 cities, but now he's factoring in the "technicalities" (i.e. they counted E.Rutherford as NY show on Licks; now they'll factor it as a New Jersey show). They played over 30 North American cities last tour, not 19:

Boston
Foxboro
Chicago
Philadelphia,
Upper Darby
New York
East Rutherford
Landover
Hartford
Detroit, MI
Cleveland, OH
Toronto, ON
Columbus, OH
Sunrise (Fort Lauderdale, near Miami)
Miami, FL
Atlanta, GA
Los Angeles, CA
Anaheim (Los Angeles
Tacoma (Near Seattle
San Francisco, CA
Oakland
San Diego
Las Vegas, NV
San Antonio
Nashville, TN
Montreal
Pittsburgh, PA
Houston, TX
Oklahoma City
Phoenix, AZ
Denver, CO
San Jose, CA

[Edited by Snappy McJack]
May 11th, 2005 07:27 PM
Some Guy
quote:
glencar wrote:
Some Guy, I already got my tix for THAT show!

lets kick it, G!
May 11th, 2005 07:35 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
He's saying they'll play 40 cities, but now he's factoring in the "technicalities" (i.e. they counted E.Rutherford as NY show on Licks; now they'll factor it as a New Jersey show). They played over 30 North American cities last tour, not 19

good point. he certainly is playing it both ways...
May 11th, 2005 07:49 PM
Snappy McJack Think about it. The tour isn't all that different than Licks, except for a few "substitutes". Of course, I'm going off of the dates so far; I'm sure there will be more added, but most likely shows in the cities that are already mentioned (dates on the 2005 tour are the *'s):

Upper Darby (close to Philly)--*Hershey fills in for this
Landover (DC)-- *MCI Center fills in for this
Cleveland, OH--*Charlottesville fills in
Sunrise (Fort Lauderdale, near Miami)-- *Tampa
Tacoma (Near Seattle)-- *Seattle
Oakland-- *Fresno
San Antonio-- *Dallas
Nashville, TN-- *St.Paul, MN
Montreal-- *Moncton
Oklahoma City-- *Milwaukee
Phoenix, AZ-- *Glendale
San Jose, CA-- *Utah

The adds:
*Portland
*Calgary
*Charlotte

So what they really did was substitute cities for cities; they aren't necessarily playing in more cities (well, obviously it will be a little more, but not as expansive as Cohl made it to be). Was Cohl confident with the selling point? I'm sure it's not a big deal, but it's definitely not more of an extensive tour than Licks. The rumors aren't calling for more than what hasn't been listed (except for St.Louis; and Vegas hasn't been listed, but it's a lock).
[Edited by Snappy McJack]
May 11th, 2005 09:40 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Snappy McJack wrote:
The adds:
*Portland
*Calgary
*Charlotte

And Ottawa. Last time they played there was 24 April, 1965!

May 11th, 2005 11:09 PM
corgi37 Well, looks like Oz is fucked.

The pricks!
May 11th, 2005 11:52 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
New York City is beautiful in January!

I flew to MSG for 2 shows in January 1998 and I had 2 days of cold wind and rain and the night of the final show it snowed as well...

But hey, at least I got to sit 2 rows closer to the stage than the Spice Girls!!

May 11th, 2005 11:58 PM
Madafaka
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
I got to sit 2 rows closer to the stage than the Spice Girls!!

Lucky you...
[Edited by Madafaka]
May 12th, 2005 12:03 AM
Angiegirl Yeah. Mel B (the dark one) even said: 'Cool shirt!' to me, I was wearing a ladies T with the purple spikey tong . I cherish those moments forever! They sat for a few minutes before the show, then went backstage for 20 minutes, and returned when the show started. Then they only stayed on for 2 or 3 songs, just 2 of them stayed longer, but left after the 6th song as well. A whole row was cleared for them (5 persons and personal security), fans were outraged about it. A whole row unavailable to fans, and for just 5 people who stay for a few songs...
May 12th, 2005 12:08 AM
Madafaka The famous celebrities lifestyles...
'God gives bread to people without teeth'
May 12th, 2005 04:56 AM
Gazza
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Yeah. Mel B (the dark one) even said: 'Cool shirt!' to me, I was wearing a ladies T with the purple spikey tong . I cherish those moments forever! They sat for a few minutes before the show, then went backstage for 20 minutes, and returned when the show started. Then they only stayed on for 2 or 3 songs, just 2 of them stayed longer, but left after the 6th song as well. A whole row was cleared for them (5 persons and personal security), fans were outraged about it. A whole row unavailable to fans, and for just 5 people who stay for a few songs...

I remember when those shows took place and it was right in the middle of the whole Spice Girls press obsession in the UK and the fact that they went to see the Stones in NY actually got TV coverage - for the Spice Girls of course, not the Stones. At that time, if they as much as farted in the bathtub it made the press (in Victoria's case, its still the same - except that she will probably phone the press to tell them)

I'd no idea about this story about them getting a few rows and then only staying for a few songs. I'd have been apoplectic had I heard this at the time.

Mind you, the girls were quoted as saying they thought the Stones were fantastic.

Where ARE they now, eh? LOL
May 12th, 2005 08:40 AM
Madafaka They're spending their money somewhere, surely!
May 12th, 2005 10:34 AM
Gazza well....one of them is spending David Beckham's....
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour