ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Oh my God no fucking you again!!
NYC 2005 - © Julie Jacobson
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: lisa fischer Return to archive Page: 1 2
May 11th, 2005 03:32 PM
frannie monkey man who are going to be the other band members i hope lisa is going on tour she,s so hot and that voice.
May 11th, 2005 03:59 PM
Irresistible-Lady I hope she stay at home..i would like to hear the Stones..and not her..i don't like women singing..
May 11th, 2005 04:15 PM
Steel Wheels Leave them all at home. The Rolling Stones need no back ups.
May 11th, 2005 04:17 PM
CraigP I think she should stay home also... AND bernard, Blondie, Chuck, and all those other assholes up there.
May 11th, 2005 04:18 PM
Steel Wheels I'm not interested in any of them. Just the Stones.

May 11th, 2005 04:24 PM
moy just bobby and someone playing a real piano
May 11th, 2005 04:39 PM
Gazza I would bet that the band will consist of the usual personnel.

There is no way that the Stones in 2005 are going to go on the road without Chuck Leavell
May 11th, 2005 04:41 PM
Back Street Girl
quote:
Gazza wrote:

There is no way that the Stones in 2005 are going to go on the road without Chuck Leavell

May 11th, 2005 04:56 PM
wisertime Only the 4 Stones + Darryl Jones !! They proved yesterday that it's the best way for their sound.
May 11th, 2005 04:59 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I would bet that the band will consist of the usual personnel.

Why you need to burst my bubble Gary!?! WHY!?!?!?

I was so damn excited.... and now THIS?!?

Sniff!
May 11th, 2005 07:23 PM
iluvmickjagger07 i dont care at all if they come bc i wont even notice theyre there. ill mainly be focusing on the stones
May 11th, 2005 07:26 PM
kath yeah, i seldom notice anybody else...except bernard of course...mmmmmmmmmm bernard.......

i hope chuck doesn't play honky tonk women with his feet again, though......

yech!!
May 12th, 2005 11:42 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I dont mind Lisa. Shes got a very strong voice. She makes Gimme Shelter the powerful song that it is live.
I dont understand the point of Blondie. He certainly isnt there for his looks is he.
Bernard should stay at home too. Good singer...Not a stone.
Chuck... yes but turn him down
Bobby and the boys... a bit dated now
May 12th, 2005 11:45 AM
Gazza Bernard is basically there as a vocal cover/shadow for Mick as he sings in a similar style, apparently

Blondie does something similar for Keith.

Chuck is needed for the intros as none of the band can count to four
May 12th, 2005 11:48 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Gazza wrote:
[...]

LOL.... you sharpy lately Gazza
May 12th, 2005 11:48 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I dont think that Mick needs Bernard Fowler. I feel that his voice is getting stronger. They say that this happens with age. Elton John is the same.

I dont want the stones to sound too polished and preened. Sometimes its good to hear a bum note or a fuck up. Reminds you that its live and that anything can happen
May 12th, 2005 11:49 AM
Gazza
quote:
wisertime wrote:
Only the 4 Stones + Darryl Jones !! They proved yesterday that it's the best way for their sound.

well, theyve always had a keyboard/piano player in their live act and the songs in their repertoire need one.

They can get away with a 3-song set like they did yesterday but I couldnt imagine a full length show without keyboards of any kind.

A stripped down show would be nice, although whether they could musically sustain a two hour show for a year and keep it fresh and interesting with just a five/six piece band is debatable.

As a side point - was Tuesday the first time the Stones have ever performed live WITHOUT a keyboard player?
[Edited by Gazza]
May 12th, 2005 11:51 AM
Gazza
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
I dont think that Mick needs Bernard Fowler. I feel that his voice is getting stronger. They say that this happens with age. Elton John is the same.

I dont want the stones to sound too polished and preened. Sometimes its good to hear a bum note or a fuck up. Reminds you that its live and that anything can happen

Mick's singing was never better than it was on the last tour IMO

However, the strain of singing means more wear and tear on his voice, as evidenced by the increasing number of sore throats and postponements in recent years plus the fact that he's now been advised on doctors orders not to sing two nights in a row anymore.

Bernard is handy for when he cant quite hit the high notes
May 12th, 2005 11:53 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Gazza wrote:
[...]
They can get away with a 3-song set like they did yesterday but I couldnt imagine a full length show without keyboards of any kind.

A stripped down show would be nice, although whether they could musically sustain a two hour show for a year and keep it fresh and interesting with just a five/six piece band is debatable.
[...]

The great Cream sustained with one guitar, bass and drums for goodness sakes!
May 12th, 2005 11:55 AM
Gazza The Stones cant PLAY like Cream.

Never could. Different type of band entirely.
May 12th, 2005 12:02 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Gazza wrote:
The Stones cant PLAY like Cream.

Never could. Different type of band entirely.

I disagree. I'm not comparing the type of bands, of course they are a Power Trio as they stand as a trademark for the use of this concept since its beggining (Circa 1966/1967). Anyway, poor Jay is desperately trying to explain that Cream sustained a 2 hour gig and need NOTHING to fill the gaps as you use to say.

I don't mind whether the rhythm guitar plays only the power chords (i.e. chords formed only with root note and its corresponding 5th). It has no secret or cience, it has NO difficult, it can't tire a guitar player, no struggle at all.

That's what I was trying to explain, comparing them with Cream (the GREAT).

"Ask Mathijs Ronnie"
[Edited by J.J.Flash]
May 12th, 2005 11:22 PM
Zack As I have a very soft spot for black girls, I've no problem with Lisa - think she's a talented singer. But she's getting a bit long in the tooth for the eye candy chest-licking role she's played over the years in addition to her vocals.
May 12th, 2005 11:29 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Gazza wrote:

LOLOL

Well if you add a $ sign to the numbers Mick can count beyond that
May 13th, 2005 12:24 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Bernard is basically there as a vocal cover/shadow for Mick as he sings in a similar style, apparently

Bernard is basically there as a sex object for Angie to watch during the show. Oh, and take pictures with outside the hotel of course.

May 13th, 2005 12:35 AM
rogerriffin Dear Angiegirl, we want photos IN the hotel room! outside we can´t watch nothing interest

The only one band that in all his carrer has been able to play 5 only bandmembers has been AC/DC!!!

THE STONES NEED BACKUPS, but are the Rolling Stones.
May 13th, 2005 01:48 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
rogerriffin wrote:
Dear Angiegirl, we want photos IN the hotel room!

Hey, ya think *I* wouldn't rather have those???
May 13th, 2005 03:42 AM
Madafaka Next tour, I'll take my own pic with LF lickin' my face
May 13th, 2005 05:57 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Which one was Bernard Fowler?

Only Joking
May 13th, 2005 06:36 AM
Moonisup
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Bernard is basically there as a vocal cover/shadow for Mick as he sings in a similar style, apparently

Blondie does something similar for Keith.

and they could not find the end during ONNYA, if you listen to it, you'll hear what I mean, and chucks does that for the band, although, they fuck up even then
May 13th, 2005 11:07 AM
Madafaka
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
Which one was Bernard Fowler?

LOL!
That pic is like an old Benetton campaign!

[Edited by Madafaka]
Page: 1 2
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour