ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Oh my God no fucking you again!!
NYC 2005 - © Julie Jacobson
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ditch the backup crap! Return to archive Page: 1 2
May 12th, 2005 09:41 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
[...]

That's the thing. Use them when the song calls for it. Don't put horns in JJF, fer crissakes. But it's like, they're THERE, they're being paid, might as well use 'em... Maybe if they paid their backups piece rate, by the song, Mick's miserliness would keep them from using them too much.

[...]

Fleabit.....

My skin turns to chicken everytime I think about "the bunch" screwing up JJF.
May 12th, 2005 09:50 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:

Why do you need to burst my bubble Nasty?!?!?

Your bubble's gonna burst in a couple months anyway. Who you wanna buss it? Me or the Stones?

May 12th, 2005 09:52 AM
FPM C10
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:

Fleabit.....

My skin turns to chicken everytime I think about "the bunch" screwing up JJF.

Mine too, buddy! Mine too!
May 12th, 2005 09:57 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:

Your bubble's gonna burst in a couple months anyway. Who you wanna buss it? Me or the Stones?

Yeah.... but what were your reactions about tuesday's performance Nasty?
May 12th, 2005 09:58 AM
Snappy McJack Damn straight, Fleabit.

JJF and Satisfaction are "Vegas-ed" out. Those horns are there to drag the song out. They could put at least two more songs in the set if they didn't drag out those warhorses.

IN addition, Lisa did this "opera" thing when they did Satisfaction. Do you remember that? She would alter her voice when saying "Satisfaction."
May 12th, 2005 10:03 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Snappy McJack wrote:
[...]

IN addition, Lisa did this "opera" thing when they did Satisfaction. Do you remember that? She would alter her voice when saying "Satisfaction."

And that was annoying......
May 12th, 2005 10:21 AM
Joey
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
A big problem is using their backup TOO much. I saw an interview with one of the Uptown Horns guys and he said that they were contacted very late in the game before the Steel Wheels tour and not given much time to prepare before the tour started. When Mick initially contacted them, he said "we don't really NEED horns, do we? And if we have them, we'll use them too much." Then (tragically!) he changed his mind.

That's the thing. Use them when the song calls for it. Don't put horns in JJF, fer crissakes. But it's like, they're THERE, they're being paid, might as well use 'em... Maybe if they paid their backups piece rate, by the song, Mick's miserliness would keep them from using them too much.

I'm not a big fan of the '81 tour, and there's no way we'll get a whole show of JUST the Stones, but playing perhaps 1/3 of the show the way they played Tuesday would be GREAT.

But I'll take what I get and LIKE IT! Thank you Sir Mick may I have another!

Outstanding & Prodigious Analysis Fleabit !!!!!

Indeed , your richly cadenced prose is hypnotic, the research beatific , the analysis acute, the mood spellbinding, and the cast of characters mythic in scale. I cannot conceive of a better post about the current state of the band . An unforgettable, epic achievement in the art of posting .

Flacky ! ™

May 12th, 2005 11:04 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Joey wrote:

Outstanding & Prodigious Analysis Fleabit !!!!!

Indeed , your richly cadenced prose is hypnotic, the research beatific , the analysis acute, the mood spellbinding, and the cast of characters mythic in scale. I cannot conceive of a better post about the current state of the band . An unforgettable, epic achievement in the art of posting .

Flacky ! ™

WOW!! Praise him people, love him, salute him.

That was a good posting and it's been a long time since the last time I have witnessed such a classic review.

Hail to the King!
May 12th, 2005 11:08 AM
Joey
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:

That was a good posting and it's been a long time since the last time I have witnessed such a classic review.

Hail to the King!

Bless You My Stonesian Brother ...............

You are much loved by THIS Joeykins

" STONES RULE YOU BASTARDS ! "

The Joeykins ! , Established 1999
May 12th, 2005 11:15 AM
FPM C10
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:

Hail to the King!

Man oh man!! That was the most incredible act of asskissing about a review of a post that I have ever seen! Two (stinky)thumbs up ... this Jay Jay kid has a bright future ahead of him!
May 12th, 2005 11:19 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Man oh man!! That was the most incredible act of asskissing about a review of a post that I have ever seen! Two (stinky)thumbs up ... this Jay Jay kid has a bright future ahead of him!

Been cynic or what Flea?!?!

"Don't call me bootlicker Ronnie!"
May 12th, 2005 11:21 AM
J.J.Flash And again.....I must state that the praised review would be no big deal without its wonderful target.
May 12th, 2005 11:27 AM
FPM C10
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
And again.....I must state that the praised review would be no big deal without its wonderful target.

No, no ... I was just trying to get in the conga line. You were SUPPOSED to say that MY post was the greatest review of a review of a post EVER, and then Joey could jump in and say THAT was the greatest review of a review of a review...and so on.

I swear the god! Get with the program, Jay!
May 12th, 2005 11:41 AM
Joey
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Fleabit writes a wonderful, a glorious tale. The post reads like a Trollope novel, but not even Trollope explored the ambitions and gullibilities of men as deliciously as FPM does. I laughed often as I read. And even though I knew what the outcome of a particular sentence would be, I followed Fleabit's account of it with excitement. Indeed , I went back over paragraphs to make sure I had not missed a word.....It will be hard to equal this amazing posting .

Flacky ! ™

J !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 12th, 2005 11:45 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

No, no ... I was just trying to get in the conga line. You were SUPPOSED to say that MY post was the greatest review of a review of a post EVER, and then Joey could jump in and say THAT was the greatest review of a review of a review...and so on.

I swear the god! Get with the program, Jay!

In fact I did:
|
|
|
V

J.J.Flash wrote:
And again.....I must state that the praised review would be no big deal without its wonderful target.
May 12th, 2005 11:51 AM
Joey
Fleabit ....................................

I applaud what you are doing and still feel connected to you every time I put one of the cd's you burned me in the player..I often say "Wow, FPM touched this disc"....Since I don't sit on a computer or phone to buy tickets, I understand your frustration. Accordingly, I have long encouraged people concerned with ticket pricing to join rs.com as it offers a wide array of privileges not readily accessible to non-members. Premium seating, pre-sale access, beheind the scenes info, concert video, dvd's and a selection of apparel also not available to the public at large. Pug, who listened to me, obtained 5th row Fenway for 450!!! Those tickets, which I'll probably pay for, are going for 4-5k on ticket broker sites!!! You, and others, should thank Mr. Cohl ( a Canadian Jew ) , his young son Jake ( also Jewish ) , along with all associated with rs.com for what they have offerd the fans!!!

J.J. Flash .....................do you concur ?!?!

J. !!!

Sassy ! ™
May 12th, 2005 11:55 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Joey wrote:

Fleabit ....................................

I applaud what you are doing and still feel connected to you every time I put one of the cd's you burned me in the player..I often say "Wow, FPM touched this disc"....Since I don't sit on a computer or phone to buy tickets, I understand your frustration. Accordingly, I have long encouraged people concerned with ticket pricing to join rs.com as it offers a wide array of privileges not readily accessible to non-members. Premium seating, pre-sale access, beheind the scenes info, concert video, dvd's and a selection of apparel also not available to the public at large. Pug, who listened to me, obtained 5th row Fenway for 450!!! Those tickets, which I'll probably pay for, are going for 4-5k on ticket broker sites!!! You, and others, should thank Mr. Cohl ( a Canadian Jew ) , his young son Jake ( also Jewish ) , along with all associated with rs.com for what they have offerd the fans!!!

J.J. Flash .....................do you concur ?!?!

J. !!!

Sassy ! ™

Absolutely!

You nailed it perfectly!

Sup J.Kins™
May 12th, 2005 03:16 PM
Joey
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:

Absolutely!

You nailed it perfectly!

Sup J.Kins™

SUP J.J. Flash
May 12th, 2005 03:51 PM
billy ditch that bunch of bloody wankers: Chaplin, Fischer, Fowler, Leavell, Reece, Smith, Keys and all those I forgot.
May 12th, 2005 04:12 PM
Steamboat Bill, Jr. What the hell is wrong with Bobby? Keep Bobby, turn the keyboard down and the guitars way up, ditch everyone else. It's that simple.
May 12th, 2005 04:18 PM
FPM C10 Hi Steamy!

Nice to see you!
I agree, by the way. Bobby's earned the right to be there. And they NEED a piano, just not THAT one.
Everyone else has my permission to take the year off.

You know, if they DID ditch almost everyone, maybe the tickets would be cheaper...
May 12th, 2005 05:28 PM
Steamboat Bill, Jr. Thank you for the warm reception, FPM. I can only hope my future posts on Rocks Off will live up to the (low) standard I have set for myself on Gasland and Shidoobee.

Speaking personally, I would pay more for a stripped down version of the Stones without all the excess baggage.

May 12th, 2005 09:24 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Steamboat Bill, Jr. wrote:
What the hell is wrong with Bobby? Keep Bobby, turn the keyboard down and the guitars way up, ditch everyone else. It's that simple.

Agree. It's simple like that.
May 13th, 2005 10:37 AM
nellcotecountryband yeah, the Amsterdam 73 tape should be the standard.
or MSG 72. not the damn no security crap....the 3d tv special was the beginning of the "plastic stones" shows imho

jj jimmy
May 13th, 2005 01:12 PM
billy What do ya mean?
Page: 1 2
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour