ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Neidersachsenstadion, Hannover, June 6, 1982
By Axel Schumacher

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[
Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Flashpoint Opening Night! Return to archive
05-08-03 03:10 PM
voodoopug The following is a fantasy news report describing opening night on the 1991 US tour (which obviously didnt happen in case you are new here!). The stones toured behind no security, so maybe they could have toured Flashpoint. Anyway, i just felt like writing this!

AP - As the lights dimmed at Soldier Field in Chicago, the no so familiar sounds of Brian Jones Pipes of jakukala(sp) filled the air, stones fans spanning four generations rose to their feet. As the pipes faded out, a figure, smoke emitting from his lit cigarette, appeared center stage to fire out the intro to Paint it Black. Almost immediately after the last chord, the band dove right back into their old catalog to and played the little known number "It's not Easy". Mick said hello to the bears fans in the crowd and congradulated them on their 2nd straight super bowl win (it is fantasy right?). At Charlies count, they fired on all cylinders playing Honkey Tonk Women. The new single, "Highwire" was next, followed up with the 1983 song "All the way Down". Mick, wanting to catch his breath a little bit slowed the tempo down with the Otis redding classic "I've been loving you too long", which they recorded in the sixties. Keeping a slow tempo, "Down in the Hole" was next off of Emotional Rescue. A favorite from the steel wheels tour, almost hear you sigh was next as mick joked that this concludes the romantic part of the show as old rubber lips ripped into a "drinkin with the boys" version or It's only rock and roll. Keith took the stage to perform Slipping Away and Before they make me run. After a few more classics, Mick put on the cowboy hat and played "Factory Girl" puting a smile on many of the die hards who missed that song when it was played last year in Europe. Sweet Virginia followed. With an explosion "Start Me Up"brought everyone to their feet, as did "Brown Sugar" and "Street Fighting Man". After Satisfaction, the band left the stage, only to reappear for two more songs, "Miss You" and "Jumping Jack Flash". And then they were gone, getting all the opening night jitters out of the way.

Set List:
Paint it Black
its not easy
honkey tonk
highwire
all the way down
I've been loving you too long
Down in the Hole
Almost Hear You Sigh
IORR
Band Intros
SLipping away
Before they Make Me run
Tumbling Dice
Shattered
Undercover
Rock and Hard Place
Factory Girl
Sweet Virginia
Start Me Up
Brown Sugar
Street Fighting Man
Satisfaction

encore
Miss You
Jumping Jack Flash

Let me know what you think?
05-08-03 07:20 PM
Lazy Bones For a fantasy...too short!
05-08-03 07:41 PM
voodoopug That was just the soundcheck!
05-08-03 07:47 PM
Child of the Moon Y'know something? Thats etlist really isn't too far-fetched. I mean, look at the Steel Wheels tour itself. Who honestly expected that they'd play 2000 Light Years From Home? Or Play with Fire? Or Factory Girl? Or Salt of the Earth?
05-08-03 09:09 PM
Gimme Shelter Very cool fantasy!!!
05-08-03 10:18 PM
Dan If they toured for Flashpoint, it would have been headlining Rock N Rio '91 as well as other South American shows, then Australia and New Zealand while Summer is in full swing in the southern hemisphere. Setlist similiar to but not exactly the same as Steel Wheels/Urban Jungle. Perhaps a few select shows in markets overlooked on the Steel Wheels tour, but 1991 was the single worse year ever for the concert promotors and it is doubtful Mick would want to come back so soon under those circumstances.
05-08-03 11:12 PM
Turner and then the final encore_ Take it so Hard(please see"What might have been")
05-09-03 07:38 AM
dealer squealing Fun reading thanks a lot, fine setlist!
I have always wondered why they haven�t tryed Paint It Black as a opener!

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003