ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Neidersachsenstadion, Hannover, June 6, 1982
By Axel Schumacher

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[
Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: WATER way for Jerry Hall to earn a living. (nsc) Return to archive
05-08-03 08:44 AM
moy JERRY COMES OUT OF SHELL

May 8 2003

WATER way for Jerry Hall to earn a living.

Rocker Mick Jagger's ex brought shoppers to a standstill yesterday as she posed in the window of a top London store in a recreation of Sandro Botticelli's classic The Birth of Venus.

She was advertising a brand of bottled water.

However, despite going nude in a theatre production of The Graduate, the 46- year-old ex-supermodel stopped short of appearing as naked as the figure in the artist's masterpiece.

Shopper Claire Green, 26, said: "I hope I have her body and looks when I am that age."
05-08-03 08:50 AM
telecaster Supermodel? I think not
05-08-03 10:28 AM
jb Super lips...
05-08-03 02:40 PM
parmeda Moy...did you see a picture of this!
They had a similar article in the SunTimes with a photo...

...pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze!
05-08-03 02:45 PM
moy One icon of beauty was transformed into another at Selfridges this week, when former supermodel Jerry Hall posed in a real-life recreation of Boticelli's The Birth Of Venus.

The Texan-born star was taking part in a window display at London's leading department store as part of her new role as spokesmodel for Evian. The mineral water company asked her to become the "Venus Of Today" for their contribution to the Body Craze theme at Selfridges.

The exhibit saw her step into a custom-made shell suspended above 1,000 litres of Evian water. Unlike the Botticelli's Venus, Jerry didn't have to rely on her flowing locks to spare her blushes, however. Iconic designer Vivienne Westwood provided a white gown to preserve her modesty, though the dress - slashed to the hip - was itself rather risqu�.

"It's fantastic to be asked to take the place of Venus in Evian's interpretation of such a famous work of art," said Jerry.

All this month Selfridges is playing host to Body Craze, a series of exhibits and installations celebrating the human body. Also at the retailer on Wednesday was Kylie Minogue, who made a spectacular entrance in a Rolls Royce Phantom.

The Aussie beauty was joined on the red carpet by ten models sporting Burberry macs over selected items from the 'Love Kylie' collection. But the star herself opted to stay covered up in an understated black raincoat.
05-08-03 02:51 PM
parmeda LOL...well I have to say, the picture you posted Moy, is MUCH more complimentary for Jerry, than the one I saw this morning.

It was bad. Real bad
05-08-03 02:51 PM
moy

05-08-03 05:24 PM
luxury1 Damn, I always said she was too big for Mick. Now look at her. I once read that she admitted to wearing a size 10 pants. I think those pants are even a little bigger these days. (Oh how petty I am being!--somebody slap me).
05-08-03 05:29 PM
Moonisup I don't see jerry as handsome,

[Edited by Moonisup]
05-08-03 08:49 PM
parmeda
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
Damn, I always said she was too big for Mick. Now look at her. I once read that she admitted to wearing a size 10 pants. I think those pants are even a little bigger these days. (Oh how petty I am being!--somebody slap me).

No Lux! You aren't being petty at all! LOL...
I've tried a few different times today to find the picture that was in the paper, on-line. I'll find it! Give me time! Jerry looks like a stuffed turkey...so, don't ya dare feel bad. I was shocked the picture was even published...I would have had a seizure, LMAO! If worse comes worse, I'll scan the damn thing outta the paper and e-mail it to ya.
05-09-03 05:05 AM
luxury1 Thanks parmeda--I'd love to see it. That woman either looks incredibly hot, or incredibly bad!! Never understood Mick's attraction to her--and she has a horse face to boot! NOw, Luciana, I can see what THAT was all about.......
05-09-03 09:01 AM
LadyJane Meow...Meow...Got to get in on this catfest.

I have always said Jerry was a horse face!! I do not find her pretty AT ALL!! And how about her half Texan, half British accent. Pleeeaaaasssse. I heard she was practically laughed off the stage in her London debut of "Bus Stop". Jerry trying to the great Marilyn Monroe?

Meow....Meow

LadyJ.

PS. Patti Hansen, on the other hand, absolutely gorgeous!!
05-09-03 10:14 AM
parmeda Let me dig out that paper and scan it Lux...
(It's a B&W naturally, 'cause it's a newspaper photo...and it's BADDDDD...)
I'll get back to ya!
05-09-03 10:36 AM
LadyJane Pam, I want one too!! Please!!

LadyJ.
05-09-03 10:37 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Most of the scanner softwares have an option to scan newspapers and it's fantastic, I have scanned from newspapers and from Rolling Stone mags from 1967 and they look really good. PM if you need assistance and e-mail it to me I can post it here for all to see
05-09-03 03:30 PM
parmeda Voo!
You have mail, LOL!
05-09-03 11:05 PM
parmeda Okay kids...here's that picture that I saw earlier.
(BTW, Voo doesn't think it's that bad...what does he know, LOL!)

....just take a look at that thigh, the back porch, and wtf is with the Joan Crawford eyebrows!?

I'm sorry, but Jerry has seen her better days...

05-09-03 11:08 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl As I told you: I'm a little older than Jerry and if you put her in front of me with some noltes on me I'll surely will get down more than happy

05-09-03 11:14 PM
parmeda LOL...if that's what it's gonna take, Voo. I'm sure you'd have to rip on a good one...
05-09-03 11:19 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl "He who get nolted get his rocks off one way or another"

Thanks master Keithfucius!
05-10-03 09:53 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Looking for some stones news I found this unrelated but about Jerry article:

Jerry and the giggle makers

By Vicky Wilks, South London Press

IT'S not often you see 70 people gathered in the open air laughing like drains - but that was the sight that confronted walkers on Clapham Common.

The chuckling crowd gathered by the bandstand to mark Sunday's World Laughter Day - the first time it has been celebrated in London.

And if you looked closely among the tickled-pink participants, it was possible to spot glamorous model-turned-actress Jerry Hall.

The ex-wife of Mick Jagger, was drawn to the laughter club because she is making a three-part BBC documentary about spirituality.

London Laughter Leader, Julie Whitehead, from Herne Hill, said: "She is very interested in laughter and understands the healing properties it has."

The club takes its leads from Bombay GP Dr Madan Kataria who realised that laughter can give benefits to the body including improved respiration and circulation, reduced stress and stimulates the production of endorphins that produce a feel-good factor. Julie Whitehead claimed recent research in America backs those findings.

There are now 1,000 laughter clubs around the world where members learn simulated laughter techniques.

When their shoulders could shake no more, Sunday's crowd were entertained by Mr Bubbles the children's entertainer and singer, Mandy Halliday who featured in West End musical, Les Miserables.

The other star present on Sunday was a very good sport as Julie said: "Jerry Hall really enjoyed it and joined in the fun wholeheartedly."

Of the 70 who joined in the event, Julie - who trained to be a laughter leader last June - estimated 25 per cent were existing members.

The next meeting of the London Laughter Club will be on Sunday, June 1, again by the bandstand on Clapham Common.

Dr Kataria will be visiting London on June 22 and June 23 to present his Power of Laughter workshop.

For more information or to book a place, call Julie on 020-7733 2389.
05-10-03 11:02 AM
Dandelion*
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
Damn, I always said she was too big for Mick. Now look at her. I once read that she admitted to wearing a size 10 pants. I think those pants are even a little bigger these days. (Oh how petty I am being!--somebody slap me).

Okay. Whack. Not that I want to defend Jerry - but sheesh. Isn't she something like 6 feet tall? What a fat ass wearing size 10s! (I'm a size 6 by the way - so this ain't no fat girl angst). Also, she has always looked like a drag queen. Mick must like that, you know, that guy you drool over all the time... Next time one of you gals gets a gig playing a goddess at a high end shop let us know.

Meow!
05-10-03 11:27 AM
FPM C10 Gotta go with Dande in this particular catfight - I've seen a LOT worse pictures of Jerry than these. And HOW many kids does she have? The only disconcerting thing I see is how muscular her arms are, and that's just my personal take on female body-building. Now, the actual PHOTO from the newspaper IS bad - who the hell picked THAT one to print in the paper? Horrible composition, reflections on the glass, etc. But Jerry looks pretty good for a girl her age - her hair, in particular, is stunning in the pics, although I'm sure it's probably mostly extensions, and the team of experts who got her ready for the gig could probably make ME look good.

I've never found Jerry the least bit SEXY, though. Anita in her heyday is my idea of a sexy Stones chick.
05-10-03 12:08 PM
parmeda
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Looking for some stones news I found this unrelated but about Jerry article:

And if you looked closely among the tickled-pink participants, it was possible to spot glamorous model-turned-actress Jerry Hall.

The ex-wife of Mick Jagger, was drawn to the laughter club because she is making a three-part BBC documentary about spirituality.

There are now 1,000 laughter clubs around the world where members learn simulated laughter techniques.

The other star present on Sunday was a very good sport as Julie said: "Jerry Hall really enjoyed it and joined in the fun wholeheartedly."

I could almost bet my life on it, that Jerry's contribution to this club will be that she will expand her expertise on how to 'laugh your way to the bank'...the girl must have THAT down to a science, LMAO! She has been blessed, I think?
05-10-03 02:21 PM
Miss U. I like Jerry alot, she's got great attitude, she's beautiful, smart & sassy. Mick likes campy women.
She's been into spirituality for some time now.
Women get older & don't always look like a 20 year old. Give her a break.
05-10-03 03:30 PM
gypsy I'm also on Dande's side. I think Jerry looks good for her age and for having four kids. Yes, she has always had a horse face, but I actually think that age has brought more character to her face. She has always seemed very nice in interviews. I think she deserves some respect for having made it from being a truck driver's daughter to famous model.
05-10-03 03:47 PM
Joey " I think she deserves some respect for having made it from being a truck driver's daughter to famous model. "

Me too .......................Now please , Come to Joey and I will clutch you to my bosom ........ softly , gently and sweetly stroke your young , sweaty , moist , quivering little Gypsy forehead , with your eyes looking up at me longingly and Bambi - like ,.......... and I will just simply say , " Thanks Gypsy for being you . "

Joeykins

05-10-03 04:00 PM
LadyJane Okay Ladies.....the catfight must stop NOW!!

We girls are outnumbered here on RO and the last thing we need to do is turn on each other.

So let us all retract our claws, take a look in the mirror, and realize none of us is perfect.

I may not like Jerry, but she did bear 4 beautiful children and since tomorrow is Mother's Day....let's stop.

LadyJ.

PS. To my fellow RO women with children.......Happy Mother's Day!!

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003