ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Neidersachsenstadion, Hannover, June 6, 1982
By Axel Schumacher

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[
Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Slash, Jack & Keith Return to archive
05-07-03 01:11 PM
parmeda JACK DANIEL'S
Sip It. Pound It. Mix It. Its Place In Rock Remains The Same

by Slash
Rolling Stone
35th Anniversary Issue
May 17, 2003

The coolest rock stars I'd ever seen in pictures always had a bottle of Jack Daniel's. There is a picture of Keith Richards getting out of a limo with Patti Hansen - bottle of Jack in his hand. There is a great old picture of Robert Plant and Jimmy Page on an airplane looking really stoned, with Page holding a bottle of Jack. And there is a picture of Aerosmith in their heyday - a bottle of Jack Daniel's on their drum riser. When you're a kid, and you look through rock magazines, and if you see somebody you like doing the same thing you're doing, you go, "Oh cool, I'm doing the right thing." I started drinking Jack as soon as I could afford it. I'd get to the studio at noon and have a Jack and coffee. Then it was straight up at night. Eventually, it was just shots. There was actually a point where all I needed in my life, besides my guitar, was cigarettes and Jack Daniel's. Even to this day, it's on my tour rider, and every year for my birthday that's all I'd get from everyone: Jack Daniel's and cigarettes. I don't drink as much anymore; I've sort of eliminated the whole daytime drinking thing. But I still like my Jack and Coke at night. Jack's great. But remember one thing: Quaaludes and Jack Daniel's don't mix."
05-07-03 01:16 PM
steel driving hammer "Keith Richards reminded me of Charlie Parker because of the combination of humility and arrogance--Keith had humility and at the same time the kind of arrogance that comes with some inherent awareness of the mastery of your craft--and because of the impression I've gotten over the years of his gigantic, gargantuan tastes.
An example was when we stopped by his apartment in New York after the 1978 concert. I was on the tour writing about it. Gail [Terry's longtime companion] mistook Lilly from behind for Anita. Which is indicative of something. He's always been attracted to the same sort of woman. We're sitting in this alcove which is like the breakfast nook. The great thing was that he was already so whacked out and I had brought him some 'ludes as a kind of present. I got them with the notion he would take them at his leisure, you see.
So we're drinking Jack Daniel's and I said, 'Look, I got these for you, you know, be cool.' I didn't want people to see this as a dope deal. I handed them to him thinking he's going to stash them, but he just went bop!, taking six 'ludes, see, meanwhile drinking out of the bottle of Jack Daniel's. It was like something out of a movie. We're talking another ninety seconds and he gradually falls right there but meanwhile we're still having a relationship, a conversation, even though he's out of it. I mean he was out. So when it came time for us to leave I was reluctant. I said, 'I can't leave him right away because I may have to walk him around if he starts turning blue." From Victor Bockris' biography Keith Richards; 1995; Da Capo/ Perseus Books Group

05-07-03 01:59 PM
telecaster Jack, you have to love it. Frank Sinatra's daughter put a bottle in his casket. He drank a bottle a day. I wish Keith still drank it instead of this sissy Absolut stuff

I went to a bourbon distillery (Jack Daniels upscale stuff)in Kentucky last year, very cool to see the process

Whiskey river, take me away.......

05-07-03 03:54 PM
jb Didn't he replace jack with Rebel Yell in 78?
05-07-03 06:44 PM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:
Didn't he replace jack with Rebel Yell in 78?

He flirted intensly and had a deep affair with "Rebel Yell" but always came home to JD.

Wasn't he drinking JD onstage on his birthday Hampton Roads
12-18-81??

jb as I remember you are a Wild Turkey man. Good choice

Can't wait to come down to the Boca Polo Club and sip some with you and your "flavor of the day"
05-07-03 07:34 PM
Sir Stonesalot If whiskey was a river
I'd be a diving duck

If whiskey was a river
I'd be a diving duck

I would dive down to the bottom
And I would never come up

-Muddy Waters

I don't know if Muddy actually wrote that or stole it, but when he sang it, he made it his.
05-07-03 08:39 PM
Joey " He flirted intensly and had a deep affair with "Rebel Yell" but always came home to JD. "

Didn't Keith date " May Pang " during his " Rebel Yell " period ?
05-08-03 10:38 AM
jb Well, on the "handsome Girl" boot, Mick says something to the effect that keith is having a drink of "Rebel Yell southern Sour mash"....You all do rebel yell good"

And Joey, did you know May Pang was Bat Mitvahed?
[Edited by jb]
05-08-03 12:17 PM
Joey " And Joey, did you know May Pang was Bat Mitvahed? "

Bat Mitvahed ?!?!?!?!

BAT MITVAHED ?!?!?!?!

Isn't that Goldie Hawn's original name ??????????????

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ A C K Y !
05-08-03 01:48 PM
jb Boy=Bar
Girl=Bat
05-08-03 04:16 PM
Joey Oh , I get it !!!

LeBarBat ....................like that Manhattan nightclub where all of the " Steely Dan " cover bands play .

Cool !

05-08-03 04:26 PM
telecaster
quote:
Joey wrote:
Oh , I get it !!!

LeBarBat ....................like that Manhattan nightclub where all of the " Steely Dan " cover bands play .

Cool !

Did Larry Hagman ever have a bris or does he have an anteater??
05-09-03 12:51 PM
Joey Tele...............................

Here is the answer to your question :

www.LeBarBat.com

What ?????? More " Detailed " info .. ? OK ! :

" 311 West 57th St.
New York City
(Just West of 8th Ave.)

212/307-7228 "

This is Larry Hagman's favorite watering hole -- Yes , he STILL drinks .

Jacky !

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003