ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Neidersachsenstadion, Hannover, June 6, 1982
By Axel Schumacher

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[
Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: RS.com...newsletter Return to archive
05-07-03 10:15 AM
Scot Rocks As usual I recieved no newsletter from RS.com advising of the new UK shows and sales in Glasgow etc and Dublin in Ireland, however today I get the email offering the VIP package costing nearly $2000...

The Rolling Stones Fan Club is presenting these two incredible opportunities to see the Stones LIVE in V.I.P. style! Join us in Glasgow, Scotland and Dublin, Ireland for a once-in-a-lifetime experience to watch the Stones from preferred reserved seating! We also have limited spaces still available for our travel packages to Paris, France and Munich, Germany. Read on for more details and register today!
===============================================

Roll with the Stones in� Glasgow!

The Rolling Stones are headed to Glasgow, Scotland bringing their LICKS World Tour to this beautiful capital city! Join the Rolling Stones fan club for this once-in-a-lifetime experience to witness the Stones LIVE for two shows at Glasgow's Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre! Take in the splendor of Scotland's largest city and be in the company of other Stones fans from around the world! Plus, you're invited to our VIP pre-show receptions! Join us for this ultimate Rolling Stones experience to Glasgow, Scotland!

Check it out!

Glasgow, Scotland
August 31 - September 4, 2003
5 days // 4 nights

5 days and 4 nights at the Radisson SAS Glasgow. Includes full Scottish breakfast.
Best reserved stands seating with great view of stage OR GA floor ticket (please note, we have only a limited number of floor tickets available) to the shows on September 1st and 3rd at Glasgow's SECC (Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre)
Access to VIP pre-show receptions
Welcome Party
Souvenir Tee & Laminated Pass
Raffle to win tour memorabilia
Price is $1995.00 per person based on two people to a room
For more information, including how to place a reservation call 415.575.6677 Monday - Friday 10 am - 5:30 pm PT or click here!

=====================================================

Roll with the Stones in� Dublin!

The Rolling Stones are set to rock Dublin bringing their LICKS World Tour to Ireland's capital city! Join together with other Stones fans as we converge on one of the world's most lively cities! Come with us for the ultimate Rolling Stones experience to witness the greatest band in rock n' roll LIVE for two nights at The Point Arena in Dublin! Not only will you be in one of the incredible cities to visit in the world rocking with the Stones, but also you will have access to VIP pre-show receptions! Join us for this ultimate Rolling Stone vacation to Dublin, Ireland!

Check it out!

Dublin, Ireland
September 8 -12, 2003
5 days // 4 nights

5 days and 4 nights at the Morgan hotel
Best reserved seating off of floor with great view of stage OR GA floor ticket (please note, we have only a limited number of floor tickets available) to the show on September 9th and 11th at The Point Arena
Access to VIP pre-show receptions
Welcome Party
Souvenir Tee & Laminated Pass
Raffle to win tour memorabilia
Price is $2195.00 per person based on two people to a room.
For more information, including how to place a reservation call 415.575.6677 Monday - Friday 10 am - 5:30 pm PT or click here!

Cheers

Mark

05-07-03 10:21 AM
Zeeta A little on the expensive side...maybe!

BTW What is a Scottish Breakfast when its at home?!

Thanks Mark
05-07-03 10:22 AM
steel driving hammer You gonna buy me a ticket?

Ticket To Ride?
05-08-03 05:34 PM
Gazza yeah Mark I noticed that too! they werent too quick telling us about the shows and ticket sales but managed to tailor a package pretty damn sharp-ish for the mega-rich!

has anyone actually BOUGHT any of these rip off deals?

I'd love to see a breakdown of the proportion of tickets for arena and theatre shows throughout this tour being offered to actual fans in contrast to those offered in the various inflated hotel & ticket package deals

also,why send fans outside the USA an offer for this trip (when your fan club membership clearly asks you what country you live in and most "international fan club members" would live outside the US?" )

Just so you can get an idea :

top seats for two Dublin shows will cost you about �200 in total
Four nights in a good central Dublin hotel (ie 4 star) sharing a twin room really shouldnt cost you any more than �200 each
A flight from New York - for example - in September direct to Dublin - about �350.

�750 would therefore cover most of that - thats about $1,150. Say $1,300 at the most.

That VIP party and laminated tour pass must be pretty fuckin' special!!!

Now I've thought about it..if anyone wants to slip me $1,800 I'll tailor a package for everyone and undercut them..lol.. We'll have a better friggin' pre-show party too!
[Edited by Gazza]
05-08-03 09:20 PM
littleredrooster Remember their special deal for the last North American show in Las Vegas in February at MGM?
The come on was that you would be admitted to the sound checks before that show.

The Stones did not even show up!

Why would they have to sound check an arena that the played in late November?

I went to the parties in LA, they sucked!
But the Wiltern show definitely did NOT suck!
The only saving grace!

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003