ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Congratulations Keef: Cleared and back to rock!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: former Great White manager gets four years (NSC) Return to archive
11th May 2006 07:09 AM
Ten Thousand Motels GREAT WHITE MANAGER GETS FOUR YEARS
Movie & Entertainment News
-
Former GREAT WHITE manager DANIEL BIECHELE has been jailed for four years after pleading guilty to the manslaughter of 100 people who burned to death at a gig he organised in February 2003.

The American rock executive was responsible for organising the stage pyrotechnics which sparked the blaze at Rhode Island venue The Station Club. Concert-goes struggled to escape after one emergency door failed to open and another opened the wrong way. Great White guitarist TY LONGLEY was also killed in the tragedy.

In the court room Biechele expressed his torment over the accident, saying, "Know how this tragedy has devastated me, but I can only begin to understand what the people who have lost loved ones have endured.

"I don't know that I'll ever forgive myself for what happened that night, so I can't expect anyone else to. I never wanted anyone to be hurt in any way. I never imagined that anyone ever would be."

Making his ruling Superior Court JUDGE FRANCIS DARIGAN JR, said, "The greatest sentence that can be imposed upon you, has been imposed upon you by yourself."

Nightclub owner brothers JEFFREY and MICHAEL DERDERIAN have yet to face manslaughter charges for installing flammable materials and failing to provide adequate safety plans. (JB/WNWCCB
11th May 2006 07:19 AM
Nellcote Just another chapter in an extremely difficult story.
In July, it starts all over again, with the 1st Dederian brother trial, one of the owners of the nightclub.
This has got to be one of the most gut wrenching events in rock history.
11th May 2006 07:25 AM
corgi37 Sad stuff. I really dont blame anyone. Unless the escape doors were deliberately locked (as happens in many sth American and Asian countries).

Shit happens.
11th May 2006 07:36 AM
lotsajizz I am impressed that Judge Darigan resisted the immense public pressure to give the full ten to serve. As it is, the tour manager faced a harsher penalty in R.I. for this than in any but three other States. No penalty, even his execution, brings those poor killed souls back, so I think this is within the range of what I'd call a fair punishment. His lawyers argued well. A tragedy all around...the nighclub owners, those who selected, bought, and installed the all-too flammable sound insulation might face ten years to serve, however

11th May 2006 10:34 AM
BILL PERKS ITS JUST A FUCKED UP ACCIDENT;JAIL TIME IS RIDICULOUS IN THIS INSTANCE;NOBODY MEANT ANY HARM.I GUESS WE ALL NEED SOMEONE TO BLAME.
11th May 2006 10:57 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
ITS JUST A FUCKED UP ACCIDENT;JAIL TIME IS RIDICULOUS IN THIS INSTANCE;NOBODY MEANT ANY HARM.I GUESS WE ALL NEED SOMEONE TO BLAME.

I agree... the jail time serves no useful purpose in this tragedy.But the judge had no choice.At least some mercy was shown to a guy whose the scapegoat..and will live a horrid existance even after being released.Just a terrible turn of events...
11th May 2006 11:08 AM
jb
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
I am impressed that Judge Darigan resisted the immense public pressure to give the full ten to serve. As it is, the tour manager faced a harsher penalty in R.I. for this than in any but three other States. No penalty, even his execution, brings those poor killed souls back, so I think this is within the range of what I'd call a fair punishment. His lawyers argued well. A tragedy all around...the nighclub owners, those who selected, bought, and installed the all-too flammable sound insulation might face ten years to serve, however

True........a real tragedy for all.
11th May 2006 11:19 AM
glencar Well, this twit did set up fireworks indoors & 100 folks did die so some sentence was necessary.
11th May 2006 11:31 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Well, this twit did set up fireworks indoors & 100 folks did die so some sentence was necessary.

Agreed......I have no problem with the sentence.
11th May 2006 11:36 AM
pdog Band sucks. People dying sucks.
11th May 2006 11:37 AM
jb Take the "P" out of Pdog and =dog!!!!
11th May 2006 11:39 AM
pdog Do the humpdy hump.
11th May 2006 11:54 AM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

Agreed......I have no problem with the sentence.

Joshy, you are an awesome human bean!
11th May 2006 11:57 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Joshy, you are an awesome human bean!

Thank you...I do not do criminal law as it was very "seedy" and you can be prone to drug addiction.
11th May 2006 12:12 PM
lotsajizz I do criminal law, probably 40% of my practice is civil litgation--mostly labor and PI work, 30% domestic work, 20% criminal, 10% miscl--bankruptcy, probate, administrative....
11th May 2006 12:14 PM
jb
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
I do criminal law, probably 40% of my practice is civil litgation--mostly labor and PI work, 30% domestic work, 20% criminal, 10% miscl--bankruptcy, probate, administrative....

You are very diversified...you are very wealhty?
11th May 2006 12:17 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

Thank you...I do not do criminal law as it was very "seedy" and you can be prone to drug addiction.

Yes, criminal lawyers are generally sleazy.
11th May 2006 12:27 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
glencar wrote:

Yes, criminal lawyers are generally sleazy.

such as prosecutors

11th May 2006 12:29 PM
glencar LOL Prosecutors do the good work of society.
11th May 2006 12:30 PM
jb Sadly, when Reagan made all of the Fed stuff minimum maximum, there was no ability to make a plea deal....you had choice but to go to trial or if you had anything, turn state witness..
11th May 2006 12:31 PM
glencar Pleas are still being made.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)