ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Congratulations Keef: Cleared and back to rock!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Zealand TV video of Keith discharged Return to archive
11th May 2006 06:32 AM
Jeep Click on the picture :

11th May 2006 06:34 AM
FotiniD Oh thanks Jeep! Off to see it
11th May 2006 06:45 AM
Nellcote Thanks for the link.
How about the last line from Jacobina Plumber, the reporter, "There's speculation from his (Keith's) staff he may never perform live again".
Who in Keith's staff would have the guts to make that statement?
I guess irresponsible journalisim is not just a US thing..
[Edited by Nellcote]
11th May 2006 06:46 AM
DizzyDutchman great news!!!
thanks for this awesome video!!!
he looks good....

Michael
11th May 2006 06:51 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat He didn't look that well I think. Kind of fragile.
I'm worried.
11th May 2006 06:51 AM
PartyDoll MEG Very reassuring indeed!!
11th May 2006 06:59 AM
FotiniD I had the volume down cause my boss is here

Nellcote, I think that line is just a mix from all the various reports of tabloids...

Irresponsible journalism is a worldwide thing.

Strange Stray Cat, I wouldn't have expected him to look half as good as he did! Actually I think he was alright. Being in the hospital and undergoing operation don't exactly make wonders for the way you look! One puzzling thing was his mouth though, his lips looked a bit weird, but maybe I'm just seeing things or maybe it's the way the pictures were shot - that specific moment, that is. You can't tell a lot just from looking at a picture!

I got a good feeling for all this. You don't discharge a patient when there's fear for his life.
11th May 2006 07:04 AM
LadyJane Loved the official statement.

God Bless him.

tearfully,
LJ.
11th May 2006 07:05 AM
ListenToTheLion Keith looks allright. Watch my roar when I welcome him on an European stage.
11th May 2006 07:13 AM
Gazza
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:
He didn't look that well I think. Kind of fragile.
I'm worried.

Of course he's 'fragile' - he just had surgery a couple of days ago! Hardly expect him to be doing cartwheels on his way out of hospital!

Even the worst British NHS hospital wouldnt let someone go home 2 days after important surgery like that if they didnt think he was OK.
11th May 2006 07:14 AM
Gazza
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Loved the official statement.

God Bless him.

tearfully,
LJ.

please pass on my "love" to that twat you work with, LJ :-)
11th May 2006 07:19 AM
LadyJane
quote:
Gazza wrote:

please pass on my "love" to that twat you work with, LJ :-)

I'm tempted to wear my RO Tee shirt to work today.

Thanks for the text messages...cracked my ass up at lunch to read your words!!!!!

LJ.
11th May 2006 07:31 AM
sssoul >> "There's speculation from his (Keith's) staff ... <<

i watched the thing twice to make sure i was hearing right - she says "from THE staff", which only makes one wonder wtf staff she means - the Sun's? the local laundromat's? grr.

Keith, be *well* - all the way, baby, all the way
11th May 2006 07:35 AM
Gazza
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

I'm tempted to wear my RO Tee shirt to work today.

Thanks for the text messages...cracked my ass up at lunch to read your words!!!!!

LJ.

"Dont touch that dial" ;-)
11th May 2006 08:06 AM
corgi37 Crystal ball time: (woo - wooo - woooooooo).

"The Rolling Stones have announced they will cancel all European dates due to the injury sustained to Keith Richards. Spokesmen say the decision is regrettable, but unavoidable. Despite the amazing success of "A Bigger Bang", the band themselves feel now is the right time to end the bad ju-ju surrounding this tour. The Stones management have confirmed the band plan to retire from all live commitments except for one off special dates in the U.S. to be announced later. The band wish to thank all their European fans and hope they understand this hard decision. The "Brown sugar" band have annointed both Bon Jovi and U2 as successors to their mantle as "greatest band in the world that can still tour and make a quid after 25 years". Spokesmen for the band also confirm that Charlie Watts has quit the group and Ronnie Wood is back in rehab.

Mick "Jumping Jack Flash" Jagger has announced he plans to fullfil all commitments in a re-scheduled performance, featuring mainly works of his highly acclaimed solo career. Joining the "Satisfaction" singer will be Ace Frehley, Sammy hagar, Bill Wyman and the original drummer for Pearl Jam (er, whats-his-name) and other un-wanted rockers.

In further exciting news, and as a way of compensation, 2 new exciting Rolling Stones releases have been announced.

"Jump Back Again - fully digitally re-mastered versions of all the classics including Hot Stuff, Fool to cry and the very rare and much sought after, Start me up - The album version - is to be released.
The other exciting news for all fans is the rushed release (due to popular demand) of "Live Licks Redux". This amazing album features all the songs from the highly acclaimed 2 cd live set of the 2002-03 40 Licks tour, plus featuring new live cuts of rare gems Brown Sugar, Start me up and Street fighting man.

The Rolling Stones wish to thank all their fans for the years of dedication, and also for making them so rich that they have spent their entire lives without ever having to work a day....ever.

End of communication.
11th May 2006 10:04 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
One puzzling thing was his mouth though, his lips looked a bit weird, but maybe I'm just seeing things or maybe it's the way the pictures were shot

Yeah, noticed that too. It looks to me like he didn't have his artificial teeth in.
11th May 2006 10:07 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Yeah, noticed that too. It looks to me like he didn't have his artificial teeth in.

That's what I thought as well after watching it again
11th May 2006 10:55 AM
glencar Good job, Jeeep! It's nice to see Kiwi TV. It's nice to see Keef walking on his own power.
11th May 2006 12:34 PM
Mel Belli I think he looked remarkably healthy ... Much better on the way out than on the way in, that's for sure.
11th May 2006 02:10 PM
gimmekeef Spot on Mel....I think he looks as good as old!.....Cant wait to see him hit the stage again all cylinders roaring!
11th May 2006 02:19 PM
jb That's really horrible news about the speculation he will never play again...I am really depressed now...
[Edited by jb]
11th May 2006 02:36 PM
glencar Snap out of it! That was just idle speculation.
11th May 2006 02:40 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Snap out of it! That was just idle speculation.

I hope so!!!!!!!!!
11th May 2006 03:17 PM
Nellcote That was the kiwi reporter's attempt at making certain she gets a worldwide audience, he .04 sec of fame.
That last comment was pure rubbish.
She will be forgotten about by tomorrow.
11th May 2006 03:21 PM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
That was the kiwi reporter's attempt at making certain she gets a worldwide audience, he .04 sec of fame.
That last comment was pure rubbish.
She will be forgotten about by tomorrow.

jacobina?
11th May 2006 03:30 PM
Nellcote The girl's name Jacobina is of Hebrew origin, and its meaning is "he who supplants." Feminine form of Jacob. The name may be related to the romantic cause of the Scottish Jacobite movement of the 17th and 18th centuries to keep Stuart kings on the throne of England.

11th May 2006 03:35 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
The girl's name Jacobina is of Hebrew origin, and its meaning is "he who supplants." Feminine form of Jacob. The name may be related to the romantic cause of the Scottish Jacobite movement of the 17th and 18th centuries to keep Stuart kings on the throne of England.

I'll take Useless Jewish Trivia for 500 please Alex....lol
11th May 2006 03:37 PM
GotToRollMe Good news indeed. Thank you Jeep!
11th May 2006 03:41 PM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
The girl's name Jacobina is of Hebrew origin, and its meaning is "he who supplants." Feminine form of Jacob. The name may be related to the romantic cause of the Scottish Jacobite movement of the 17th and 18th centuries to keep Stuart kings on the throne of England.

Funny!!!! She was attractive!!!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)