ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Congratulations Keef: Cleared and back to rock!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: For Joey - Who news Return to archive
10th May 2006 11:39 AM
Gazza press release :

Pete Townshend Biography Independently Published Through Lulu.com Is Gaining Industry Accolades as 'The Who' Prepare for a Summer Tour

Townshend tells author he's "Pleased the book got published" at Print-on-Demand site Lulu.com.

Raliegh, NC (PRWEB) May 9, 2006 –- A new, critically acclaimed, exhaustively researched biography of legendary rock musician and songwriter Pete Townshend has been published on the eve of his band The Who’s most active period in years. Author Mark Wilkerson spent over eight years researching and writing the 641-page volume which chronicles the fascinating life of one of the world’s most intriguing rock stars. He met the rock legend in April 2006 while in London for The Who Convention (Picture attached).

“When I met Mr. Townshend, we talked about my book. As we shook hands and said goodbye, he said he was "very, very pleased" that my book was published,” said author Mark Wilkerson. “Quite frankly, I found Lulu on the web as I was looking for a publisher. As a first-time author, I couldn’t get traditional publishers to even consider my book, but Lulu.com provided me the opportunity to get my book out there and show people that it’s a legitimate piece of work.”

The release of Amazing Journey: The Life of Pete Townshend comes on the eve of a flurry of activity for The Who: June marks the kickoff of the European leg of The Who’s world tour, along with the release of an EP featuring Townshend’s new “mini-opera”, The Boy Who Heard Music. A full studio album is slated for release in September, representing the first studio release by The Who since 1982’s It’s Hard. The Who’s U.S. tour follows the European leg, this fall.

Critics are already praising the book, with the Rocky Mountain News calling it “…the most detailed, exacting study of his life we’ll likely get until Townshend releases his own autobiography – and maybe not even then.” The music industry trade magazine Friday Morning Quarterback called the book, “…Impressive… a compelling and readable account of the life of the man who wrote ‘hope I die before I get old’ yet lived on to share his own incredible musical journey with the world… the author aims and succeeds in presenting a well-balanced portrait of the Who visionary, warts and all.”

An interview with author Mark Wilkerson is now available at www.lulu.com/lulu_radio.

The book will also be discussed on national radio (Sirius Satellite Radio) starting next week, May 15.

AMAZING JOURNEY: THE LIFE OF PETE TOWNSHEND, ISBN 1-4116-7700-5 is currently available in downloadable .pdf format for $7.46, or trade paperback for $24.95 at www.lulu.com/amazingjourney. The book is also available at all major online book outlets.

MEDIA CONTACT:

Lulu
Melissa London
919.933-3511

Author
Mark Wilkerson

10th May 2006 12:20 PM
Joey

Bless You Gazza .....

You are much loved by Joey

" A full studio album is slated for release in September, representing the first studio release by The Who since 1982’s It’s Hard. The Who’s U.S. tour follows the European leg, this fall. "

10th May 2006 01:16 PM
Jumping Jack Joey, how excited are you???
10th May 2006 01:23 PM
Gazza are you telling me you cant feel your penis being grabbed from the direction of Nebraska as you read this?
10th May 2006 01:42 PM
Jumping Jack That must be why I am smiling. Oops, I just knocked over my coffee, LOL!
10th May 2006 01:43 PM
glencar I have Sirius radio but I will not bother trying to find whatever station is promoing this nonsense.
10th May 2006 03:54 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
I have Sirius radio but I will not bother trying to find whatever station is promoing this nonsense.

You shall NOT be greeted this fall .

www.QWESTCENTER.com

10th May 2006 03:55 PM
glencar Don't have Sirius, do ya?
10th May 2006 05:16 PM
Trey Krimsin I don't even think Cafe Hostess Jill could make Joey as happy as a new Who album and tour would.

That's saying something.

I think..........
10th May 2006 05:21 PM
glencar Yes, he's "that way"!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)