ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Congratulations Keef: Cleared and back to rock!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: May 10 - another blast from the past Return to archive
10th May 2006 05:43 AM
Gazza I see theres a few "May 10" blast-from-the-past threads on the board today.....here's another more recent one

Hard to believe its a year ago today :

10th May 2006 05:52 AM
CHIEFMOON Yes indeed Gazza.
Mighty quick year, it has been too.
10th May 2006 07:43 AM
glencar I shoulda gone!
10th May 2006 07:47 AM
egon "another blast from the past"

[Edited by egon]
10th May 2006 07:51 AM
LadyJane egon...I love that slideshow.

We've had a great year, thanks to this Band.

Let's all take a deep breath, keep everything in perspective and try to focus and all the fun that is yet to come.

Hope...we HAVE to have hope.

LJ.
10th May 2006 08:01 AM
egon yes, those were the days!

10th May 2006 08:10 AM
GotToRollMe That's so cool, Egon. Here's hoping for another NY summit in the fall with our Keith safe and sound so I can get to meet all you lovely folks.
10th May 2006 02:16 PM
FPM C10 An interesting day all around! From Wikipedia:

Events

1768 - John Wilkes is imprisoned for writing an article for the North Briton severely criticizing King George III. This action provokes rioting in London.

1801 - First Barbary War: The Barbary pirates of Tripoli declare war on the United States.

1837 - Panic of 1837: New York City banks fail, and unemployment reaches record levels.

1857 - Indian Mutiny: In India, the Sepoys revolt against the British Army.

1865 - American Civil War: Jefferson Davis is captured by Union troops near Irwinville, Georgia.

He was NOT captured wearing a dress, as was commonly believed at the time.

1865 - American Civil War: Union soldiers ambush and mortally wound Confederate raider William Quantrill in Kentucky, who lingers until his death on June 6.

1872 - Victoria Woodhull becomes the first woman nominated for President of the United States.

1924 - J. Edgar Hoover is appointed the Director of the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation, and remains so until his death in 1972.

1933 - Censorship: In Germany, the Nazis stage massive public book burnings.

1940 - World War II: The first German bombs of the war fall on England at Chilham and Petham, in Kent.

1940 - World War II: Winston Churchill is appointed Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.

1941 - World War II: The House of Commons in London is destroyed by the Luftwaffe in an air raid.

1941 - World War II: Rudolf Hess parachutes into Scotland in order to try and negotiate a peace deal between the United Kingdom and Nazi Germany.

"What was I THINKIN'???"

1954 - Bill Haley and the Comets release "Rock Around the Clock", the first rock and roll record to reach number one on the charts.

1969 - The Battle of Dong Ap Bia begins with an assault on Hill 937. It will ultimately become known as Hamburger Hill.
Young Joey awarded Purple Heart when he suffers a paper cut while rolling a "fattie".

1969 - The first "Zip to Zap" rural outdoor rock concert at Zap, North Dakota, is ended prematurely as North Dakota National Guard is ordered to disperse the unruly crowd.

1994 - The U.S. state of Illinois executes serial killer John Wayne Gacy for the murder of 33 young men and boys.

1994 - Nelson Mandela becomes the first black president of South Africa.

1994 - 300 active-duty United States Marines stationed at Twenty-Nine Palms receive a 46-question, multiple-choice survey. Given a hypothetical situation, more than a quarter of respondents indicate their willingness to "fire upon U.S. citizens who refuse or resist confiscation of firearms banned by the U.S. government." On the positive side, almost two-thirds recognize that the order would be patently unconstitutional.

2005 - A hand grenade allegedly thrown by Vladimir Arutinian lands about 100 feet from United States President George W. Bush while he is giving a speech to a crowd in Tbilisi, Georgia, but malfunctions and does not detonate.

Births

1838 - John Wilkes Booth, American actor and assassin of Abraham Lincoln (d. 1865)
1890 - Alfred Jodl, German general (d. 1946)
1899 - Fred Astaire, American singer, dancer, and actor (d. 1987)

1909 - Mother Maybelle Carter, American musician

1916 - Milton Babbitt, American composer
1946 - Donovan, Scottish musician
1946 - Dave Mason, English musician (Traffic)
1955 - Mark David Chapman, American assassin of John Lennon
1957 - Sid Vicious, English bassist (The Sex Pistols) (d. 1979)
1958 - Rick Santorum, NeoCon lapdog
1960 - Bono, twat

Deaths
1691 - Colonel John Birch, English soldier (b. 1615)
1818 - Paul Revere, American patriot (b. 1735)

1863 - Stonewall Jackson, American Confederate general (b. 1824)

1977 - Joan Crawford, American actress (b. 1905)
1999 - Shel Silverstein, American poet and composer ("A Boy Named Sue") (b. 1930)

Holidays and observances

Celebration of the Clandestine Retreat of Ma'at and Re in Ancient Egypt.

Confederate Memorial Day in North Carolina and South Carolina.

Mania (mythology) in Ancient Rome.

[Edited by FPM C10]
10th May 2006 02:27 PM
egon rather quiet between 69 & 94
10th May 2006 03:13 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
1960 - Bono, twat

Lol, 'appy birthday to the Twat!
10th May 2006 03:42 PM
glencar Bono is great!
10th May 2006 03:59 PM
FPM C10
quote:
glencar wrote:
Bono is great!

A great TWAT!

What a weird bunch of birthdays today...
10th May 2006 04:13 PM
Saint Sway I was there at Lincoln Center. Actually I was there at midnight the night b4. Pretty exciting. Only time I've seen the band perform with just the core group. Sounded great. ONNYA was such a tease. Loved it and really thought we were gonna get an old school rocker of an album for Bang. Too bad they "Godessed" it up so much.... but I digress... a great memory! Easily the best of the press conferences I've caught since '89.
10th May 2006 04:48 PM
Gazza
quote:
egon wrote:
rather quiet between 69 & 94

No surprise after the infamous "Zip to Zap" incident in 1969. A hard act to follow!
10th May 2006 04:50 PM
glencar Yes, North Dakota rocked for that one day. well, half of it anyway!
10th May 2006 04:53 PM
BONOISLOVE
quote:
glencar wrote:
Bono is great!

COME TO DADDY!!
10th May 2006 05:02 PM
pdog
quote:
BONOISLOVEISATWAT wrote:
Bono Is A Twat!

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)