ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Congratulations Keef: Cleared and back to rock!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones deny Keith Richards suffered brain damage Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
10th May 2006 04:14 PM
glencar
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I laughed it off.....I NEVER let my emotions interfere with my professionalism, well, almost never.

A true Gemini....I have dual personalities.

Hey I wasn't the only one freaking out last night, Blue. In fact I was fine until the rest of you (Riffy, MEG, SV, Steel Wheels, YOU, et al) got me going. Then...complete basket case.

I love Keith.....

LJ.

We all do, LJ. You were freaking out ALL DAY. It's why we all love you. No big deal. But I was worried for you a bit. I care.

10th May 2006 04:15 PM
LadyJane I know you do, Blue.

I love you all.

Well, most of you.

LJ.

10th May 2006 04:16 PM
jb Glencar showed emortion?
10th May 2006 04:17 PM
glencar Shut up, Joshy. For a dispaly of my emotion, see the latest Dick Bush thread. That Dutchie has really angered me.
10th May 2006 04:17 PM
jb I shall review asap!!!
10th May 2006 04:19 PM
glencar LJ, I was worried about Keith after seeing Riffy's post. the whole family thing hit close to home. I hope & pray everything is okay for the Richards family.
10th May 2006 04:22 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
LJ, I was worried about Keith after seeing Riffy's post. the whole family thing hit close to home. I hope & pray everything is okay for the Richards family.

You were very emotional!!!!
10th May 2006 04:23 PM
LadyJane
quote:
glencar wrote:
LJ, I was worried about Keith after seeing Riffy's post. the whole family thing hit close to home. I hope & pray everything is okay for the Richards family.

--Riffy's post AND the message he left on my cell phone
--Pam posting a pic of her rosary beads.
--Moonie telling us to prepare for the worst.

It was like all of my close friends had a forboding sense of a horrible tragedy. Really scared me as I believe in the supernatural, especially where the Stones are concerned.

LJ.

PS...I couldn't watch House!!

10th May 2006 04:28 PM
glencar I taped it. I haven't yet watched it. I'm too pissed off right now.
10th May 2006 04:33 PM
MrPleasant I stil don't understand why Keith climbed that tree.
10th May 2006 04:34 PM
glencar Drunk?
10th May 2006 04:35 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
I stil don't understand why Keith climbed that tree.

He was drunk and the tree had coconuts in it. Who wouldn't have started climbing?
10th May 2006 04:39 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

He was drunk and the tree had coconuts in it. Who wouldn't have started climbing?

Yeah, but, was he going to have sex after that?

Maybe he climbed just for the smell of it.
10th May 2006 04:42 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:

Yeah, but, was he going to have sex after that?

Maybe he climbed just for the smell of it.

Coconut sex? You mean like some sort of atavistic simian gene within Richards' complex went all aberrant like?
10th May 2006 04:43 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
glencar wrote:
Drunk?

Not yet, thank you.
10th May 2006 04:43 PM
glencar Get started!
10th May 2006 04:45 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Coconut sex? You mean like some sort of atavistic simian gene within Richards' complex went all aberrant like?

I'll admit it: I'm a palm sniffer.
10th May 2006 04:47 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
glencar wrote:
Get started!

I can't end it.
10th May 2006 05:11 PM
RhyminWyman I heard it is easy to see those palm trees with the cocunuts and want one; kind of garden of eden type of deal.
10th May 2006 05:12 PM
pdog I hear it's real easy to buy one from a 5 year old kid wearing a flowered skirt!
10th May 2006 05:16 PM
Gimme Shelter From RS.com

05.10.06 Keith Richards Continues To Improve
Contrary to stories in newspapers in New Zealand and the UK, Keith Richards did not undergo a second operation. The first and only operation was done on Monday, May 8 and was 100% successful. There was no brain damage. He continues to improve as expected.

The Rolling Stones "A Bigger Bang European tour" will begin in June with details to follow shortly.
10th May 2006 05:17 PM
RhyminWyman
quote:
pdog wrote:
I hear it's real easy to buy one from a 5 year old kid wearing a flowered skirt!

I heard it was easy to listen to what a Rolling Stone said at the BBC, not the one who called Hitler great;
10th May 2006 05:21 PM
glencar RhyminWoman, all your posts should be in verse from now on. TIA!
10th May 2006 05:25 PM
pdog
quote:
RhyminWyman wrote:

I heard it was easy to listen to what a Rolling Stone said at the BBC, not the one who called Hitler great;

No one understands you.
10th May 2006 06:05 PM
Gazza Not even 24 hours after effectively stating that Keith might end up as a vegetable and inable to perform again, it appears that now even "The Sun" have had a reality check and are now running the "all is OK" line - by just putting this as an "update" without even an acknowledgement that this makes their previous story look a bit stupid and hysterical...

Keef 'doing very well'

By SUN ONLINE REPORTER

ROLLING Stone Keith Richards is “doing very well” following surgery after his fall from a palm tree, model Jerry Hall said today.

The former wife of Stones front man, Mick Jagger, said she was in email contact with Richards’ family, who are with him in hospital in New Zealand.

The 62-year-old guitarist had an operation on Monday to relieve pressure on his brain, but has already been “up and about chatting, and phoning New York” according to a spokesman for the band.

Hall, 49, speaking at the London launch of a helpline for victims of child abuse said: “I heard that he is doing very well.

“We are very upset about it. Mick is on holiday at the moment so he is
hearing the same news as we are.”

Hall, who said she originally introduced Richards to his wife, Patti Hansen, added that she had not been on the phone to New Zealand.

Richards underwent his operation at the Ascot Hospital in Auckland after suffering a brain haemorrhage following the accident in Fiji two weeks ago.

The operation involved drilling a hole in the skull to drain blood from the brain.

A spokesman for the band said last night: “Contrary to stories in newspapers in New Zealand and the UK, Keith Richards did not undergo a second operation.

The first and only operation was done on Monday May 8, and was 100 per cent successful.

There was no brain damage. He continues to improve as expected.

The Rolling Stones “A Bigger Bang European Tour’ will begin in June with details to follow shortly.

Dates for the Continental leg of the tour have been put back, with the late May opening gig in Barcelona now set for June.

Richards’ spokesman previously said the operation was a “complete success” and that the rocker would need a “few weeks’ recuperation”.

Link to the story here :
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006210378,00.html

(Christ, that Keith pic looks very familiar. Cant quite place where I've seen it before, however)

This is from today's editorial (obviously written before their 'revised' story reprinted above)

Get well Keef

EVERYONE thought it was funny when Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards fell out of a coconut tree.

But his injuries are now revealed to be far more serious than thought.

Keith has undergone two major ops and there are fears of brain damage.

The 62-year-old has entertained the world — on and off the stage — for more than 40 years.

Our thoughts and prayers are with old Keef, one of the great rock legends.

----------------------------

Bless them. How nice to see they were 'praying' for him whilst at the same time making up scare stories. They're all heart, eh?

[Edited by Gazza]
10th May 2006 06:07 PM
Saint Sway plenty of new posters sprouting up. Keith's accident is good for business.
10th May 2006 06:13 PM
glencar Gazza, what's worse: the Sun or the Mail?
10th May 2006 08:42 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Gazza, what's worse: the Sun or the Mail?

depends what angle you want to read on things and what the subject matter is

The Sun tends to be worse for exaggerating and simply making stuff up and is more 'celebrity obsessed'. Its not really a serious newspaper when it comes to actual 'news'. however at the same time, theyre the biggest selling paper in the country and get a lot of exclusives.

The Mail is more 'newsy',but more reactionary and basically hates everyone who they see as being responsible for the ills of modern society. And its a pretty large list!
11th May 2006 11:51 AM
polytoxic
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
The last place to look for real news is the Stones' website. They get everything wrong, and are paid to wear a happy face.

Sometimes I feel that attitude has slid over to these message boards.
11th May 2006 12:21 PM
glencar I remember the Mail seemed very anti-American!
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)