ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Congratulations Keef: Cleared and back to rock!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: THE ROLLING STONES STAR RICHARDS IS FIGHTING FOR HIS LIFE Return to archive Page: 1 2
9th May 2006 02:52 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

I haver never had the honor of greeting Ulf...

but you know of this legendary man.
9th May 2006 02:53 PM
Dick Bush This appears to be kinda dirty sex tabloid, right?

Are you reading it regularly?

9th May 2006 02:54 PM
speedfreakjive lets hope this is bullshit, and hope Keith is OK.
9th May 2006 02:56 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

but you know of this legendary man.

Yes....he is a great Stones fan and is to be respected. I beleive he had a "list".
9th May 2006 03:36 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I'm sure he's a wonderful person.

But I reserve my right to disagree with ANYONE that says that the Stones should play WITHOUT KEITH and attempt to replace him witht the two most useless band members: WOODY & BLONDIE.

he may be the worlds most awesome Stones fan but thats still just about the most absurd idea I've read here.

If you disagree is ok, but to insult him is not.
9th May 2006 03:40 PM
MemoFromTinaTurner Bad idea. I wouldn't want to see the Stones without Keith. I'd feel cheated. I've paid more than 60 euros for the ticket so I don't want to see Chaplin taking Keef's place, no matter how good he is on guitar.
9th May 2006 03:41 PM
glencar Great handle! I agree that having Blunder in there is a bad idea.
9th May 2006 03:59 PM
stonedu I don't understand why people loose their way of writing
in a more balanced way.

Espescially I found *if you don't know Ulf..you don't know shit* a very nice and polite statement.

And what was so awful about the posting.Wasn't it a tribute
to Keith?

And what would be so awful that I really urges that he takes enough time to recover.....because we want him for many many more years.

And what is so terrible with the band going on while he is
recovering......and then elegantly join in.....

I think(read:That is what I think) Ronnie is the most versatile artist of the band by the way,so it could be exciting during the wait for Keith.

That is in short what I wrote about and meant.

And the end I suppose says it all about my feelings for Keith.

So I find the weird comments mostly a joke.

Ulf

Ulf
9th May 2006 04:04 PM
glencar So do we, Ulf, so do we.
9th May 2006 04:08 PM
lotsajizz gee, we agree Glencar....

what's next, Iran and Israel?

Yankees and Red Sox?

9th May 2006 04:09 PM
gimmekeef Ulf has provided me with hours of Stones listening and information.And he doesnt know me from Adam.I believe along with our mods here and Stonesdoug these guys know where its at and I may not always agree but will not try to flame them up....This Keith story has too many legs for my comfort level....
9th May 2006 04:16 PM
jb Thanks Ulf..you are a man I would like to greet.
9th May 2006 04:20 PM
Joey

< ---- Thanks Ulf..you are a man I would like to greet.

Me too Lil' Fella ( Lil' Fiji ) .....
9th May 2006 05:11 PM
Gazza I tried to access the link to that Swedish paper in work today but was blocked from doing so as it was considered an "adult material" site.

So I guess its just another sensationalistic tits and bums tabloid.
9th May 2006 05:23 PM
stonedu What have I done that is so upsetting?

I adore Keith which includes that he really follows doctors
advices so he gets really well again as we need him for many years to come.Praising him with the last phrase.

Getting totally insane comments is a bad way of communication.

Most interesting I found *If you haven't seen Ulf....you haven't seen shit*.......well be happy you weren't close to me when stating that.

I said I don't believe a shit what the evening papers said.

And told about the long operation Keith had where lots of blood was taken out that luckily lies outside the brain under the skull and therefore doesn't affect the brain after a recovery long enough.

And the proposal to just go on with the tour....and let Keith elegantly join in when he is recovered could become
something exciting and I don't think people would not come.

That I consider Ronnie the most versatile artist in the band does of course not mean that I would like a Stones without Keith...that is an impossibility of course...but
for some concerts why not?The Stones have not been very experimental during their latest tours so a good opportunity now.

What is the problem?

Ulf
9th May 2006 05:33 PM
Gazza No problem - youre just reporting what you read. As we all do.
9th May 2006 05:35 PM
stonedu About the two eveing papers that are biggest in Sweden.They have had higher quality but are not as low down as e.g. the Sun.And they are not papers filled with tits and shit.They try to be as balanced as possible..if that is possible when the main thing is to sell as many copies every night as possible so therefore *dramatic* first pages....there are even cultural pages in them

So I used the first page as the subject to then say you can't believe that.

But inside what had happened with Keith's injury and the long operation was true.But of course not fighting for his life.That he would have done and lost the fight if noone had reacted when he started complaining of headaches...but now the pressure from the blood is evacuated and it is only this very important matter of taking enough time for recovery not to get later problems.

COME ON KEITH!And better to start wlking before running.

Ulf
9th May 2006 07:12 PM
Soldatti Too much colors on that paper, its a tabloid.
9th May 2006 08:48 PM
Steel Wheels Jesus Christ! I'm going out of my fucking mind with this story. Nothing had better happen to Keith. I cannot get my mind around all of this negative bullshit.

9th May 2006 09:04 PM
glencar Get a grip!
9th May 2006 09:08 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
stonedu wrote:
What have I done that is so upsetting?
Most interesting I found *If you haven't seen Ulf....you haven't seen shit*.......well be happy you weren't close to me when stating that.
What is the problem?

Your English comprehension apparently. The above quote (actually it was 'If you don't know Ulf....you don't know shit') was a compliment.
Now under reconsideration.

[Edited by lotsajizz]
9th May 2006 09:11 PM
the good I'm getting freaked out. Now they are saying Keith may have brain damage...
10th May 2006 12:35 PM
stonedu BROKEN ENGLISH!!!

Very very sorry.....and a too hasty response to it from me.
That is one thing I more or less hate with myself....THINK...(a lovely song btw)....at least for some seconds before posting......just read it straight thru....
and should have looked in the book I have beside me on
special English or what it is called....

Ulf
10th May 2006 12:43 PM
stonedu I think we suddenly can stop worrying.According to today's
New York Post Keith is doing very well and it is said two concerts will be postponed and that the start of the European leg will be Gothenburg(AH!Sweden).........and that goes well with that Swedish doctor's view with 1-2 months rest.....it makes one...and Keith needs only the lower number....the survivor...The Stones will roll on...
WITH KEITH....

The speculations of course get wild when a thing like this happens but that blood collected between the brain and the skull has been evacuated is true and also true is with no complications during the procedure which is a routine thing
really the brain gets back to normal.Totally different with
bleedings inside the brain...but that is not the case with Keith......So why don't we sing this song altogether...

Ulf
10th May 2006 12:48 PM
jb Ulf remains a great man and Stones fan.
10th May 2006 01:28 PM
Cocaine Eyes The Swedish papers are trying to sell more papers, IMHO.
10th May 2006 01:31 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
stonedu wrote:
What have I done that is so upsetting?

I adore Keith which includes that he really follows doctors
advices so he gets really well again as we need him for many years to come.Praising him with the last phrase.

Getting totally insane comments is a bad way of communication.

I said I don't believe a shit what the evening papers said.

And told about the long operation Keith had where lots of blood was taken out that luckily lies outside the brain under the skull and therefore doesn't affect the brain after a recovery long enough.

And the proposal to just go on with the tour....and let Keith elegantly join in when he is recovered could become
something exciting and I don't think people would not come.

That I consider Ronnie the most versatile artist in the band does of course not mean that I would like a Stones without Keith...that is an impossibility of course...but
for some concerts why not?The Stones have not been very experimental during their latest tours so a good opportunity now.

What is the problem?

Ulf

I think the only problem is many of us cant fathom a Keithless Stones...even for a few shows...For me he is The Stones....

10th May 2006 01:44 PM
72Tele Take the Jovan sponsership,the sprint phones, the elephants, Elton, that half a fag from nsyc,the riding in on a blimp,monday night football ads,corparate gigs for Pepsi and who ever else,micks solo records,mick in a sit com,that inflatable cock, steel wheels,a sober Ron Wood, those four lame songs on 40 licks,that cock sucker of a keyboard player that was all over steel wheels area live and studio stuff (matt something)?,the super bowl,live in a 90210 episode and Mick in football pants and jersey add it all up multiply it by a zillion and it would not come close to the stones playing ONE SONG without Keith. The ultimate cringer. Well at least Ween is coming to my town this July.
10th May 2006 01:45 PM
glencar Ah yes, we may not have teh Stones ever again but there's always "Ween" to help us get through.
10th May 2006 02:04 PM
Gazza
quote:
72Tele wrote:
Take the Jovan sponsership,the sprint phones, the elephants, Elton, that half a fag from nsyc,the riding in on a blimp,monday night football ads,corparate gigs for Pepsi and who ever else,micks solo records,mick in a sit com,that inflatable cock, steel wheels,a sober Ron Wood, those four lame songs on 40 licks,that cock sucker of a keyboard player that was all over steel wheels area live and studio stuff (matt something)?,the super bowl,live in a 90210 episode and Mick in football pants and jersey add it all up multiply it by a zillion and it would not come close to the stones playing ONE SONG without Keith. The ultimate cringer. Well at least Ween is coming to my town this July.

you forgot "Days of our lives" {{{shiver}}} and the "Salt Lake Incident" but I agree with the spirit of your post!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)