ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Congratulations Keef: Cleared and back to rock!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Europe tour "delayed until June" ! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
9th May 2006 10:24 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Bummer. Certainly not an amount to be sniffed at.

Surely most hotels dont charge you if you cancel in advance, though??

I would have thought that transport costs would have been the only 'non refundable' bill?

Correct. The hotels I booked, will charge a small cancellation fee however. Just checked.
On the other hand, I might just go to Barcalona and Madrid.
9th May 2006 10:44 AM
voodoopug shame on all of you are are blasting the stones for postponing/canceling/rescheduling shows due to the lead guitarist having brain surgery.

If you could not afford to lose the money, you should not have booked the trip! Be disappointed, not vengefull!
9th May 2006 10:46 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
shame on all of you are are blasting the stones for postponing/canceling/rescheduling shows due to the lead guitarist having brain surgery.

If you could not afford to lose the money, you should not have booked the trip! Be disappointed, not vengefull!

ROFL. Don't be foolish.
9th May 2006 10:50 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

ROFL. Don't be foolish.

its a fact! TO be angry at the stones for changing the tour when they had no choice is ridiculous. Those who scrape up their last penny to spend it all on traveling to see a band have bigger problems than cancelled shows.
9th May 2006 10:58 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

its a fact! TO be angry at the stones for changing the tour when they had no choice is ridiculous. Those who scrape up their last penny to spend it all on traveling to see a band have bigger problems than cancelled shows.

Well, we all want the see that one band now don't we.
And I know I'm lucky. Money is not really an issue for me. But it will be for a lot more.
9th May 2006 11:40 AM
Gazza
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
shame on all of you are are blasting the stones for postponing/canceling/rescheduling shows due to the lead guitarist having brain surgery.

who's 'blasting' the Stones for postponing shows? Its unavoidable.

Dont be a cock.
9th May 2006 11:52 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Dont be a cock.

In my opinion,this is emprassing.How dare he?
I´m just thinking,how the hell,are they going to re-organize beginning of the tour?Playing in Bergen,later this
year,is going to be a problem.Thats a place,where it rains
most of the year,and its not very warm there either.September is out of the question.And the tour was
planned to end in august.Gothenburg might be the 1st show,of the tour.Keith should really think twice,what to do,stop being a damn clown,and concentrade on music.
No wonder charlie wants to quit touring.

that is just one from an earlier post. I use facts.

I am not transforming into a phallus (see: Cock)

Glad to see you keep it real as well Gazza...Salud
9th May 2006 11:56 AM
Gazza Think you'll find he's blasting Keith for being irresponsible - not the Stones who, due to his foolishness, have no option but to postpone shows

as zealous as you are on emphasising the importance of the Stones making as much money as possible I would have thought that (while undoubtedly and justifiably stressing that Keith's health is the most important issue) you would have sympathised with that concern somewhat ;-)
9th May 2006 12:06 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Think you'll find he's blasting Keith for being irresponsible - not the Stones who, due to his foolishness, have no option but to postpone shows

as zealous as you are on emphasising the importance of the Stones making as much money as possible I would have thought that (while undoubtedly and justifiably stressing that Keith's health is the most important issue) you would have sympathised with that concern somewhat ;-)

good line of thinking, but I put personal health and family above finances....so you get the idea how much I care about a healthy family.

It is ridiculous for people to blast Keith for not acting responsible. Keith wouldnt be Keith if it wasnt for years and years of irresponsibility.
9th May 2006 12:29 PM
Gazza
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

good line of thinking, but I put personal health and family above finances....so you get the idea how much I care about a healthy family.

likewise.

quote:
It is ridiculous for people to blast Keith for not acting responsible. Keith wouldnt be Keith if it wasnt for years and years of irresponsibility.

maybe - but this isnt 1972 anymore and he'd be in better shape today if he WAS more responsible. And shrugging our shoulders and dismissing it as 'good ol' Keith having one of his japes' doesnt make it easier for a lot of people who have been inconvenienced by him forgetting that he's 62 and not 12 years old anymore. It doesnt make it easier for his worried family either. As much as I feel sorry for him and am concerned for his health, the bottom line is that rank stupidity almost killed him.

Personally I've found the 'let him drink and drug himself all he likes - he's indestructable' argument a bit outdated and tiresome. He's quite obviously self-deluded enough to half-believe it himself. Maybe this will be an unpleasant way of giving himself a reality check. He'll run out of lives eventually, unfortunately.
[Edited by Gazza]
9th May 2006 01:02 PM
blackandblue [quote]Gazza wrote:
maybe - but this isnt 1972 anymore and he'd be in better shape today if he WAS more responsible.
[Edited by Gazza]

Bullshit! In 1972 Keith was on top of the dead list. He is nowadays more responsable than in the early seventies when he was a walking corpse with no teeth.
9th May 2006 01:04 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:

maybe - but this isnt 1972 anymore and he'd be in better shape today if he WAS more responsible. And shrugging our shoulders and dismissing it as 'good ol' Keith having one of his japes' doesnt make it easier for a lot of people who have been inconvenienced by him forgetting that he's 62 and not 12 years old anymore. It doesnt make it easier for his worried family either. As much as I feel sorry for him and am concerned for his health, the bottom line is that rank stupidity almost killed him.

Personally I've found the 'let him drink and drug himself all he likes - he's indestructable' argument a bit outdated and tiresome. He's quite obviously self-deluded enough to half-believe it himself. Maybe this will be an unpleasant way of giving himself a reality check. He'll run out of lives eventually, unfortunately.
[Edited by Gazza]

I agree 100%
9th May 2006 01:04 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:

likewise.

[Edited by Gazza]

good points...but lets not let it get out of hand that Keith should have been recording church hymns and a spokesman for the D.A.R.E. program (Drug Abuse Resistance Education). Keith is who he is and we should not expect, nor attack a 62 year old man for changing how he lives his life.

You will always be greeted!
9th May 2006 01:32 PM
Angiegirl Hey you guys, you all assume he really did climb that tree, you even assume he was dead drunk when he did (not a strange assumption, I agree, lol).

But I don't believe for a second he fell out of a tree. It's clear he fell, but maybe he just slipped in the bathroom, maybe even sober (or as sober as can be with Keef). It could happen to the best of us.

At the same time, if he did do something risky and stupid, then he is an arse, being in the middle of a tour. But we all do stupid things when we get overexcited (or, drunk ).

It just sucks. For him. For us.
9th May 2006 01:36 PM
jb
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Hey you guys, you all assume he really did climb that tree, you even assume he was dead drunk when he did (not a strange assumption, I agree, lol).

But I don't believe for a second he fell out of a tree. It's clear he fell, but maybe he just slipped in the bathroom, maybe even sober (or as sober as can be with Keef). It could happen to the best of us.

At the same time, if he did do something risky and stupid, then he is an arse, being in the middle of a tour. But we all do stupid things when we get overexcited (or, drunk ).

It just sucks. For him. For us.

He should have been with Mick writing some new stuff instead of being an ass clown with Ronnie...this ain't 1978
9th May 2006 02:08 PM
pdog Some Stones fans are really fucking selfish!
9th May 2006 02:19 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Dont be a cock.

Funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9th May 2006 02:20 PM
voodoopug
quote:
pdog wrote:
Some Stones fans are really fucking selfish!

those are the fans whom we will NOT make dreams come true!
9th May 2006 02:23 PM
parmeda
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Dont be a cock.

Gazza...Do I have your permission to use your quote as my tag-line?

9th May 2006 02:25 PM
jb
quote:
parmeda wrote:

Gazza...Do I have your permission to use your quote as my tag-line?

I beleive "cock" is an english term for "dick"?
9th May 2006 02:29 PM
parmeda
quote:
jb wrote:
I beleive "cock" is an english term for "dick"?

Well I would hope so; being that's the context of which I've assumed it was being used, lmao

And speaking of pricks....
9th May 2006 02:31 PM
voodoopug
quote:
parmeda wrote:

Well I would hope so; being that's the context of which I've assumed it was being used, lmao

And speaking of pricks....

9th May 2006 02:35 PM
parmeda pug...do you have that pic saved in your arsonal of "parmeda abuse" file?

...you goof
9th May 2006 02:37 PM
jb
quote:
parmeda wrote:
pug...do you have that pic saved in your arsonal of "parmeda abuse" file?

...you goof

Steve bartman is not jewish(?).........I hope .
9th May 2006 02:41 PM
voodoopug
quote:
parmeda wrote:
pug...do you have that pic saved in your arsonal of "parmeda abuse" file?

...you goof

i have many others my love!!

come to our side....THE SOUTH SIDE BABY!
9th May 2006 02:45 PM
parmeda
quote:
jb wrote:
Steve bartman is not jewish(?).........I hope .

Bartman is an asshole...it's got nothing to do with ethnics, babe.
9th May 2006 02:46 PM
parmeda
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

i have many others my love!!

come to our side....THE SOUTH SIDE BABY!

Never.

Wild horses couldn't drag me into US Cellular.
9th May 2006 02:48 PM
voodoopug
quote:
parmeda wrote:

Bartman is an asshole...it's got nothing to do with ethnics, babe.

Some things left to chance, including BP pitcher

May 3, 2006

BY TONI GINNETTI Staff Reporter

Left-handed pitchers have been the bane of the Cubs for the last two seasons, and no one is sure why.

But after the team's record fell Tuesday to 3-7 against southpaws, after a 24-27 record last season, there are theories.

Manager Dusty Baker wonders if the lack of a left-handed batting-practice pitcher is a factor.

"It matters because you get to see them on a game day [with a lefty scheduled],'' Baker said.

"I don't know why it's been so difficult to find someone who doesn't work days. We had some guys lined up, and it didn't work out.''

The players are less inclined to think that is important.

"For some guys, maybe,'' Jerry Hairston Jr. said. "It depends on the individual.''

Left-handed hitter Todd Walker said the problem is "more having quality at-bats, putting the fat part of the bat on the ball, and in this park, keeping it out of the wind.''

"The best two balls I hit today were outs [to right field],'' he said, "and the other two were hits.

THIS IS HAPPENING BECAUSE THEY CANT FIND A LEFTY BP PITCHER....HUMILIATING.
9th May 2006 02:53 PM
glencar Puggy, you should stay on Pammy's good side since it looks like you pissed off all the other A-listers...and Sway.
9th May 2006 02:54 PM
glencar
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:
It will cost me about 1000 euro. Tickets, airline tickets and hotel costs. Insurance won't cover, so I'm thinking bout selling all my Stones tix to cover for the loss.

Go anyway; you'll still have a grand old time!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)