ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Congratulations Keef: Cleared and back to rock!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Europe tour "delayed until June" ! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
8th May 2006 09:02 PM
PartyDoll MEG Head injuries can be tricky and no "easy" guarantees for speedy recovery. Minor surgeries can have 3-4 weeks recovery, but we are talking about brain surgery here! Foremost, I hope Keith has a full, speedy recovery and can get back to being Keith, the riffmeister!!

Disappointed as all of you must feel, hopefully the tour will continue at some point for our European family. Not knowing is the hardest part- as always!
8th May 2006 09:04 PM
Altamont We must get revenge on that gawd damn coconut!

8th May 2006 09:06 PM
glencar You are defintely not "z list" mi amigo! (Might as well practice espanol now!)
8th May 2006 10:49 PM
justforyou
quote:
pdog wrote:
I'm hoping Keith will be okay. I could give a rats ass if they ever play live again...

Good for you, but Keith enjoys touring...
8th May 2006 10:50 PM
pdog
quote:
justforyou wrote:

Good for you, but Keith enjoys touring...

I'm hoping Keith will be okay. I could give a rats ass if they ever play live again...
8th May 2006 11:04 PM
sunnybandyo99 Actually how is he doing now.I'm a 16 years old boy from India.
9th May 2006 03:26 AM
corgi37 He's doing better.

I am a 16 year old girl from Hong Kong.
9th May 2006 03:32 AM
marko In my opinion,this is emprassing.How dare he?
I´m just thinking,how the hell,are they going to re-organize beginning of the tour?Playing in Bergen,later this
year,is going to be a problem.Thats a place,where it rains
most of the year,and its not very warm there either.September is out of the question.And the tour was
planned to end in august.Gothenburg might be the 1st show,of the tour.Keith should really think twice,what to do,stop being a damn clown,and concentrade on music.
No wonder charlie wants to quit touring.
9th May 2006 03:38 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
corgi37 wrote:

Maybe you two could be pen pals!
9th May 2006 04:51 AM
Gazza
quote:
marko wrote:
In my opinion,this is emprassing.How dare he?
I´m just thinking,how the hell,are they going to re-organize beginning of the tour?Playing in Bergen,later this
year,is going to be a problem.Thats a place,where it rains
most of the year,and its not very warm there either.September is out of the question.And the tour was
planned to end in august.Gothenburg might be the 1st show,of the tour.Keith should really think twice,what to do,stop being a damn clown,and concentrade on music.
No wonder charlie wants to quit touring.

The main problem is that the longer the start of the tour gets postponed, then the higher number of shows need to be rescheduled for September - by which time the football season will have started and the stadiums wont be as easily available.

I notice that theres talk of the two opening Spanish shows being rescheduled for mid-June. Obviously this would affect other shows scheduled for that time - several of the June shows arent in football stadiums so for logistical reasons they may feel they need to reschedule THOSE shows to the end of the tour so that they can play the shows that ARE scheduled for stadiums during June/July.

The alternative could be (as Saint Sway suggested yesterday) to drop a few of the slower selling shows for mysterious 'logistical' reasons to fit these postponed shows in. Which would be a prety shitty way of doing things but nothing they havent done before
[Edited by Gazza]
9th May 2006 04:57 AM
Gazza BRIAN OP FOR FRAIL RICHARDS
By Fiona Cummins, Showbiz Reporter, And Eva Simpson

A GAUNT-LOOKING Keith Richards shuffled into hospital yesterday for an operation to remove a blood clot from his brain.

One onlooker said: "Keith was very slow. He seemed frail and drained of energy."

The 62-year-old Rolling Stones guitarist was last night recovering after the surgery, which as described as "a total success."

Doctors discovered the clot hen Keith complained of headaches after falling from a coconut tree he had climbed while on holiday in Fiji.

Surgeons in Auckland, New Zealand, drilled a tiny hole into his skull and drained off the lood. A Stones spokesman said: Keith is already up and talking with his family." He will need a few weeks to recuperate - delaying the start of the Stones' world tour until June.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/showbiz/tm_objectid=17050938&method=full&siteid=94762&headline=brian-op-for-frail-richards-name_page.html
9th May 2006 05:13 AM
Gazza Unconfirmed rumours have the first Paris show (3rd June) rescheduled to Friday June 30 - ie, the same weekend as the 2nd show there which is due to take place on July 2nd.

9th May 2006 05:22 AM
Pierre June 30 : a friday.

Be ready to have a nice empty stadium.

9th May 2006 05:31 AM
Dick Bush Keef sez:

"The shit hits a fan, but this bus keeps on rolling!"
9th May 2006 05:36 AM
Gazza
quote:
Pierre wrote:
June 30 : a friday.

doubt it, to be honest Pierre - as that show was pretty much a sell-out already - and throughout this tour there are shows scheduled for midweek dates that have sold ok

I've seen Friday shows in stadiums in Paris before and theyve always been sell outs.

Added bonus for those who were just travelling to one of the two Paris shows is that you can now see two in the same weekend if this rumour is accurate.
9th May 2006 05:52 AM
Pierre you forget all those who came only for the first SDF. No way to get Train or Plane tickets refunded. They won't come the june 30.
9th May 2006 05:55 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
Pierre wrote:
you forget all those who came only for the first SDF. No way to get Train or Plane tickets refunded. They won't come the june 30.

No, but others will take their place, people who couldn't find the time early June.
9th May 2006 06:00 AM
Pierre So fuck the fan who could go only to one show that's it ?

Same thing for the 80 € of train ?
9th May 2006 06:07 AM
Gazza
quote:
Pierre wrote:
you forget all those who came only for the first SDF. No way to get Train or Plane tickets refunded. They won't come the june 30.

I know, but that problem would be the same regardless of which day the show takes place on, and it wont just be confined to that show, of course.

Any postponements will always result in many people not being able to rearrange their holidays to go to the new date - usually because of the finances involved.

Plus, as Angie says, they could get rid of most of the returned tickets because of the number of people who were only going on July 2nd but could now go to both.

Theres no easy way around it for those who booked travel for 3rd June unfortunately
9th May 2006 07:34 AM
FOURCHETTE
quote:
Pierre wrote:
June 30 : a friday.

Pierre, tu n'exagères pas un peu ?
9th May 2006 07:36 AM
glencar Kiss that rumored US fall tour goodbye!
9th May 2006 07:40 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
Pierre wrote:
So fuck the fan who could go only to one show that's it ?

Same thing for the 80 € of train ?

Listen mate, we hear ya, we all do. It sucks hard. I know, it's money down the drain in lots of cases, especially with plane or train tickets etc. You've looked forward to it since at least Christmas, you have that date in your head, you're counting off the weeks when you have a crappy day at work, I know. And then it changes, you might not be able to make it to the rescheduled show, and on top of that you flush money down the toilet.

It's frustrating because there's nothing anyone can do, it's out of our hands. Feel welcome to vent frustration and disappointment, I know I would've gone mad if I had just lost hundreds of euros on a 'useless' plane ticket or something.

You'll work it out mate, and get to see your Stones this summer, one way or another! Cheers!
9th May 2006 07:44 AM
FotiniD Sure it sucks!

But when you really think about it, when you think of how WORSE things could have been, I don't know... Makes me even more anxious to catch a gig, and I might even try to travel to Italy as well. I don't care if it takes all my money away. Money are replaceable - people aren't.
9th May 2006 07:50 AM
Pierre
quote:
FOURCHETTE wrote:

Pierre, tu n'exagères pas un peu ?

yes, a little. ET MERDE !
9th May 2006 07:51 AM
Gazza
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Sure it sucks!

But when you really think about it, when you think of how WORSE things could have been, I don't know...

as frustrated and angry I can be at him for being such a silly irresponsible old bastard and climbing trees while drunk at his age, thats basically how I see it as well.
9th May 2006 07:51 AM
Angiegirl Lol, exaggerate all you want. I love that, I do it all the time, I'm the drama queen.
9th May 2006 08:50 AM
Joey
quote:
corgi37 wrote:

Come To Joey !
9th May 2006 09:32 AM
Flairville Hi all, a little tip to those who bought tickets for rescheduled shows with the $100 fanclub membership, if you are not happy with your seats, can't go etc you can get your $100 back. If you've got shitty seats but bought in a panic get the money back and try again.
9th May 2006 09:37 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat It will cost me about 1000 euro. Tickets, airline tickets and hotel costs. Insurance won't cover, so I'm thinking bout selling all my Stones tix to cover for the loss.
9th May 2006 10:21 AM
Gazza Bummer. Certainly not an amount to be sniffed at.

Surely most hotels dont charge you if you cancel in advance, though??

I would have thought that transport costs would have been the only 'non refundable' bill?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)